• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lijik

Does anyone whos been watching more mario maker know if theres some limitation with the pipes that would prevent you from faking a vertical level using them? I mean you could only have the height of two screens at a time, but it should be feasible right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I feel that I need to support King's Quest because it's doing so many things right.

But then I remember it's Activision so I feel pretty good about waiting til the first sale after all the episodes are out.

At this point, Activision is kind of one of the least terrible AAA publishers left. They achieved this amazing feat mostly by shutting up and letting everybody else do crazy things, but if you're grading on a curve they are passing.

Does anyone whos been watching more mario maker know if theres some limitation with the pipes that would prevent you from faking a vertical level using them? I mean you could only have the height of two screens at a time, but it should be feasible right?

It'd be easier to fake a vertical level by using copious amounts of SMB2 doors.

At this point, Activision is kind of one of the least terrible AAA publishers left. They achieved this amazing feat mostly by shutting up and letting everybody else do crazy things, but if you're grading on a curve they are passing.
My actual curve is I'm now no longer employed, going back to university and my days of chucking $100 at random Kickstarters are over. For about five years at least!

Then I imagine you got King's Quest for FREE!!!

(probably not!)

I might be able to get it, though it's a bit fuzzy since it's downloadable. I have to look into it. The issue for me, though, is that I just don't have the time with my INSANE backlog right now. I hate feeling like I have to go through every good game.

"Wario's costume can also be used by tapping the first "M" in the Super Mario Maker logo on the title screen, which turns it into a "W" "
thats such a good way to unlock wario

That's also a good way to fuck over adventurous streamers, because Wario is embargoed

"Wario's costume can also be used by tapping the first "M" in the Super Mario Maker logo on the title screen, which turns it into a "W" "
thats such a good way to unlock wario
Just reading that to me invokes the cutscene at the start of Super Mario Land 2 at how the M in Mario's castle turns to W when Wario takes over!

Yeah, a Wii U is kiiiiind of on my radar? I've played Splatoon and it doesn't really grab me. The game pad isn't a great controller for a shooter by any stretch of the imagination.

Mario maker though...could be cool. Depends how easy it is to download all the rad levels. I never touched the level editor in littlebigplanet either but I loved that game.

I might be able to get it, though it's a bit fuzzy since it's downloadable. I have to look into it. The issue for me, though, is that I just don't have the time with my INSANE backlog right now. I hate feeling like I have to go through every good game.
Yeah. My backlog is more of an infinitylog. To quote Iwata, "I feel like a chef cooking for a King who's full."

I am that King :(

Yeah, a Wii U is kiiiiind of on my radar? I've played Splatoon and it doesn't really grab me. The game pad isn't a great controller for a shooter by any stretch of the imagination.

Mario maker though...could be cool. Depends how easy it is to download all the rad levels. I never touched the level editor in littlebigplanet either but I loved that game.
I thought that. I was a stubborn non-motion controls guy for several days. But the motion controls are legit once you find the right sensitivity for you.

Wow, this church bells Kuribo's Shoe!

Giant Bomb #17 | PLEASE HELP ME, I'M DYING

Jintor

You say that but now I can't play any other console shooter without trying to gyro the controls

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I listened just today to a podcast from 2013where Jeff claims that Super Mario World is the greatest game ever made. Apparently he doesnt think that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom