• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Otacon was the best in MGS1, then Kojima had to add that gross family shit in MGS2 and he was a major whiny bitch in MGS4. dude hardly developed across the series.

jaina

Wait. Combat is kind of a pain in the ass on the Vita.
That was my first reaction as well. But I now doubt that Gravity Rush HD will have fixed combat.
Best parts of the game are the music, the cutscene art and free-roaming through the world collecting gems.
I never got gud enough for Gravity Slide.

Haha, I just ordered Gamespot's youtube videos by accident from oldest to newest instead of the other way around. Thought for 5 seconds that a new Crash Bandicoot was announced :D

Otacon was the best in MGS1, then Kojima had to add that gross family shit in MGS2 and he was a major whiny bitch in MGS4. dude hardly developed across the series.

yet he's better developed than Huey, whose gimmick is that he keeps getting pushed down stairs all the time and looks like his son

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Huey's gimmick is
turning into the world's worst dick for absolutely no reason.

You try reporting to somebody who can make you disappear overnight while holding in the laughter every time he introduces himself as Hot Coldman.
You'd go evil too.

popo

I remember Ryan and Brad first talking about playing a version of the well over 4 years ago

To be fair it was one or two guys for the first few years.

I am not keen on Blow as a personality but you have to respect that, instead of taking a publishing deal, he self funded with all his Braid money and then some. Some big balls on that guy.

Last year it was supposed to be a Dan and Jason stream, but then the Royals went to the World Series for the first time in like decades, so he went home for that, and Lisa stepped in to help out Jason.

So I have little doubt that if nobody else in the office does a stream, Dan will.

Unless the Royals make it to the World Series again.

Dan owes the kids for last year. If we don't get at least 24 hours out of him then a pack of nurses with baseball bats is going to jump him outside of Taco Bell.

The Strikers should bring the kid in to the studio. At that age they will be up all night feeding and changing anyway. Might as well suffer for charity :)

LiK

i didn't read it cuz spoiler tagged. I'm only up to episode 24. but some asshat spoiled something major in the OT last night tho.

repeater

Good. Today Draftkings. Tomorrow fanduel.

then DotA
Only Meundies is safe

jaina said:
That was my first reaction as well. But I now doubt that Gravity Rush HD will have fixed combat.
Best parts of the game are the music, the cutscene art and free-roaming through the world collecting gems.
Unfortunately, what little we saw of the combat in the GR2 trailer looked almost identical to the combat in 1, so I'm a bit worried. If they only get that right, they'd be almost guaranteed to have a GREAT game, but if it's not improved since 1 it will be such a waste of the potential of that franchise.

Super happy they got the MGS spoiler cast in before Podfest. I just finished the game and reviewed it for my college entertainment magazine, and it was really hard not just going in on a tear about that ending and making it the most negative 9.5/10 review ever written.

Heimbeck

Banned
Also, speaking of Rocket League, do you want them to wait for GOTY time for the conclusion to the East vs. West battle. That way, they could all be in one location for one final battle.

I think since Jeff doesn't seem so interested they should replace him with Jason and do it again.

tchocky

Yikes. Rocket League is getting huge. Apparently there are talks of a toy line, a television series, and, yes, even a movie!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rocket-league-movie-tv-show-toy-line-under-conside/1100-6430645/

Also, speaking of Rocket League, do you want them to wait for GOTY time for the conclusion to the East vs. West battle. That way, they could all be in one location for one final battle.

I would like to see them do it in front of an audience at PAX but setting up 6 TVs plus screen for the crowd would probably make that unlikely.

daydream

Banned

Myggen

I just hope they've got time for a Bombcast with everyone present around GOTY time.

Anyways, looking forward to the live Bombcast and live Adventure Zone this weekend. 20 bucks well spent!

I think since Jeff doesn't seem so interested they should replace him with Jason and do it again.

I don't know if Jeff in uninterested, per se, but I think he was uninterested last time because of whatever it was that made him feel sick. He seemed more into it during the first stream.

rocket league anime pls

While I'm not a fan of anime, I think that would be a great genre for a Rocket League television show. I don't think a movie (live action or animated) would be good. Of competitive video games (sports, racing, etc.), I've always felt that MotorStorm could translate into a decent movie, especially if racers die during the races (falling off cliffs, being run over, exploding, etc.). You could then add in the drama of the main character risking everything to compete.

Bacon

I like how Giantbomb is listed as "The Giant Bomb" on the LA podfest website schedule.

bOIysYf.png

Scizzy

I just hope they've got time for a Bombcast with everyone present around GOTY time.

It would be really cool if they mixed and matched a couple casts. Like a Brad/Dan/Austin/Vinny Bombcast and a Vinny/Jeff/Alex/Drew Beastcast. Vinny of course pulling double duty because you can never have too much Vinny.

Curufinwe

Haha, I just ordered Gamespot's youtube videos by accident from oldest to newest instead of the other way around. Thought for 5 seconds that a new Crash Bandicoot was announced :D

Just being able to use a real controller will help the combat.

Heimbeck

Banned
I don't know if Jeff in uninterested, per se, but I think he was uninterested last time because of whatever it was that made him feel sick. He seemed more into it during the first stream.

Jeff said on a bombcast that he was okay with playing Rocket League one more time for a stream but does not want to play it outside of that.
Jason is maybe the biggest fan of the game on the site, so I would prefer he did it over Jeff.

In case anyone else was wondering, the $25 Podfest stream is going to include video archives for a month after the actual show. I'm not going to be around on Saturday to watch it live probably, but I'm definitely going to buy a pass to catch up on it the next day.

Also be sure to use the code BOMB!

Yeeeah I don't think I'm going to do the Podfest thing. Maybe if they weren't putting it in the regular feed in a month. $25 is just too much for a timed exclusive Bombcast and Adventure Zone.

justjim89

Did Nikki Glaser's pilot featuring Dan's story as mentioned on Danswers ever go up anywhere? I see the show got picked up for next year, but I'm curious as to what exactly was too-hot-for-Danswers.

Yeeeah I don't think I'm going to do the Podfest thing. Maybe if they weren't putting it in the regular feed in a month. $25 is just too much for a timed exclusive Bombcast and Adventure Zone.

That live/video Adventure Zone is almost worth the price of admission for me, I'm reeealy close to getting a pass just cause I don't want to miss that.

FStop7

Banned
I like how Giantbomb is listed as "The Giant Bomb" on the LA podfest website schedule.

bOIysYf.png

Leaked news of site re-launch and re-branding. Artisan crafted, GMO free video games. New script font. All photos set against backdrops of reclaimed wood under natural lighting. Film only, no digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom