• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konami's been pushing really hard on MGSV though. Have seen as much MGSV commercials on TV as Destiny. Even MM has gotten a bunch of commercials, especially during RAW time.

Huh, I haven't seen a single MGSV commercial. Then again the only thing I watch on tv anymore is football. Plenty of Destiny commercials during games.

How many hours did it take you?

30-40 ish, it's hard to tell because I left it running. Weirdly enough I never got the
Paz storyline stuff.

A discussion about the MGSV story should only take like 2 minutes. There's jack shit there but a funny twist.

I think it does some really interesting things that the twist does a great job undercutting. It wasn't as bad as I was worried about but...yeah. What a weird game.

I think it does some really interesting things that the twist does a great job undercutting. It wasn't as bad as I was worried about but...yeah. What a weird game.

Weird is the best word to describe it but not the type of weird I would usually apply to Metal Gear. I do feel the opposite of you where I think the game is terribly uninteresting and the twist almost tries to make something out of the story but by then, it's too late. Divisiveness is cool with Metal Gear when people feel such extremities with the story but this doesn't feel the usual divide among the fanbase that a Metal Gear game brings. So yea, a weird game. Has disappointed me more than any game ever has.

tuxfool

Banned
Weird is the best word to describe it but not the type of weird I would usually apply to Metal Gear. I do feel the opposite of you where I think the game is terribly uninteresting and the twist almost tries to make something out of the story but by then, it's too late. Divisiveness is cool with Metal Gear when people feel such extremities with the story but this doesn't feel the usual divide among the fanbase that a Metal Gear game brings. So yea, a weird game. Has disappointed me more than any game ever has.

It inspires opinions ranging from "it's shit" to "meh". Those that think it is good seem to be very much in the minority.

Quentyn

I hope we get another Until Dawn stream before Vinny goes to LA. The first two were great, up there with the Contradiction streams they did. GB East is killing it right now.

jaina

Chances of a Wednesday show tomorrow?

Feels like they havent done one in a month.
They had planned to do one last week, but it didn't work out.
I think it depends on how many quick looks GBWest has left to record on Wednesday/Thursday. Because the traveling on Friday tightens their schedule.

AcridMeat

Banned
MGS5 is going to take me the rest of the year. I just did mission
18? The one with the child soldier prisoners.
and it took me almost 60 minutes exactly. I got an S which was awesome and unexpected, but god damn. It was nice hearing so much praise at the post mission screen from Miller, hadn't gotten that from any of my other S ranks.

MGS5 is going to take me the rest of the year. I just did mission
18? The one with the child soldier prisoners.
and it took me almost 60 minutes exactly. I got an S which was awesome and unexpected, but god damn. It was nice hearing so much praise at the post mission screen from Miller, hadn't gotten that from any of my other S ranks.

That gave me a few problems too. It was the first time I had to use a
Rocket Launcher
in the whole game - I had pretty much been running with a
tranq-pistol
and
tranq-sniper
up to that point. I think I am on Mission 26 now, but done a whole bunch of side-ops. 31% complete says the main screen. I will get to the end at some point

AcridMeat

Banned
I was just really meticulous and cleaned up everything in my path pretty much. I used the 2nd and 3rd of your spoilers to get through it. I must have extracted well over 50 things/people. haha

Glad I checked here, cause I'm literally about to do that mission. I'll take a
rocket
w/ me.

Edit: This really is an oil rig full of assholes.

hamchan

Since this is the Metal Gear OT I'll post my rambling here.

Having just started and finished MGS3 again today on Vita, I've come to realize that I really don't care for MGS cutscenes now. Actually, I spent my play through just then skipping every cutscene. I can't handle the long winded exposition anymore, I just can't. I loved it the first time in MGS1-3 but it really is such a drag on replays and I could barely handle it in MGS4. I think I even fell asleep watching MGS4.

So I'm pretty much in the series for the gameplay now. I really really loved playing every single numbered MGS game. I loved playing through MGS3 in 5 hours today. Despite the series being infamous for the story and cutscenes, I think it's always been understated how much of a great game designer Kojima has been this whole time. It can be hard to get a handle on the controls and some people (like Drew) can never understand it despite playing through the whole series but once you do it's so satisfying. MGSV has little cutscenes but I didn't care, it was just so good to play.

oti

Banned
Boy for someone who said he had an open mind Jeff sure seemed to take ANY opportunity to be snarky about Destiny. It got annoying after a while. I don't think he made a good faith effort at all. Probably would've been more enjoyable to watch if Brad had just played by himself.

No dude. Brad's an addict, we need another opinion on that matter. Everyone else at GB is down on Destiny as well but only Jeff has played a ton of it.

Brad is already practicing talking down Mario Maker on this week's bombcast.

SLAP'IM

justjim89

I think I'm at the point in MGSV where I have to
get rid of Quiet now. I have the Butterfly on my emblem and to trigger her story further I gotta get rid of it then I lose my favorite buddy
. I don't fucking wanna.

daydream

Banned
Regardless of how good or bad the content is, I don't think I can justify paying for Destiny expansions when I didn't feel like I got my money's worth with the base game. I also already have plenty of Mario Maker and Metal Gear left to play, so they couldn't have timed the release of this any worse for me.

much like how you couldn't have timed your game boy club stuff any worse, daydreaming

as daydreaming's manager, i wanna direct your attention to the fact that you got till end of october. how is that not enough time

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
It inspires opinions ranging from "it's shit" to "meh". Those that think it is good seem to be very much in the minority.

*raises hand* I love it (even the story) and especially the ending. It's brilliant.

get rid of Quiet now. I have the Butterfly on my emblem and to trigger her story further I gotta get rid of it then I lose my favorite buddy
. I don't fucking wanna.

back up your save so you can go back if you want to. I'm serious. MGS5 spoiler
I miss her so much :(

Jothel

Just did chapter
and I guess I got lucky because it wasn't too bad? Although the end bugged for me,
the kids refused to move any further about 120ish metres away so I had to knock them all out and take them to the chopper one by one
which was fun

Just did chapter
and I guess I got lucky because it wasn't too bad? Although the end bugged for me,
the kids refused to move any further about 120ish metres away so I had to knock them all out and take them to the chopper one by one
which was fun

Yeah, it was pretty easy.
Just those damn kids would not move. I tried to fulton them but Miller said I need to develop something that can fulton kids?

Xyber

. I don't fucking wanna.

If you are playing on PC it is fairly easy to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom