• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakwoff

At first I found this feature weird, but you know... I think I get it.

There's something to taking time and really sitting down and going sorta deep into obscure/crummy games like this.

Anjin M

At first I found this feature weird, but you know... I think I get it.

There's something to taking time and really sitting down and going sorta deep into obscure/crummy games like this.

I'm a total hypocrite because last week I wanted them to play 2 or 3 games per episode, but this week I insist they play this the whole time.

Glad to see people coming around!

I'm looking forward to watching this tonight.

The funny thing is that this might legitimately be one of the worst fighting games of all time.

Edit: Second game hype! Also, TMNT: Tournament Fighters was really disappointing.

There were at least 3 versions of this game. The NES and Genesis versions were total garbage. The SNES version was a bit better but still not great.

I genuinely like Tournament Fighters. As a fighter it's a broken POS but it's still fun as fuck and is a pretty looking game. The voices sound real good for a SNES game.

Some of the stages are really trippy in Tournament Fighters, like how Aska's stage is some themepark version of a Japanese temple or Armagon's stage takes place on this half submerged pirate ship with a giant octopus in the background. I liked how the poster of the woman in Leonardo's stage comes to life when a round is finished.

The music in the game is some of the best tunes on the SNES. Like Raphael's restaurant stage theme or the aforementioned Leonardo stage theme.

Fun fact: In the Japanese version of the game, Aska's shorts were more skimpy and she had a unique win pose that had unique sprites of her... well she would did a spin and her boobs would jiggle a little bit. I think every character but Karai, Rat King, and Aska in the Japanese version would have win poses that are just re-purposed sprites from one of their moves.

Did I mention how much I like this game?

KingKong

How can they possibly assign proper ranking to the games if they're given unequal amounts of time and attention? This whole thing is a sham

The Genesis version has Casey Jones, Krang (as a boss), and this guy:
NZsfJYo.gif

(Okay, the backgrounds in the Genesis version don't look very nice)
(GIF taken from the HG101 article)

It's amazing how this game just teases you by putting fan favorites like Baxter and Bebop in the background while you can't even select them.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's amazing how this game just teases you by putting fan favorites like Baxter and Bebop in the background while you can't even select them.

Hey, you've got to have room for...War? From that time the Turtles fought the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom