• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

What do they do to people at Kotaku to make them write those articles. Is there some kind of tutorial for how to present something you saw on reddit

Bacon

"women live in fear of the white man"

2779612-patrick+klepek+on+twitter+++emily+is+the+worst+character+in+until+dawn.+she%E2%80%99s+engineered+for+you+to+hate+her.+i+took+pleasure+in+her+death.+http+++t.co+kxxkf1lvlv+.png

Lol, "you can't disagree with me". That's a solid argument, not sure why I haven't used that before, seems foolproof.

Zaph

There's no way Patrick didn't expect the heat he's getting over the Until Dawn article he just put up.

Laughing and joking about who you can't wait to see die is like half the fun of watching trashy horror with people. I think some people must just spend far too much time on twitter.

It was more that discussion specifically, seems like discussing that exchange can only end in tears.

Yeah, I brought it up from a clickbait angle. I mean, how do you not expect controversy over a piece where you relish in the death of a female character? That's probably just me being cynical though.

popo

Oh come on popo, is there really a need to bring that shit in here?

What? I don't take sides in this sort of discussion, if I do then I am on the pro-women side, but that poster is ridiculous. There is no discussion to have. I singled that exchange out as one that all sides could point and laugh at.

Yeah, I brought it up from a clickbait angle. I mean, how do you not expect controversy over a piece where you relish in the death of a female character? That's probably just me being cynical though.

Pat just likes trashy horror stuff. It causes him problems because it goes against his very liberal stance on just about everything else. If the game wasn't based around horror tropes then I am sure he would be decrying the depiction of violence against women.

Myggen

Oh yeah, for sure. It seems like he meant the piece as a play on people being drunk watching horror and screaming at the screen, but especially him being outspoken about the things he's outspoken about he should've (and probably did) expect some backlash on Twitter. To be fair I didn't see that much backlash, unless he got a lot of PMs.

Jintor

With watching the four (?) pax things GB did, it's dawning on me that they've become a variety show of sorts. They've always been inching closer to it, but they feel quite set on it now. Personally I don't watch quick looks anymore, and I imagine they're not their biggest draws anymore (though the podcast always was held the #1 spot). I suppose that coincides with me losing interest with gaming in general, but still. I dunno what this post is, just a personal reflection I suppose. Anyway, long live giant bomb and their crazy shenanigans.

how close are we to showing them reaction videos with their PIP in a corner whil-

WAIT

OH GOD

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have a weird love for Twitter accounts like that. They are all so samey, too. Always tens of thousands of tweets jumping from outrage to quirky-thing to outrage and back. Just a mindset I've been fascinated by.

Myggen

how close are we to showing them reaction videos with their PIP in a corner whil-

WAIT

OH GOD

I remember someone describing GB as almost a reality show at times, and that description has stuck with me as very accurate.

What? I don't take sides in this sort of discussion, if I do then I am on the pro-women side, but that poster is ridiculous. There is no discussion to have. I singled that exchange out as one that all sides could point and laugh at.

Fair enough.

37 minutes of VR conversation on this panel and pretty much all of it felt like them repeating things they've said 3 or 4 times now.

Someone tell me this panel gets better.

Zornack

Wait, what's wrong with enjoying the murdering of fictional women? Murder is a cornerstone of entertainment. Man, woman, both, neither; kill em' in a fun way and I'll pay to see it.

Wait, what's wrong with enjoying the murdering of fictional women? Murder is a cornerstone of entertainment. Man, woman, both, neither; kill em' in a fun way and I'll pay to see it.

social media is an arms race to see who can be the first to designate any piece of media "problematic"

meanwhile fucking donald trump somehow stands a legitimate chance of becoming president, but make sure you check your video game murder privilege

where we're going, we don't need to invent things to be offended by

yeah it's really shitty, not sure why they thought it would be cool to have idroid ping the MGO servers every time you try to access something.

just play offline...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean the beginning audio was bad but it seemed to have settled down after awhile.

I kinda like listening to them on the go.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sorry who is this Patrick person? I don't see him on giantbomb.com

:3

LiK

finally finished MPP5 and that ending was awesome. definitely the best MPP they had. the crowd made it awesome. Dan is right, they need a crowd for this lol

FStop7

Banned
Next time I call my mom I'm just going to ask 'do you live in fear of the white man' the minute she answers the phone.

Van Owen

Banned
Watching some of the PAX videos. Did they hair say Dan is having a baby? Is that some joke I missed or is his gf actually pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom