• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddified

I liked the combat in all the XIII games, but the story sure does go places....

I've also got a platinum in all of them so....yay?

Myggen

What a coincidence, you say this on the same day that my copy of Lightning Returns arrives

sdfgheou09.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Patrick turning up in chat during X Files music. Superb.

Haha I wonder if it's because I tweeted to him that the X-Files music was playing.

Also...what? Jeff is getting married? He announced it on the stream??

Edit: Nvm I just saw the Tumblr question.... Congrats Jeff!

danm999

It is bearable if you can disconnect yourself from the story as the combat system is quite nice. Shame about everything else.

Yeah the combat system is great. There's a really solid core gameplay loop in there that feels like it got Toroyama'd to death.

I also cannot understand how Lightning is as popular as she is unless I take it that people just like looking at her. Characters like Ciri and Max Caulfield won me over in under an hour. Lightning after three games makes me feeling nothing.

Teddified

Getting everything in XIII is freakin INSANE. I tried. Waaaay too long.

XIII-2 though... that Platinum seems pretty doable.

If I recall right my save file in XIII was 100 hrs, so the plat wasn't too hard, It was just a bunch of grinding at the end.

The crazy plat to me is White Knight Chronicles, which I gave up on because it basically required online play and would take over 500 hrs to probably do.

tuxfool

Banned
I also cannot understand how Lightning is as popular as she is unless I take it that people just like looking at her. Characters like Ciri and Max Caulfield won me over in under an hour. Lightning after three games makes me feeling nothing.

Nobody likes lightening apart from the japanese, I wonder if something about her gets lost in localization. She kept reappearing because Toroyama was obsessed with her.

danm999

That's a good point maybe it's the localisation. Her English VO just makes me think boy maybe I should play Mass Effect again, Liara was a pretty neat lady.

Myggen

Depends on the metal I guess. I'm a fan of black and death metal, but the self serious parts of those genres is absolutely hilarious. I'm betting that 90 % of all black metal covers have some dudes in black posing in a forest.

Megasoum

Banned
Considering that Metallica is my favorite band of all time I have to disagree.

Also I only listen to old stuff: Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, etc

A big reason I love metal is because it's usually so serious it wraps around on itself and becomes silly in a fun way. Also why I appreciate that Dethklok is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom