• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

there was a moment in mgs4 where I had to pause a cutscene because I was laughing too hard at what was happening

actual spoiler

it's really hard to not laugh when a giant mount rushmore of all the important characters in the series pops up out of the ocean

At one point a few years ago I had to go find a screenshot of that to prove to myself that it had actually happened.

I want a premium series where Dan is locked in a room with the full series run of Evangelion (the original, not the re-makes) and has to watch them straight through

because that's basically what I did and I don't think my mind has ever un-broken itself.

I finished the series at like 5 or 6 AM and was completely sleep deprived and I still basically don't count myself as having watched evangelion because I remember none of it.

I want a premium series where Dan is locked in a room with the full series run of Evangelion (the original, not the re-makes) and has to watch them straight through

because that's basically what I did and I don't think my mind has ever un-broken itself.

I finished the series at like 5 or 6 AM and was completely sleep deprived and I still basically don't count myself as having watched evangelion because I remember none of it.
the ultimate Evangelion experience

I really hope a couple of the crew, East or West, watched the Star Citizen videos from today. It's the first big "putting our money where our mouth is" moment for the project, and I'd love to hear what they have to say about it.

I marathoned Eva, it was alright. Probably cool for its time, but I just couldn't care enough about it.

Also, congrats on winning more costumes Brad!

No, you make him watch Bebop so that he thinks anime's actually a worthwhile medium and then you have him marathon any other anime to crush his spirit.

Draxyle

Neo Member
there was a moment in mgs4 where I had to pause a cutscene because I was laughing too hard at what was happening

actual spoiler

it's really hard to not laugh when a giant mount rushmore of all the important characters in the series pops up out of the ocean

I keep hearing about this, but I've never actually seen it despite completing that game a whole bunch of times. I don't know how I keep missing it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also can someone explain to me what is 'good' about Toejam and Earl besides the music? Because every time I've seen it played or played it myself it just seems like a whole lot of bullshit.

And the new Monster Factory is great. 'Feeding Trough? I ain't too proud'

And the new Monster Factory is great. 'Feeding Trough? I ain't too proud'

Felt the creation part was a little lacking (I guess since I've seen Ark's shenanigans before) but man, oh man, when it hits that conversation with the other player, I can understand why Justin pissed his pants.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
At one point a few years ago I had to go find a screenshot of that to prove to myself that it had actually happened.

When I wrote a list of some of the shit in 4 I had to google to make sure that wasn't a bad photoshop and my memory failing me. No. It was just bad.

But I think it is a joke.

I mean the same person doesn't make 2 and then make 4 where everything good is shit upon.

They did say they could knock it out in 1 episode or so. Shit. Dan Forgot to mention it in UPF.

Yeah, that's why I brought it up. He made no mention of it. Like you said, it'd just be one episode. Two at most, if one is dedicated to Dan explaining the characters, plots, and overarching themes of Portable Ops and Peace Walker. This would be important as well if Drew is going to play The Phantom Pain.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope a couple of the crew, East or West, watched the Star Citizen videos from today. It's the first big "putting our money where our mouth is" moment for the project, and I'd love to hear what they have to say about it.
I watched that stream to finally get an idea what it's about and for 90% of the (awful) presentation I did not get that info. But that last demo was pretty amazing, that's what they should show all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZtEEAdEihg

jaina

Whoa, just noticed @neogafnewthread is pulling in pics and videos from the OP for their tweets. I guess I'll switch back from @nesbot_feed.
But I'm late, the "PSA: It's back" thread has been talking about it for days.

Excited about MGS4 week. Is that to compensate for PAX lull?

Volotaire

Whoa, just noticed @neogafnewthread is pulling in pics and videos from the OP for their tweets. I guess I'll switch back from @nesbot_feed.
But I'm late, the "PSA: It's back" thread has been talking about it for days.

Excited about MGS4 week. Is that to compensate for PAX lull?

There's 3 now.

The first was @NeogafNewThreads. @Nesbot_feed came later with @Nesbot_feedOT.

There's also @NeoGAFNT2 which first pulled images, videos and gifs if the title of the thread isn't too long.

@NeogafNewThreads in the past few days has added that functionality. too

klonere

Banned

This is the one true way to watch Evangelion, I did it all in one straight shot over the course of a day.

It is one of the 3 animes I have watched in my life and that's quite enough thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom