• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

The last two Beastcasts have been phenomenal. They finally got their groove on. Might I say it's been more fun than Bombcast. Lots of energy.

The best thing about how (relatively) easy it is to make 3D games now is that we can get more awesome stealth games like they used to make them in the 90s.

did someone say brutal anime deaths

doomedkittyqfsdz.gif
I refuse to just let this go without being quoted at least once.

mintyice

The last two Beastcasts have been phenomenal. They finally got their groove on. Might I say it's been more fun than Bombcast. Lots of energy.

Yeah definitely. It always seems like Brad keeps bringing up how long they've been there and how over they are like he doesn't want to be there at all.

Myggen

Yeah definitely. It always seems like Brad keeps bringing up how long they've been there and how over they are like he doesn't want to be there at all.

That's always at the end of the podcast when they're close to 3 hours. I wouldn't exactly read anything into that. Vinny also says that they need to end the podcast when it's 2 hours plus, and I doubt you'd argue that he doesn't want to be there.

Dishonored inevitably broke down into me yelling "Boring conversation anyway...." and then going berserk.

Loved the game though.

Dishonored inevitably broke down into me yelling "Boring conversation anyway...." and then going berserk.

Loved the game though.

It suffers the same fate that just about any stealth game i play does: be the baddest, quitest, lurking-in-the-shadows ninja super cool dude until i knock over a pot or some shit and all the guards are onto me. Then, it's just a clusterfuck of shooting/slicing/grenading my way out of this disaster.

Easy there tiger, I'd argue Dishonored is the only good FPStealth game.

That doesn't forgive the failures of almost every other title trying to do it.

I'm pretty sure that the Thief games are considered the pinnacle of FPS stealth. People love to forget those games and say that FPS stealth is terrible when it was nailed more than a decade ago.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Vinny and Austin has quickly joined Vinny and Jeff, Vinny and Ryan, Vinny and Brad, Vinny and Alex, and Vinny and Patrick as the best Quick Look combos.

Weird how that works out.

daydream

Banned
i mean, classic thief is pretty dope

anyway, i started playing bullet after, like, 9 minutes. the style doesn't seem to work, at all. i liked your title, neon struct. and the carpet designs.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Thief 1 & 2 are pretty fantastic first person stealth games that came out seventy two years ago.

Also I'm still making my way through the latest bestcast, and it's so good. They really assembled a great crew.

Megasoum

Banned
It looks like it already but I really hope that Jeff gets a permanent seat on the Beastcast.

They have the perfect 4 man crew right now.

Myggen

It looks like it already but I really hope that Jeff gets a permanent seat on the Beastcast.

They have the perfect 4 man crew right now.

I would guess semi-permanent. He'll sub out when they have a guest, seemed like from the Mic Check that Vinny wanted 4 chairs.

Jeff's and Austin's voices are still too damn similar to me. I can tell them apart, but if I zone out slightly their voices blend strongly.

I felt that way at first, before I was familiar with either of them, but now I can't imagine ever confusing them. Austin especially has a very distinct cadence.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I felt that way at first, before I was familiar with either of them, but now I can't imagine ever confusing them. Austin especially has a very distinct cadence.

I still have the same problem I had at the start, that whenever Alex and Vinny are talking, either Jeff or Austin could add a small comment and I have no idea who said it. Once they actually start to have a conversation it's obvious, but if somebody throws in a "Yeah" then it's a coinflip.

Megasoum

Banned
I dunno... I still mix them up from time to time but not that often.

We had the same problem when Jason and Dan started at GB West and we would never confuse them nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom