• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it, I thought Brad was going to play a good game then.

423pnaO.gif

Tagyhag

I love MGSV, but there are so many interesting games out and they're just wasting good UPF time to show them.

How very unprofessional.

Jintor

So, I've never really listened to the Giant Bombcast before...

...but is Dan Ryckert actually the best human being who has ever lived?

If there was a giant red button next to a sign that said "this button will end the world", Dan would press the button and express surprise when it ended the world.

Is this Brads official save for MGSV? Slight MGSV Mission numbering Spoiler
He hasn't unlocked the last few missions from the looks of his mission list, his ends at 41 and the final mission is 46.

You shouldn't get fultons in Subsistence missions, they should bring back the tactical challenge of hiding bodies like in GZ and all the other MGs.

Also, Dan is right for once, the Riot SMG is the shit.

Joeku

Funny isn't it how what is deemed the "cool"/tough missions in MGSV ignore the metagame. Almost like that metagame is mostly there to give you the feeling of self-made progression in lieu of directed moments and the game is far more tense when you actually have to gather weapons on-site to accomplish objectives. I don't suppose any other games in the series were at all like that, were they? Hmm...

I'm so torn between the aspects of this game I love and loathe.

You shouldn't get fultons in Subsistence missions, they should bring back the tactical challenge of hiding bodies like in GZ and all the other MGs.

Also, Dan is right for once, the Riot SMG is the shit.

If MGSV had an open world as is that spoked off into separate, more elaborate Ground Zeroes-like areas for big story missions I would have almost no issues with the way the game plays. Like, holy shit.

tesqui

Although I knew about
going to Africa way
before getting the game, It'd still be pretty fucking cool thing to be surprised about.

They recorded a podcast for Disney Infinity? Bizarre. Can't wait to hear it though.

Check this out: The best modern Tron game is the Grid world from Kingdom Hearts 2.

Lijik

The PC version of Tron Evolution has a glitch where if you press Insert (i think) anytime youre in a tank, you get free control of the camera can fly around the Tron buildings which is kind of cool

Joeku

Oh man, the intentional audio glitches in the dialogue give me PTSD about my video drivers crashing. My heart is racing.

I can confirm what Daydream says about minus images not showing up.

I agree with Rorie that Pacific Rim was not a good movie. Godzilla was not great either, though.

Funny isn't it how what is deemed the "cool"/tough missions in MGSV ignore the metagame. Almost like that metagame is mostly there to give you the feeling of self-made progression in lieu of directed moments and the game is far more tense when you actually have to gather weapons on-site to accomplish objectives. I don't suppose any other games in the series were at all like that, were they? Hmm...

Not really when you think about how much more strict and adaptive the AI is in response to your actions, it balances itself out. AI before MGSV were borderline laughable in the normal difficulties where here they're actually much more competent.

And you also can't carry a billion weapons, so you can't be ready for every situation like previous metal gears, making it much more tense when you're stuck with sneaking equipment when tanks/copters start rolling in and some dudes are geared with riot suits

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can confirm what Daydream says about minus images not showing up.

I agree with Rorie that Pacific Rim was not a good movie. Godzilla was not great either, though.

Godzilla did have that brilliant marketing tactic of "Fuck it, let's pretend this is a Bryan Cranston movie while Breaking Bad is still fresh in everybody's mind" so you've got to give it some credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom