• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If the premise is that a female link would be hotter then the point is moot anyway. Both gendered links are hot.

Jintor

people rag on spirit tracks a lot (deservedly so to some extent) but I really did like that Zelda actually hung out with you for that entire game.

Haunted

You just outed yourself as someone who doesn't listen to the Beastcast... Shame on you
I've listened to all 50 episodes so far (but concede that I might have missed something given that I usually have them on as background noise while I'm running/cycling).

in that "some guy broke into Digital Extremes" thread, there was a guy fighting tooth and nail saying people shouldn't report on the story because video game people are good people and we shouldn't hurt their feelings

and then the other guy who kept insisting that if there weren't bad people, security wouldn't matter. I'm still not sure why he thought that was important
smh

I bet Alex and Vinny could hold their own in a bar fight.

Alex seems like the kind of guy who wouldnt be afraid of getting hit in the face.

That super kick did come close to shoot kicking Alex in the face.

Brad's entry in the OP should reference that he lives a life of perceived slights.

Haunted

If the premise is that a female link would be hotter then the point is moot anyway. Both gendered links are hot.
exhibit A

F8XRW32K.jpg

exhibit B

I rest my case. (I have no horse in this race, just wanted an excuse to post classic LoZ cosplay pictures).

Jothel

downloading Her Story, the two minutes I watched of the quick look looked super interesting.

Also, I've decided to buy a TV and PS4. I've got a PS+ account for my vita, so I might as well reap the free games for PS4 too. Once I'm more established - i.e moved out of of my wife's parents house, I'll build a PC.

I'll be balls deep in the Witcher soon!.... as soon as I get a Japanese credit card that is

I mean if Link is just a blank slate of a hero with no voice and no discerning characteristics outside of having pointy ears and being dressed in green then why not just give people a character generator and be done with it?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I mean if Link is just a blank slate of a hero with no voice and no discerning characteristics outside of having pointy ears and being dressed in green then why not just give people a character generator and be done with it?

Well you see, in the game you play as the hero, Link, who happens to be a boy, therefore he can't be a girl. Thank you for understanding.

Myggen

Eh whatever, I don't mind them, especially when there really aren't that many of them here. I don't really care if people don't like them either. My point is let's not turn this thread into bitching about other stuff on gaf, especially after that e3 incident.

Yeah, it's pretty much as off topic as you can get too. At least when people discuss wrestling or whatever in here you can kinda argue that it's something that's discussed in GB content (but that defense gets weaker the more you discuss a topic like that), no one at GB gives any fuck about the quality of threads on NeoGAF so I don't really see why it's relevant at all. Also yeah, mods tend to not like bitching about a forum on said forum, which is why you have the rule of not questioning why a thread exists in said thread. Turning this thread into "the state of NeoGAF" sounds like dangerous territory, and we're already on thin ice for a while because of the ridiculous Gametrailers vs. Giant Bomb fanboy war. If someone created a thread complaining about aspects of Gaming, to give one example, I would be surprised if that thread wasn't locked within minutes. So...

Megasoum

Banned
I've listened to all 50 episodes so far (but concede that I might have missed something given that I usually have them on as background noise while I'm running/cycling).

The Clip on Tie was the running gag for the whole episode last friday.

I'm catching up on the Beastcast. Drew REALLY needs to do that Star Citizen Unfinished, because every time GB talks about that game they think they know far more than they do about it.

It's a mix of Stockholm Syndrome and fear of retribution. "They have our best interests at heart, just let them do what they want! Let's not do anything they might dislike or our corporate overlords will punish us for it!"

Fuck Capcom and fuck corporate apologists.

But... Monster Hunter 4u sold like gangbusters. Like, the best selling western Monster Hunter release, do people not realize how stupid it would be for a corporation not to release after doing so good?

I mean I understand only releasing the "ultimate" editions westward, but that's a different case.

in that "some guy broke into Digital Extremes" thread, there was a guy fighting tooth and nail saying people shouldn't report on the story because video game people are good people and we shouldn't hurt their feelings

and then the other guy who kept insisting that if there weren't bad people, security wouldn't matter. I'm still not sure why he thought that was important

Yeah that was really fucked up. Luckily the guys at DE are all ok. Rebecca, their community manager, was quick to post that they don't mind fan visits as long as they're done under normal circumstances, which is probably where some of the defense came from... Completely ignoring the story in the process.

That Neon Struct game looks dreadful. I am so done with stealth in every game ever in 2015, never mind a stealth game done like one from 10 years ago.

I somehow expected this response from you, no idea why.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i don't actually really care for gore all that much, but since i like really dark stuff, it tends to follow.

Neon Struct looks cool; so cool that i stopped watching the QL :\

e:

That Neon Struct game looks dreadful. I am so done with stealth in every game ever in 2015, never mind a stealth game done like one from 10 years ago.

lol, maybe i'll watch the rest then first

daydream

Banned
elder scrolls online remains the only ql i haven't seen through to the end

there's no reason i couldn't close that gap but it seems appropriately funnier to me this way

daydream

Banned
i've turned off the Sunset one twice. i don't think i'll be going back again

eh you know, you don't have to actually *watch* every second of that. the conversation was interesting, at least, and the rest is some form of ql ocd on my end

if a ql gets a bit long in the tooth for whatever reason, i usually just let it run in the background and commence playing bullet (chess) or something

Is it just me or does Neon Struct look like it's built off a modified Minecraft?

The window and well...the blockiness is really apparent. Like it's running on a Minecraft engine with a skin over it to hide that fact. Even the movement of the character is nearly the same.

Xater

Is it just me or does Neon Struct look like it's built off a modified Minecraft?

The window and well...the blockiness is really apparent. Like it's running on a Minecraft engine with a skin over it to hide that fact. Even the movement of the character is nearly the same.

I just started the QL. Looks like the same style Eldtritch used. Except for some blockyness nothing like Minecraft.

Even the way that the doors open in Neon Struct! The way you jump and how the kitchen area looks in that place under Coffee!

Jesus christ I'm thinking that it's built on a modified Minecraft engine.

I just started the QL. Looks like the same style Eldtritch used. Except for some blockyness nothing like Minecraft.

I don't know what that is so I'm going to take offense at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom