• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda bummed on this whole Podcast fest thing. having it locked behind a timed paywall seems stupid and also makes it another one of the "Oh we don't have anything this week because we are planning this trip" and "Oh we don't have anything this week because we just got back from this trip and need to get back into the swing of things"

As for me, I have no desire to throw $20 to hear the bombcast a month earlier than normal and if I cared for any other podcasts, I'd just drive to LA since I live in Orange County anyways. I understand it's good promotion and exposure for them but still, just kinda a bummer.

Except it's probably not going to have any impact on the site because we still got a play date and UPF and we are also getting an MGSV spoiler cast tomorrow.

all of that and we know that they have a few MGScanV in the can too. So if anything, they've learned from before and content droughts seem to be a thing of the past.

I hope so. More than anything else, I hope they get a ton of new subscribers. I can't even remember what I did with some of my free time before I knew about Giant Bomb

I'm kinda bummed on this whole Podcast fest thing. having it locked behind a timed paywall seems stupid and also makes it another one of the "Oh we don't have anything this week because we are planning this trip" and "Oh we don't have anything this week because we just got back from this trip and need to get back into the swing of things"

I think it's nice they get an excuse to bring Vinny onto a Bombcast

szlifier

Neo Member
not sure when it started, but qlcrew has a best videos feature now: http://qlcrew.com/?best

seem like good selections to me

Yeah, looks like letting people build that list worked out and I decided to do more stuff like this.

Users can now tag what they think was funny/important in a video using the + Add Timestamps link below the video. I hope it's easy to use. It's actually much better than what I've been using on the back-end.

I also brought back the video player with a playlist functionality and it uses the GB video player, for better or worse.
You can take results of any filtering or search done on QLCrew to it through the Play all link in the top-right corner.
It's ugly, but get's the job done.

All of that uses the new video API that GB engineers are making for folks like me, who like to process their content. It's still in the works and the biggest flaw right now is the lack of Firefox support.

A couple of playlists as a bonus:
GBE Playdate: Until Dawn
Metal Gear Scanlon
Flight Club (doesn't include live show segments, yet)

Myggen

Yeah, looks like letting people build that list worked out and I decided to do more stuff like this.

Users can now tag what they think was funny/important in a video using the + Add Timestamps link below the video. I hope it's easy to use. It's actually much better than what I've been using on the back-end.

I also brought back the video player with a playlist functionality and it uses the GB video player, for better or worse.
You can take results of any filtering or search done on QLCrew to it through the Play all link in the top-right corner.

All of that uses the new video API that GB engineers are making for folks like me, who like to process their content. It's still in the works and the biggest flaw right now is the lack of Firefox support.

Metal Gear Scanlon

You're doing great work! Good to see that the GB engineers are keeping people like you in the loop on the API changes.

loki 16

I'm just catching up with the Until Dawn playdates and Alex is a savage. He doesn't even flinch when crazy things are happening.

As for me, I have no desire to throw $20 to hear the bombcast a month earlier than normal and if I cared for any other podcasts, I'd just drive to LA since I live in Orange County anyways. I understand it's good promotion and exposure for them but still, just kinda a bummer.

Realize it's probably not on their terms that there's a delay in putting it up.

oti

Banned
I'm just catching up with the Until Dawn playdates and Alex is a savage. He doesn't even flinch when crazy things are happening.

I love how Alex is this really tough wrestling death black metal (or whatever) dude but at the same time he really loves cute stuff and is afraid of jump scares.

Metal Gear Scanlon

That's awesome. Even though I plan to watch all the content one day, have a "best" feature is super cool. Great work!

Anticol

Banned
I am almost done with Until Dawn, but seriously I don't like how Austin influences Alex's choices. He would've done a better job without his advices.

Anyway great little series, hopefully they continue doing them.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yay! Surprise Thursday show. I'm still trying to catch up from being AFK for a week. They put out so much content it's hard to stay up to date.

Myggen

So, I've never really listened to the Giant Bombcast before...

...but is Dan Ryckert actually the best human being who has ever lived?

LinearSinfulBellfrog.gif

Yes.

IaN_GAF

I need to finish Metal Gear so I can stop having small "no spoilers for the love of the Boss!" heart attacks every time the crew brings it up...

Also, I want to hear the spoilercast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom