• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the enemies in MGS V really do start to react to your methods. Game just got a lot harder without going into details, and seemingly in every mission including side quests.

Anjin M

I have a real stormtrooper-chic mentality when it comes to the sparseness of my work areas. I couldn't work on a desk like that. But, hey, some people really thrive creatively in chaotic environments. I've seen worse.
Same here. I leave my desk so clear that people assume that I've been fired any time I go on vacation.

Gah. I can't watch the final part of Metal Gear Scanlon 1 (Pt 11) for some reason. My browser keeps dying whenever I try to access that particular video on GB.

Daaaaavvveeeeee

NinjaEdit: Now the site's down. Dave must be on it.

Edit: Looks like the site's back. Now I've tried the non-HTML5 player and everything's OK. I hate GB's video player...

Frenden

Banned
Same here. I leave my desk so clear that people assume that I've been fired any time I go on vacation.

Yup:

CE10tJYUEAAal_3.jpg

This is about as cluttered as I get:

CEbG9JnWYAAEzh5.png

Quentyn

Mad Max doesn't look so bad. After seeing the reviews I expected much worse.

I haven't played Shadow of Mordor yet, but just from watching the Quick Looks I don't see how that game won all these awards while Mad Max gets critically panned. There doesn't seem that much difference to me. I actually think Mad Max looks better and I probably will get that first.

Wunder

Are you sure? Maybe it's rose-tinted glasses, but I seem to remember the change in comment style being pretty directly aligned with when the forum community was demolished with that big website revamp at some point. I remember people on GAF shitting on the comments back then and defending it as not actually being bad, but now I see it and it's actually bad.

I'm with you, the first couple years the community was pretty cool. I remember hosting SC2 tournaments for the GB community when Brad was super into it. However I guess I never really ventured out of that forum so perhaps General/comments on videos were pretty bad since the start.

I haven't played Shadow of Mordor yet, but just from watching the Quick Looks I don't see how that game won all these awards while Mad Max gets critically panned. There doesn't seem that much difference to me. I actually think Mad Max looks better and I probably will get that first.

Shadow of Mordor had the Nemesis System. Not everyone got into it but those that did, REALLY got into it. Besides that, they're both just generic open world games based on established properties so your mileage may vary on which property you care about more.

AcridMeat

Banned
They did Spring cleaning only 6 months ago.
Pretty sure that was just to get rid of their box mountain was it not? Doubt they cleaned their desks in the process.
Hahahahaha oh shit the amount of ideas popping in my head now.

By the way, my first mission
rescuing Kaz
I sprinted around bionic arming people.

Then I couldn't find him because I didn't scout properly and then decided it was time for dinner.

Jintor

You know come to think of it it's amusing to me that Revengeance has much more interesting *story* bosses than the B&B Unit. Mistral in particular basically has the exact same story as a B&B unit but is infinitely more interesting than any of them

You know come to think of it it's amusing to me that Revengeance has much more interesting *story* bosses than the B&B Unit. Mistral in particular basically has the exact same story as a B&B unit but is infinitely more interesting than any of them

Jetstream Sam needs his own full game.

yami4ct

I've played a bit of MGSV today (It finally finished downloading! Yay. It only took over a day). Really digging it so far. Love all the dumb situations you can get yourself in. For instance, in one mission I had a perfect stealth rating going. I just extracted the needed dude and I should've started to head out. I then heard Kids in America playing and I knew what I had to do. Ended up getting caught while searching for the tape, but I got it and sprinted out.

Totally worth it. My helicopter now plays Kids in America while coming to pick me up. It's amazing.

Jintor

tapes in this game I thought to myself "Man I hope these tapes are in the game so my chopper can race overhead blasting rockets and blaring pop music" and then they were:

a) kids in america
b)
Take On Me
c)
The Final Countdown

game rules

I found
Maneater

I think that's the song Drew was excited for. He's going to have fun getting that one, it's in a hard to reach spot @_@

I finished playing the prologue after work. Hopefully I'll have time to do the real game tonight. I need sleep so it will need to wait until after work again.

Xater

The Sneak King drawer really was like a real life Airplane joke.

Still no panel. Seems like editing this one is a lot of work.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I have a long flight coming up and will need to kill a lot of time. What are some good Vita or 3DS games to keep me sane?

I already own for Vita: Danganronpa 1, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Tear Away, Breath of Fire 4, Dino Crisis, Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Mega Man X4, Wild Arms, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Everyday Shooter, Gravity Rush, Luftrausers, OlliOlli, Retro City Rampage, and Spelunky.

And 3DS: Animal Crossing, Super Mario 3D Land, Legend of Zelda: ALBW, Pokemon X + Y, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Prof Layton & the Miracle Mask, DK Country Returns, Tomadachi Life, Shovel Knight, Gunman Clive, Attack of the Friday Monsters, Zelda: Four Swords, Mario & DK Minis on the Move, Box Boy, Might Switch Force, OlliOlli, Pokemon Shuffle, Woah Dave!, Moon Chronicles, Pokemon Rumble World, and Steam World Dig.

I plan on getting Gunman Clive 2 for sure. I'm torn on possibly getting the MGS collection and/or Danganronpa 2 for Vita. I have zero interest in playing P4 Golden and other jrpgs.

popo

You might be right, I thought Modor was over rated, but you are drawing comparisons between two games of which you have played neither.

You could say the new Mad Max film looks a lot like Waterworld - so the two must be of similar quality :p

Sakwoff

I'm super tempted to pick up Puzzles and Dragons. Is it good for long stretches or better in small doses?

Mh.

The (RPG) meta game sure could lend itself to long sessions. Grinding up monsters and the like.

However, I find that the puzzle gameplay kind of doesn't, because it just gets tedious after a while. I personally can't play the game for hours on end. (love it though)

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
mgsv would be the perfect vinny mayhem playdate game

boy you guys weren't kidding, Big Boss is basically a silent protagonist in cut scenes

wouldnt be surprised if they have a very limited time to mocap keifer and this was the result. It would explain why he's all over the tapes but practically a mute in game.

but since i haven't finished the game there still might be a better excuse in there yet

This Mad Max quicklook has made me realise that there aren't enough suplexes in videogames.

mgsv would be the perfect vinny mayhem playdate game

Totally, as long as they get a few hours in before hand. I'll be surprised if it happens though considering that there's already going to be a whole lot of Phantom Pain on the site.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Mh.

The (RPG) meta game sure could lend itself to long sessions. Grinding up monsters and the like.

However, I find that the puzzle gameplay kind of doesn't, because it just gets tedious after a while. I personally can't play the game for hours on end. (love it though)

I figured so, that's why I'm on the fence about buying it for this trip. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom