• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Rocket League rematch should happen when they do GOTY stuff. I know it'll be busy but if they can spare like a day then they'll have the final rubber match on equal ground in terms of latency to determine the true kings of Rocket League. Or maybe if Rocket League wins a category they could use the rematch as one of their daily GOTY vids.

I would not have told you if it doesn't work.

That's pretty fantastic. I'll have to try that. Also, does anybody have the codes for any of Dan and Jeff's Mario Maker levels? I'm pretty sure I could get all their levels if I just had one of each since I could then follow them.

Heimbeck

Banned
it was literally me just being like 'oh god she's doing a weird boss thing, I bet this raises her health - OH GOD IT'S RAISING HER HEALTH I HAVE NO DARTS OH FUCK I BET I CAN CQC HER"

I also tried to be smart and call in a support chopper and the moment it arrived she shot it and it crashed DIRECTLY INTO ME

I called for fire support and it did a ton of damage to her.

killroy87

Oh wow, I just found out about the Just Cause 3 delay into January.

Now the GOTY list became a lot more cut and dry for MGSV to take home the gold.

Oh wow, I just found out about the Just Cause 3 delay into January.

Now the GOTY list became a lot more cut and dry for MGSV to take home the gold.

what's up with jan/feb suddenly being stacked for games I want to play

I mean that's okay, I'll probably be snowed in half the time, but

that tip about riding containers to MB to save on money has been really good to me lately. I need every penny right now so saving +20k per mission is pretty sweet.

I'm also finding that laying out all my capture cages at the start of missions to be worthwhile. You make a profit on those cages every single mission so it starts adding up after a while

Xater

that tip about riding containers to MB to save on money has been really good to me lately. I need every penny right now so saving +20k per mission is pretty sweet.

I'm also finding that laying out all my capture cages at the start of missions to be worthwhile. You make a profit on those cages every single mission so it starts adding up after a while

Yeah learning that was great. Also 20K is nothing. With my 5 star or higher gear it's easily in the 50k to 60k range... :(

haha I learned that way too late for it to be useful. but it does make getting S-ranks on replays a lot easier, watch me exfil like a pro

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Don't forget you can sell everything you've collected/fultoned for a substantial amount of gmp. If you've been collecting/fultoning a lot of stuff, you'll potentially have hundreds of thousands to millions of gmp to avail of. You should be able to tell which stuff you have an excessive amount of that you can safely sell.

popo

Just Cause always gets hyped, especially at GB. While I have had fun with it in the past, it never seems to live up to the hype. The story is always garbage - which isn't such a big deal - but for example, in JC2, I found the shooting bad.

Xater

Just Cause always gets hyped, especially at GB. While I have had fun with it in the past, it never seems to live up to the hype. The story is always garbage - which isn't such a big deal - but for example, in JC2, I found the shooting bad.

I found lots of things bad in JC2. The story sucked, I hated the main character and the missions design was super boring. Only the crazy stuff you can do was fun. So far I am not sure if I will like JC3, because for that I will need at least some decent mission design.

if you didn't play JC2 on pc with mods, you didn't get the full JC2 experience (which, amusingly, seems to be exactly what they've gone for with 3).

e: I got bored and went into Gaming. people asking for Secret of Mana remakes and writing essays about why a TLoU sequel is a bad idea

don't go into Gaming

Don't forget you can sell everything you've collected/fultoned for a substantial amount of gmp. If you've been collecting/fultoning a lot of stuff, you'll potentially have hundreds of thousands to millions of gmp to avail of. You should be able to tell which stuff you have an excessive amount of that you can safely sell.

yeah, since i'm not doing any FOB nonsense I've been selling off Mortars and Machine Guns and stuff whenever things are tight. Each of those really nets a decent profit, selling for nearly double what it costs to bring it in.

FluxWaveZ

But Jeff really didn't like Just Cause 2 when that came out, which you can hear him discuss in the 02-12-2013 Bombcast.

daydream

Banned
if you didn't play JC2 on pc with mods, you didn't get the full JC2 experience (which, amusingly, seems to be exactly what they've gone for with 3).

so, the mechanics were the same, the actual singleplayer stuff was still terrible but the explosions were a bit prettier?

game's still the same on pc

edit: ah you're probably referring to the multiplayer. guess i can count that though it seemed like a one-and-done kinda deal, no real longevity to it

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The part of Just Cause 2 where it tried to be a game was terrible. It's still one of the best open world games ever made, because fuck everything about mission structure and story in every(EVERY) open world game. Don't bother with it.

so, the mechanics were the same, the actual singleplayer stuff was still terrible but the explosions were a bit prettier?

edit: ah you're probably referring to the multiplayer. guess i can count that though it seemed like a one-and-done kinda deal, no real longevity to it

no, I'm talking about mods that gave you infinite ropes (with remote control contraction), mods that are basically the "pedestrian riot" code from GTA, mods that let you fly, god mode, infinite c4, etc

stuff that turned it into a complete shitshow of chaos, most of which is available in the stock JC3. it was amazing

The more popular Just Cause 2 mods aren't graphics mods. They are gameplay related, or what you'd expect from cheat codes.

Xater

no, I'm talking about mods that gave you infinite ropes (with remote control contraction), mods that are basically the "pedestrian riot" code from GTA, mods that let you fly, god mode, infinite c4, etc

stuff that turned it into a complete shitshow of chaos, most of which is available in the stock JC3. it was amazing

Just creating chaos never had any appeal to me. I have never even done that in GTA games. It bores me quite quickly.

Red UFO

GBE Playdate: Until Dawn - Part 03
PREMIUM LIVE SHOW ON SEP 16, 2015 01:00 PM EDT

sweet, exactly what i needed
dac15_fantastic.gif

popo

The part of Just Cause 2 where it tried to be a game was terrible. It's still one of the best open world games ever made, because fuck everything about mission structure and story in every(EVERY) open world game. Don't bother with it.

I dunno. I like it when you can break a game, Vinny style. When the open world encourages you to just fuck around and experiment I get bored easily.

But Jeff really didn't like Just Cause 2 when that came out, which you can hear him discuss in the 02-12-2013 Bombcast.

Interesting. He talks about it with reverence now. Maybe the PC version and the idea of that massive multiplayer mod brought him back in.

daydream

Banned

The more popular Just Cause 2 mods aren't graphics mods. They are gameplay related, or what you'd expect from cheat codes.

i guess it would be interesting to pinpoint when i lost interest in doing sandbox nonsense in gta and started being interested in actually playing the game. it's probably nearing ten years ago.

what i'm saying is - ditch just cause to the fucking curb and let's bring mercenaries back for realsies

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
my selfish wish is that they go back to Castlevania 3 because i cant watch these Until Dawn videos before I play the game myself.

I have the same wish but only because I have no interest in the Until Dawn playthrough.

I dunno. I like it when you can break a game, Vinny style. When the open world encourages you to just fuck around and experiment I get bored easily.

Interesting. He talks about it with reverence now. Maybe the PC version and the idea of that massive multiplayer mod brought him back in.

Maybe I'm being a crazy person, but I think I remember him relatively recently talking about how he never got in to Just Cause 2 even enough to figure out how to fly with the grapply/parachute combo. It's Just Cause 3 that has him excited more than a sequel to Just Cause 2.

mintyice

You know what sells for a ton of GMP? Flowers. You hardly need them and I bet you have thousands of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom