• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe how perfect the timing on that DMX goomba is.
It's the little shake just before he pops out that makes it.
Why is Monokuma just a rip-off of Two-Face?

nooot even gonna honour that with a reply

nope

Let me improve your mood. The game is coming. It's bizarrely called "Rhythm Tengoku (temp.)" when referred to in investor documents. And that's post Japanese release. Why would they call it that? Other Japanese only games like Girls Mode 3 have the correct name. If I had to guess, it's getting rebranded from Rhythm Heaven because no one bought the last two games.

daydream

Banned
Let me improve your mood. The game is coming. It's bizarrely called "Rhythm Tengoku (temp.)" when referred to in investor documents. And that's post Japanese release. Why would they call it that? Other Japanese only games like Girls Mode 3 have the correct name. If I had to guess, it's getting rebranded from Rhythm Heaven because no one bought the last two games.

thanks, haha, but there's actually no doubt in my mind that it is coming. i'm thinking it'll be ready for spring '16, localisation in five languages takes time when you're recording all the songs and voices and whatnot (IF they go that route again)

meanwhile, you can lift the regionlock on all firmware versions and models of 3ds now so guess what i'm importing very soon

project diva is straight trash compared to tengoku, don't even joke about that, like wowowow. imprecise and mashy. if you want more ouendan/eba, get theatrhythm

also dragging luigi's name into the mud, for shame. luigi just wants that puyo puyo.
the puyo puyo minigame in project mirai, that is

jgminto

Rhythm Heaven has better art, better music, better rhythm variety and better mascot characters than that Vocaloid shit.

thanks, haha, but there's actually no doubt in my mind that it is coming. i'm thinking it'll be ready for spring '16, localisation in five languages takes time when you're recording all the songs and voices and whatnot (IF they go that route again)

meanwhile, you can lift the regionlock on all firmware versions and models of 3ds now so guess what i'm importing very soon

project diva is straight trash compared to tengoku, don't even joke about that, like wowowow. imprecise and mashy. if you want more ouendan/eba, get theatrhythm

also dragging luigi's name into the mud, for shame. luigi just wants that puyo puyo.
the puyo puyo minigame in project mirai, that is

I totally just imported a white new 3DS from Japan yesterday and did the region-free thing. It is a fucking crime that NA never got that thing. It is the perfect incarnation of the system. Superb build quality, great to hold, etc etc.

Also, Theatrhythm was my goty in 2012. You can check. Love that game. And Mirai Deluxe has a stylus mode that's very similar to Ouendan. There's even a demo for everyone to check out. Miku forever.

Forever.

daydream

Banned
I totally just imported a white new 3DS from Japan yesterday and did the region-free thing. It is a fucking crime that NA never got that thing. It is the perfect incarnation of the system. Superb build quality, great to hold, etc etc.

Also, Theatrhythm was my goty in 2012. You can check. Love that game. And Mirai Deluxe has a stylus mode that's very similar to Ouendan. There's even a demo for everyone to check out. Miku forever.

Forever.

i'm more partial to this orange tone, i would probably import one if they applied that to a n3ds xl (since it wouldn't come over in a million years)

did you play a lot of curtain call or did you burn out on the first one? i only played around 16h of vanilla theatrhythm so i dove deep into curtain call. such a great game, multiplayer and everything. i was actually pretty good at that, my win-loss ratio was pretty insane, as i remember. i already do it but i would honestly have even less qualms recommending curtain call next to the likes of rhythm tengoku, eba/ouendan, etc. if it wasn't for them bringing over ems pretty much unaltered. what a blunder that was.

anyway, i promise i will check out the mirai demo exactly once. not even to be cute, it's just limited to one play on the european eshop! talk about a limited demo!

I wish I would of bought Ground Zeroes when it was $5 on Steam. I want to play through it again but I don't want to play the console version again.
Where did you get that info from? I don't see it on the schedule, or Alex mentioning it on Twitter.

Fresh from Mixlr.

Megasoum

Banned
I keep rewatching the first part of DMX Goomba and it's still funny after 20 times...

I love how Drew fucking looses it in the control room haha

Megasoum

Banned
We need a video highlight of today's DMX Goomba so that I can send it to my friend along with the DMX Goomba origin video and finally push him over the edge to subscribe to the site.

santeesioux

Does anyone else have a PS4 with jet engine fans? I just installed the BO3 beta now that it's open and the fans were as loud as a jet engine in just the menus. I got it a little over a year and a half ago and it has always been loud (as loud as my old model 360) but it gets even worse in the summer. It better hold out until Persona 5 comes out...

i'm more partial to this orange tone, i would probably import one if they applied that to a n3ds xl (since it wouldn't come over in a million years)

did you play a lot of curtain call or did you burn out on the first one? i only played around 16h of vanilla theatrhythm so i dove deep into curtain call. such a great game, multiplayer and everything. i was actually pretty good at that, my win-loss ratio was pretty insane, as i remember. i already do it but i would honestly have even less qualms recommending curtain call next to the likes of rhythm tengoku, eba/ouendan, etc. if it wasn't for them bringing over ems pretty much unaltered. what a blunder that was.

anyway, i promise i will check out the mirai demo exactly once. not even to be cute, it's just limited to one play on the european eshop! talk about a limited demo!

It's weird. Curtain Call is clearly better than the original, but the structure of the first game kept me playing for way longer. But CC has Nier music, so that's the best. I just wish it had more.

Tubobutts

Does anyone else have a PS4 with jet engine fans? I just installed the BO3 beta now that it's open and the fans were as loud as a jet engine in jus the menus. I got it a little over a year and a half ago and it has always been loud (as loud as my old model 360) but it gets even worse in the summer. It better hold out until Persona 5 comes out...

Mine has been super loud when I play Witcher 3. And I'm sensitive to loud fans because I assume it means everything is breaking and so have been scared to play the Witcher.

Wow UPF is already up http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-08212015/2300-10628/

santeesioux

Mine has been super loud when I play Witcher 3. And I'm sensitive to loud fans because I assume it means everything is breaking and so have been scared to play the Witcher.

Yeah I assume the same thing, It makes me scared to play anything on it this time of year when it's really warm.

Myggen

Fresh from Mixlr.

Sweet.

We need a video highlight of today's DMX Goomba so that I can send it to my friend along with the DMX Goomba origin video and finally push him over the edge to subscribe to the site.

I'm sure someone will upload something to YT soon.

edit: Also, seems like some encoding errors is fucking with HD quality on UPF, so it has to be played and downloaded in High quality.

Cyros

I think the Metal Gear Scanlon series may have convinced me to buy MGS V. I've only ever played MGS3 and stoppd at The End.

fleck0

Watching Crusader Kings II and the whole NikeTown plot is a perfect example of what makes that game so fun. I hope this feature goes on for a gooood while

Bacon

I'm watching the 500 hour metal gear marathon on twitch right now. It's hilarious watching how good these guys are at the game coming right off of watching drew play, who is perhaps the worst metal gear player.

jgminto

I'm watching the 500 hour metal gear marathon on twitch right now. It's hilarious watching how good these guys are at the game coming right off of watching drew play, who is perhaps the worst metal gear player.

I think he's still better than DSP overall.

Man, I wish I had a Wii-U just for Super Mario Maker. Seriously. It looks like so much fun. Of course, I'd also end up getting Brawl, Kart, etc. to fill out my collection. Unfortunately with NX on the horizon I just can't justify buying another console, especially since Wii-U is being replaced soon. I really hoped they would drop the price at E3.

Also, imagine if the sequel to Super Mario Maker is Mario Party Maker. Huh!? Huh!?

I really hope Nintendo does a video where Shigeru Miyamoto picks out his favorite community levels from Mario Maker. I'm sure there's some things (like that mushrooms are bad level) that would really impress him due to their creativity.

I hope game of the year 2016 is presented entirely via Mario Maker,

Right now, I think Mario Maker has a great chance at being their GOTY pick. They all seem to be enamored with it. Only Rocket League comes close (I think Jeff likes it the least out of them). I really think Mario Maker and Rocket League have a good chance to be 1 and 2. It all depends on Just Cause 3, which they are all pumped for. If Mario Maker does win, it'll mark the first time I don't own the GB GOTY (as I don't own a Wii-U and probably won't).

Heads up! If you have a PS4, the Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta is open to all PS4 owners now, regardless if you pre-ordered the game or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom