• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'know what game I would like them to look one day, Bust-a-Groove on PS1. Heck, put it in Ranking of Fighters even though it's not really a fighting game; it'll be more interesting than stuff at Toshinden 3's level at least. It's the game that got me addicted to rhythm games.

Having just gone through a playthrough to taste that nostalgia, looking at it now it's a pretty barebones game that doesn't have much depth in the gameplay, but dammit my 8 year old self loved that game enough to finish it hundreds of times probably.

Jeff Gerstmann in 1998 gave it a 7.6 which seems about right: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bust-a-groove-review/1900-2546923/

Yes. All my yes. Someone email them stat

J-Stars looks like a real disappointing follow-up to those bitchin' DS games. Is this the same type of gameplay as Dragon Ball Xenoverse?

jtfjtfnbjgm.png
Why

hamchan

People sent Dan all those anime like a year ago and he's only watched Akira. He should skip watching a 3 hour RAW every week which is mostly garbage these days and get on those DVDs.

Vanquish is a goddamn classic and MGR was great for what was clearly a rushed production schedule.

I still need to play W101 but i'm sure it's Japan's greatest hidden treasure. I'm sure of this.

All the Platinum games are pretty great in their own ways

People just need to git gud. Even though I played half a dozen fighting games on the PS3 Anarchy Reigns was the one I got the most hate mail for, I guess because I played it like a fighting game. Outside of the dumb mashing stuff to get out of locks/stuns the game was a really well-executed competitive game that suffered a lot from not having the necessary optimization or netcode and in turn the player base to really flourish. I hope a bigger dev takes those ideas and puts it in a more accessible package.

FluxWaveZ

People just need to git gud. Even though I played half a dozen fighting games on the PS3 Anarchy Reigns was the one I got the most hate mail for, I guess because I played it like a fighting game. Outside of the dumb mashing stuff to get out of locks/stuns the game was a really well-executed competitive game that suffered a lot from not having the necessary optimization or netcode and in turn the player base to really flourish.

As someone who organized a relatively large scale, GB community Anarchy Reigns tournament (with 24 players), with multiple phases (some footage here, Grand Finals here), all I can say is: nonononono.

You're right about that netcode, though. Atrocious.

Y'know what game I would like them to look one day, Bust-a-Groove on PS1. Heck, put it in Ranking of Fighters even though it's not really a fighting game; it'll be more interesting than stuff at Toshinden 3's level at least. It's the game that got me addicted to rhythm games.

Having just gone through a playthrough to taste that nostalgia, looking at it now it's a pretty barebones game that doesn't have much depth in the gameplay, but dammit my 8 year old self loved that game enough to finish it hundreds of times probably.

Jeff Gerstmann in 1998 gave it a 7.6 which seems about right: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/bust-a-groove-review/1900-2546923/

It's a shame that it's pretty much impossible to play emulated.

None, but most try to do something slightly different. The entire time you play MGR it's like 'why am I not playing Ninja Gaiden instead.' Every hour it reminds you of how it's not as good as Ninja Gaiden.

MGR has better music than NGB. And you don't need to endure the peril that is handling the original xbox.

Ninja Gaiden in its decades of existence has a maximum count of zero senators that are not to be fucked with.

Metal Gear Rising has a senator who played college ball, y'know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom