• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I was wondering when they'd start bringing bakalar into gbeast video content

popo

Is Backalar still annoying as fuck on his 404 podcast? I think he is a great guest on the beastcast but I remember really not caring for him during those two times Alex and Vinny guested on his show.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I really like that aspect of it too. It's great to see someone actually nail the beauty of sparseness in an artistic sense.

Also sad when they then go on to ruin it by trying to fill it with meaningless shit for the player to collect.

Megasoum

Banned
Having a brand new Beastcast downloaded on your phone when you forgot your headphones at the office the day before.... Theeee worsssttttt

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
HR: "Did you just call eveyone in this room a cunt?"

Megaosum: "Erm, wait no, I can explai...."

HR: "My office. NOW."

Kelas

How do I pet my puppy or can I not

Also how do I poop

with my horse I mean, how do I make my horse poop

I'm assuming I just haven't progressed far enough to invent horse pooping?

Also how do I poop

I think it's just a matter of how much you use the horse. I got it around 7-8% into the game after just using the horse to get to the main points of the mission.

Also how do I poop

Don't think you can pet the puppy, you can when he grows up. Pooping may have to do with your bond with the horse (I just did missions and at the end of one the game told me I'd unlocked pooping).

Wunder

Also how do I poop

I tried going prone to try and pet the puppy and I ended up smashing it across the face with my bionic arm.

i played through the first mission of MGSV yesterday.

Please tell me that there's a good reason why sprinting is clicking the left stick when playing as snake but X when using the horse.

Kelas

I think it's just a matter of how much you use the horse. I got it around 7-8% into the game after just using the horse to get to the main points of the mission.

Don't think you can pet the puppy, you can when he grows up. Pooping may have to do with your bond with the horse (I just did missions and at the end of one the game told me I'd unlocked pooping).

I see, thanks. I'm only like 5% in and haven't been using the horse as much as I probably should.

I tried going prone to try and pet the puppy and I ended up smashing it across the face with my bionic arm.

I thought I was having a real smart moment by thinking to throw a magazine for him to fetch, but all it does is distract him for a second.

I did something similar. I went down to pet him and I didn't realize one of the comrades was close by and the R2 prompt showed up and I pressed it mistaking it for a petting icon.

People on Mother Base like being assaulted WAY too much.

Myggen

Woo, Video Buddy is back again.

edit:

b92VCUR.png

Seems like a mistake, should be one or the other and it should be the same button in all circumstances.

Hopefully, they'll get it right with the next metal gear

I went for a while without realizing the horse could sprint. For a little bit at the beginning I didn't use the horse because I thought it was quicker to run. Finally I realized it was dumb to have a horse that didn't sprint and tried pressing buttons.

I went for a while without realizing the horse could sprint. For a little bit at the beginning I didn't use the horse because I thought it was quicker to run. Finally I realized it was dumb to have a horse that didn't sprint and tried pressing buttons.

yeah, during that first mission Ocelot kept telling me to stop being a chump and call my horse over. So i do just that, and then the damn thing is slower than I am!

It wasnt until the end of the mission where the shit hits the fan that I was like, okay there has to be a better way to do this.

It's still early but the ultimate sneaker in me never wants to ride the horse because it just feels like i'm waving a huge red flag, telling everyone to look at the horned man with weapons who is appearing out of nowhere and has been using his binoculars on that cliff for 10 minutes to scope the area out, no way that dude is a harmless gentleman

yeah, during that first mission Ocelot kept telling me to stop being a chump and call my horse over. So i do just that, and then the damn thing is slower than I am!

It wasnt until the end of the mission where the shit hits the fan that I was like, okay there has to be a better way to do this.

It's still early but the ultimate sneaker in me never wants to ride the horse because it just feels like i'm waving a huge red flag, telling everyone to look at the horned man with weapons who is appearing out of nowhere and has been using his binoculars on that cliff for 10 minutes to scope the area out, no way that dude is a harmless gentleman

Oddly I feel like I can sneak better on the horse by patrols on the road than I ever can on foot unless I'm far away. HORSE STEALTH!

Oddly I feel like I can sneak better on the horse by patrols on the road than I ever can on foot unless I'm far away. HORSE STEALTH!

horse stealth is so gamey though.

"Oh, look! that horse is all by itself! Here, in the land of the poor and forgotten, where resources are scarce and we are in the middle of a bloody war against the damned russians, there's a perfectly healthy horse just walking across the road."

"no, wait tom, that horse is different. It also appears to have the left leg of a man hanging out over it. I think we should check it out."

"nonsense, billy, and thanks to your stupid observation the horse got away from us. Now, let's go check out that checkpoint where all the smoke is coming from, next to the town where we haven't had any contact from in about half an hour. Cmon, we dont have all day!"

I just dont trust the game's logic to let me slide past the guards that way. Maybe it's just binary and i'm being extra cautious but i fear that i'll be discovered every time.

Numb

horse stealth is so gamey though.

"Oh, look! that horse is all by itself! Here, in the land of the poor and forgotten, where resources are scarce and we are in the middle of a bloody war against the damned russians, there's a perfectly healthy horse just walking across the road."

"no, wait tom, that horse is different. It also appears to have the left leg of a man hanging out over it. I think we should check it out."

"nonsense, billy, and thanks to your stupid observation the horse got away from us. Now, let's go check out that checkpoint where all the smoke is coming from, next to the town where we haven't had any contact from in about half an hour. Cmon, we dont have all day!"

I just dont trust the game's logic to let me slide past the guards that way. Maybe it's just binary and i'm being extra cautious but i fear that i'll be discovered ever time.

lmao when you put it that way.

Kelas

I've ridden through areas in stealth horse mode and definitely set off soldiers' awareness indicator thing. I've never stopped to see if they'll check the horse out but I assume they would if I stopped?

Am I the only person who when they start a game goes into the options and looks at the controls before I play any of it?

Usually I find that too confusing. Any decent game these days should be able to introduce its controls well. Being shown to something like this...

glahN7i.gif

...is too much to take in at one time.

Am I the only person who when they start a game goes into the options and looks at the controls before I play any of it?

The game spent what felt like an eternity showing me its controls during the prologue, i guess i just assumed it would be that forthcoming with the rest of the controls as i played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom