• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should watch Akira. I think I caught the second half of it once and it was real weird.

And MG Rising is a rough game with some real high points. Its a damn shame they may never make a follow up because that game showed a lot of promise that could have been capitalised on if they where given longer then a year and a half to make it.

T6YO2.jpg

daydream

Banned
all of twin peaks is great

it didn't really need to come back for a new season, but then again, i'm just stoked to see new lynch material

Aerocrane

Are there two buck bumble themes on the server? I've heard it multiple times on the server but then sometimes it never plays.

There's only one. Track creators can set a song to play while their track is being played. This overrides the music from the server plugin. If the song can't be found, then no music will play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
has dan watched x-files? i feel like twin peaks and x-files are the one two punch.

it's a much better use of your time than fucking anime

Twin Peaks is worth finishing. Yes, the quality drops off at one point but the last episodes will matter a lot when season 3 comes out.

I need to watch X-Files. I don't think I've ever seen an entire episode.

That J-Stars game looks like it plays like crap. I can enjoy a good brawler with lots of fanservice like any decent nerd *coughSmashBroscough* but the combat looked like the most messy unfun fighting I have ever seen. I can't count the amount if times I saw Jason and Dan whiff some basic 2 button combo because of lock-on BS. Don't get me started on the super mode that lets you repeat a 8 second cinematic move back-to-back. Fuck that noise.

Cyberconnect2-esque fighters always have that style-over-substance problem.

Having skipped the episodes of Battlestar Galactica that come after the mutiny episode, and protecting myself from seeing just how truly awful that ending is, I must say you're wrong.

As a Doctor Who fan, let me tell you: skipping "bad" episodes of a show is bullshit. Commit or do something else.
Agreed, when Twin Peaks Crashed I stuck with it, dropping it would be a waste of time. Though there are times where you should just cut and run when a show goes bad.

Zebetite

Banned
"I'm at least 140% better than Jason Oestreicher at fighting games."

fuckin' dead

even if it meant that dirty dan ryckert brought shame to both jason and the joestar bloodline

Having skipped the episodes of Battlestar Galactica that come after the mutiny episode, and protecting myself from seeing just how truly awful that ending is, I must say you're wrong.

Nah, that's different, that's dropping a show. I'm on about picking and choosing episodes like a fussy eater. Boo to those people.

The hate on the "bad" parts of Twin Peaks is too overstated. Even when the show gets bad it's still worth watching for first time viewers. My first time going through it I didn't even think it was that bad. James will always be stupid, and the Mill/Jodi stuff will never be relevant, but it's still Twin Peaks dammit! God, actually thinking about it, it does get pretty bad, but I still feel like this is mostly from re-watching and thinking back. The first time seeing it, it just feels less but not overly bad.

Nothing beats that finale though, god damn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's never been more prevalent to me that Animal Crossing folk worked on Splatoon than just now when my buzzer goes off after I win a game. And you'd think I could just skip right out of the lobby but no. You need to watch your team celebrate, you need to watch your bar fill, and you need to watch the randomizer for your clothing shuffle so you can see your ability. And you can't skip through any of it.

It's not the longest thing in the world, but it was just like 'of course they wouldn't let me just mash A through this'

Sheeeit I wouldn't mind a mini fridge.

The thing holds 12 soda cans. I would've expected it to be one of those USB powered ones that just holds just one can like this:
411UYxmsZ9L.jpg

So, with the fridge holding 12 cans, that's got to be one of the more genuinely useful collector's edition items ever. I expect it to be one of the most expensive collector's editions ever, though.

Zaph

The thing holds 12 soda cans (I would've expected it to be one of those USB powered ones that just holds one can). That's got to be one of the more genuinely useful collector's edition items ever.

There is nothing useful about peltier mini-fridges. Don't waste your money.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
call-of-duty-black-ops-3-juggernog-edition_1600.0.jpg

That could be a half of a Giant Bomb logo in the corner. Even has what looks like a bomb on it.

call-of-duty-black-ops-3-juggernog-edition_1600.0.jpg

That could be a half of a Giant Bomb logo in the corner. Even has what looks like a bomb on it.

I'm wondering, due to the size (12 cans), if it's USB powered or traditionally powered with an outlet.

Also, seeing that makes me wish Fallout 4 did something similar, but with Nuka Cola branding.

Myggen

Seems like all the podcasts have small descriptions on the site now. Neat. I like that the Bombcast still has "taste-test questionable beverages" in the description.

Twin Peaks fans are weird. They'll say it's the best show ever while saying there's only like 8 good episodes and hating on most of the characters. I generally enjoyed all of it except the movie.

Xater

Twin Peaks fans are weird. They'll say it's the best show ever while saying there's only like 8 good episodes and hating on most of the characters. I generally enjoyed all of it except the movie.

I tried watching it and was mostly just bored. There is some interesting weirdness, but a lot of the characters are just annoying and it felt like nothing was going anywhere. Stopped near the end of the first season.

Patryn

Twin Peaks was very different for its time. If you look at other network shows of that era, you notice that it's got a very cinematic feel that didn't exist elsewhere.

However, if you come to it now, it actually feels less cinematic simply because we have so many shows that have expanded on that feel and pushed the boundaries further.

At least that's my theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom