• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimbuff

Has anyone had trouble skipping through videos when browsing the site on an iPad? I can select a time on the new player but can't actually do anything.

I miss the old player.
A slow double tap on the progress bar works for me. Yeah the new player sucks on the iPad. Can't even get a proper full screen, jeez.

Xater

I think we should start a "Time until Dan references wrestling" spreadsheet. For the J-Stars game it's 4 minutes.

Xater

"I pause because I want this a fair fight" says Dan after he has set his health to 140% at the character select.

jtfjtfnbjgm.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's weird Bamco hasn't brought over some kind of all in one Gundam VS thing in the US. There's not much to translate, and I think the playstyle could be a big hit if more people knew about it.

Even as a digital only title

Xater

I think it's weird Bamco hasn't brought over some kind of all in one Gundam VS thing in the US. There's not much to translate, and I think the playstyle could be a big hit if more people knew about it.

Their reasoning is that Gundam is a licensing nightmare outside of Japan and not a well enough known IP these days. Apparently Rise of Incarnates is their attempt to make the gameplay of it a thing over here. I just watched some videos of it and it looks a lot like Gundam. Sadly don't have a PC to try it out. It's F2P is anyone else wants to give it a shot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Isn't Rise of the Incarnates a take on that series, but made terrible because Bamco thought Americans couldn't handle/didn't want Gundam VS?

Xater

The more I am watching of this J-Star QL the more I am thinking I should get it anyway. It's not like I'm getting anything Gundam VS on PS4 any time soon...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The more I am watching of this J-Star QL the more I am thinking I should get it anyway. It's not like I'm getting anything Gundam VS on PS4 any time soon...

I bought it because it was so ridiculous that it was coming out here that I had to buy it.

hamchan

Y'know what game I would like them to look one day, Bust-a-Groove on PS1. Heck, put it in Ranking of Fighters even though it's not really a fighting game; it'll be more interesting than stuff at Toshinden 3's level at least. It's the game that got me addicted to rhythm games.

Having just gone through a playthrough to taste that nostalgia, looking at it now it's a pretty barebones game that doesn't have much depth in the gameplay, but dammit my 8 year old self loved that game enough to finish it hundreds of times probably.

Jeff Gerstmann in 1998 gave it a 7.6 which seems about right: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bust-a-groove-review/1900-2546923/

Y'know what game I would like them to look one day, Bust-a-Groove on PS1. Heck, put it in Ranking of Fighters even though it's not really a fighting game; it'll be more interesting than stuff at Toshinden 3's level at least. It's the game that got me addicted to rhythm games.

Having just gone through a playthrough to taste that nostalgia, looking at it now it's a pretty barebones game that doesn't have much depth in the gameplay, but dammit my 8 year old self loved that game enough to finish it hundreds of times probably.

Jeff Gerstmann in 1998 gave it a 7.6 which seems about right: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bust-a-groove-review/1900-2546923/

YES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom