• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic random MGS thoughts.

I think I'm an MGS convert. After pretty much disliking most MGS games I'm completely obsessed with V. My only complain in the game is how the cassette tapes are handled, I feel like I need to listen to the player for a half hour between each mission.

danm999

Off topic random MGS thoughts.

I think I'm an MGS convert. After pretty much disliking most MGS games I'm completely obsessed with V. My only complain in the game is how the cassette tapes are handled, I feel like I need to listen to the player for a half hour between each mission.

They really do need a function where the tapes will simply audible pause and resume when you have something like mission intel or a random ambient noise come in over the top of them.

They really do need a function where the tapes will simply audible pause and resume when you have something like mission intel or a random ambient noise come in over the top of them.

Yeah, I tried to even go in and mess with the volume options only to find out there weren't any.

Some things I just think could be implemented in a different way completely. Stuff like the Motherbase updates could easily be handled by visiting motherbase and talking to Miller or something. Things like Afghanistan today could come over some radios in the game that don't have song tapes. Getting 6 tapes after every mission just seems like the worst way to handle all of it.

Xater

I usually just listen to the tapes while doing Side Ops. You don't get much chatter over the radio there that can interrupt them.

Jothel

Oh maaaaaaan, went to Mother Base for the first time, fultoned a bunch of people etc... then just before I was about to board the chopper but instead I decided to jump into the sea, just to see... I died and it restarted me with the checkpoint at the cutscene going to Mother Base so now I have to do it allllllll again

LiK

I usually just listen to the tapes while doing Side Ops. You don't get much chatter over the radio there that can interrupt them.

i keep forgetting you can listen to tapes at anytime during missions. kinda wish I can hook up a podcast feed to it.

Myggen

Sigh.... I wish that Beast quicklook would get uploaded to youtube too.

They really need to get that sorted. MPP5 isn't on YT either.

Just watched the Max Mad QL.

the world looks huge and the skybox is very purdy.

Will try when I get the chance.

I think Mad Max is the official starting point of me being sick of Batman combat. Mordor came out at just the right time for me, if it had come out now I doubt I'd enjoy it half as much as I did.

Regarding the mailbag, I totally get being picky about your coffee. I like mine black and only made a certain way, but when you demand others do it the same way you just seem like a shit-person. Maybe they were trying to be funny, I dunno.

Myggen

Regarding the mailbag, I totally get being picky about your coffee. I like mine black and only made a certain way, but when you demand others do it the same way you just seem like a shit-person. Maybe they were trying to be funny, I dunno.

I read that as the person trying to be funny, but yeah, it kinda seemed like some Will Smith level of coffee elitism :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I got sick of batman combat right after sleeping dogs.

And sleeping dogs wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't for the environmental stuff.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Being able to put people onto a table saw or a meat hook is the best game mechanic of 2010.

Which kinda makes me sound like a maniac.

LiK

still pisses me off they're squandering their resources on some shitty looking Sleeping Dogs MMO. nobody asked for that.

I think a MGScanlon V could be fun just due to the sheer variety of ways to tackle any mission now. I've currently been using the sexy lady poster on my cardboard box to draw guards out to knock out/interrogate, and the soldier poster when I'm just trying to sneak by and get seen.

I do wonder how people would feel about Drew playing some of the game off the air, particularly some Side Ops. I personally would be more than happy if they trimmed the fat that way. There's just such a huge amount of them, and after XX hours of the playthrough I wonder if watching them infiltrate the same outpost for the 5th time might be a bit much.

Patrick is one of those people that says Laura instead of Lara.

Cmon son you cant be slippin' like that

fucking eatchildren just dropping major phantom pain spoilers on his twitter

glad i dont have a twitter. Seems MGSV is an especially shitty thing to spoil given how sparse the story is compared to previous MGS games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom