• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamnBoxes

They really do need a function where the tapes will simply audible pause and resume when you have something like mission intel or a random ambient noise come in over the top of them.

So true. Listening to tapes at Mother Base is not a great idea. "Boss, even with the intel we gathered from the Soviet base // you don't know the awesomeness of a puppy's paw pads?"

So true. Listening to tapes at Mother Base is not a great idea. "Boss, even with the intel we gathered from the Soviet base // you don't know the awesomeness of a puppy's paw pads?"

all the people telling me how stoked they were about the puppy was cracking me the hell up. it was like 5 in a row on my way back to the chopper last night

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
MGS5 will be quite a few episodes if they use past formats. And they'll probably go even slower since they have no target time anymore.

wait till scanlon 5 happens. i'll go from wall of shame poster to gone if they start playing before I finish the game.

So far it's been perfectly fine so I imagine it will be fine when Scanlon 5 starts. I think I've looked at every spoiler tagged thing relating to MGSV that's been in this thread and most of it hasn't even been story stuff and any story stuff has been super early game.

So far it's been perfectly fine so I imagine it will be fine when Scanlon 5 starts. I think I've looked at every spoiler tagged thing relating to MGSV that's been in this thread and most of it hasn't even been story stuff and any story stuff has been super early game.

it'll be different when people are discussing the events playing out in the videos though. ideally, folks will still spoiler tag their comments regarding what's in the videos but then we would find ourselves with a thread that looks like a redacted highly classified government document.

it'll be different when people are discussing the events playing out in the videos though. ideally, folks will still spoiler tag their comments regarding what's in the videos but then we would find ourselves with a thread that looks like a redacted highly classified government document.

Any events that happen in a video will certainly be spoken about more loosely but I think it shouldn't be too bad for the most part. I think there shouldn't be too much worry if you're concerned about spoilers. Plus, huge plot events are so thinly spread out that it will be like 1 in at least every 20 pages that might enter spoiler territory.

I think a MGScanlon V could be fun just due to the sheer variety of ways to tackle any mission now. I've currently been using the sexy lady poster on my cardboard box to draw guards out to knock out/interrogate, and the soldier poster when I'm just trying to sneak by and get seen.

I do wonder how people would feel about Drew playing some of the game off the air, particularly some Side Ops. I personally would be more than happy if they trimmed the fat that way. There's just such a huge amount of them, and after XX hours of the playthrough I wonder if watching them infiltrate the same outpost for the 5th time might be a bit much.

Without spoiling anything for people who haven't played it, that won't work.

Heimbeck

Banned
Reading Jeff's blog, it's really weird how he liked Shadows of Mordor but thinks Batman is a lackluster game.
I thought he would of just found both boring and moved on.

Reading Jeff's blog, it's really weird how he liked Shadows of Mordor but thinks Batman is a lackluster game.
I thought he would of just found both boring and moved on.

The nemesis system alone makes Mordor. Everything else it has is fine, but it's all about the nemesis system. It's amazing.

Batman is just more bats but with crappy car segments. it's possibly the worst of the 3 main Arkham games.

The nemesis system alone makes Mordor. Everything else it has is fine, but it's all about the nemesis system. It's amazing.

Batman is just more bats but with crappy car segments. it's possibly the worst of the 3 main Arkham games.

The nemesis system is the most overblown thing about Mordor. It's not really that big of a deal.

Heimbeck

Banned

I think all Warner Bros games are basically the same at this point, Batman combat and an open world.
They all just have different spins on the same basic concepts.
I personally didn't think too highly of the nemesis system but I suppose Jeff must have, still seems odd to me he wouldn't get more bored of it like he did with Batman.

Jeff's taste in games is extremely unpredictable.

lol, 100% true.

That Tearaway port seems like a real bummer for all the forced attempts to translate Vita functionalities

Yeah, even as a fan of the Vita game I'm not sure why'd I want to play a better looking, but worse controlling version of Tearaway for $40. That price is a bit much for a Vita remaster. I wouldn't be surprised if this fails to sell all that much better than the Vita version either.

that nemesis system was fantastic. You know how years ago people were hoping that other games took batman combat since combat was kinda garbage in other third person adventure games?

I hope the same happens with the nemesis system. A GTA or asscreed with that in place might actually get me to buy one of those games again

Yeah, even as a fan of the Vita game I'm not sure why'd I want to play a better looking, but worse controlling version of Tearaway for $40. That price is a bit much for a Vita remaster. I wouldn't be surprised if this fails to sell all that much better than the Vita version either.

it could probably sell poorly relative to the PS4 base and still do better than how it did on the Vita

Xater

I kinda still want to play it, because I didn't get to play it on the Vita. I will wait though. This being a Sony title means there will be good sals down the line or it might end up being free.

popo

MPP is normally premium, but MPP5 isn't. So there's no reason why it shouldn't be on YT.

other than Nintendo will content claim all your ad monies

Regarding the mailbag, I totally get being picky about your coffee. I like mine black and only made a certain way, but when you demand others do it the same way you just seem like a shit-person. Maybe they were trying to be funny, I dunno.

It isn't just coffee. People always want to tell you how you should be eating and drinking.

Well I paid for this food, so if I want to have a well done steak with ketchup and wash it down with a 15 year old scotch and soda - fuck you if you don't like it and get out of my life.

hamchan

The nemesis system is the most overblown thing about Mordor. It's not really that big of a deal.

I have to agree. It didn't work for me and apparently a lot of people on GAF too, probably because we never died. I think some refinements in the sequel could bring it up to amazing level because the base is there to be built on.

Haunted

I can see how it wouldn't affect some players, but man, if it works, it really works and automatically solves a lot of problems with games like it.

It's a great system.

The nemesis system adds a lot of fun to Mordor but it feels like a base to built upon more than anything else. Most of the events like feasts and assassinations don't happen dynamically in the world. Instead you run to an icon on the map where nothing is happening, hit whatever, and all of a sudden there's a feast going on and a new mission. Hope in the next game that everything happens in the world on its own accord.

Going by reviews a majority of the game is new and what isn't is often rearranged completely so I don't see how it's not worth the price. Incredible production values, tons of new content, same charm, and so on. Still think the game is incredibly underrated, the end sequence of the Vita version is probably the most emotional reaction I've ever had to a game. Interested to see how it's recreated or changed.

It isn't just coffee. People always want to tell you how you should be eating and drinking.

Well I paid for this food, so if I want to have a well done steak with ketchup and wash it down with a 15 year old scotch and soda - fuck you if you don't like it and get out of my life.

Absolutely! I put ketchup on much of my Mexican food in defiance of my Hispanic friends.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member

Yeah, I didn't get it either. It really didn't appear to make any meaningful difference to gameplay for me -- granted, I only put about five hours into the game before I got completely bored with it and traded it in. But still, it was just like... OK, every once in a while I'll kill a dude that causes a menu to appear where that random dude disappears, then another random dude from a lower grid row on that menu moves up into his spot, and then.... that's it? Like, I don't know why I was supposed to care. It's not like they were actually any different than any other slightly-higher-difficulty lieutenant or chief-type enemies, they just had a random name slapped on them and a menu told me they were "special." Eh.

so are we in the food discussion portion of the thread again?

because fuck you monsters with that ketchup on a steak nonsense. Bet you like your steaks well done, too, like youre eating a leather boot or some shit.

savages

popo

because fuck you monsters with that ketchup on a steak nonsense. Bet you like your steaks well done, too, like youre eating a leather boot or some shit.

savages

I don't usually put ketchup on anything but burgers and hotdogs - but if someone starts I will squeeze that shit on everything just to annoy them.

I once ended a promising relationship over wasabi. Don't test me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Steak doesn't have to be all rare. Trust me, I'll eat my beef raw, but I can appreciate a good shaking beef as well.

Yeah, I didn't get it either. It really didn't appear to make any meaningful difference to gameplay for me -- granted, I only put about five hours into the game before I got completely bored with it and traded it in. But still, it was just like... OK, every once in a while I'll kill a dude that causes a menu to appear where that random dude disappears, then another random dude from a lower grid row on that menu moves up into his spot, and then.... that's it? Like, I don't know why I was supposed to care. It's not like they were [/I]actually[/i] any different than any other slightly-higher-difficulty lieutenant or chief-type enemies, they just had a random name slapped on them and a menu told me they were "special." Eh.
Enemies you killed would often come back multiple times if you didn't execute them with different buffs depending on how you killed them and reference that manner as well. Creates some fun scenarios where one guy just keeps coming back again and again like in a horror movie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I loved the nemesis system and completely agree with Mordor being on the top of game of the year lists. I only played the first half last year because it didn't have much staying power, but I played through the first city in just about one power session, then three months later played through the second area and loved both halves. It worked in the setting (most games would have obvious difficulties with the "repeatedly kill the same enemy" concept) and was a lot more fun than any game's random open world missions to mess around with.

savages

with that, it's like, i don't get to eat (good) steak all that often so seeing someone prepare something i could be enjoying badly hurts my soul

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't like steak that much. Beef in almost any other form > a steak. The only time a steak is great is when it's hibachi-d.

Seriously.

I'll take the tongue and tail over any steak any day.

The tongue is like the most tender and beefy steak you'll ever eat but people ignore it because ew tongue I guess.

Jamaican oxtail curry is soooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom