• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Not really when you think about how much more strict and adaptive the AI is in response to your actions, it balances itself out. AI before MGSV were borderline laughable in the normal difficulties where here they're actually much more competent.

And you also can't carry a billion weapons, so you can't be ready for every situation like previous metal gears, making it much more tense when you're stuck with sneaking equipment when tanks/copters start rolling in.

It's not really the AI I have a problem with; moreso the setting they're put in. They seem mostly competent aside from some weird psychic stuff that happens occasionally. I just found cold efficiency too effective in MGSV to encourage the more sandbox-y play in that environment.

I have four teams regularly keeping helmets, shields, and armour away from the enemy. Thus it's a tranqfest. Even when I'm not keeping up with the enemy's materiel or the enemy is otherwise armoured (like the armoured unit side missions) the AI is just too abusable to make individual encounters work within this open world.

Godzilla did have that brilliant marketing tactic of "Fuck it, let's pretend this is a Bryan Cranston movie while Breaking Bad is still fresh in everybody's mind" so you've got to give it some credit for that.

That is absolutely true. I loved that. And then you realize you're left with what's-his-face for the rest of the movie.

It's not really the AI I have a problem with; moreso the setting they're put in. They seem mostly competent aside from some weird psychic stuff that happens occasionally. I just found cold efficiency too effective in MGSV to encourage the more sandbox-y play.

I have four teams regularly keeping helmets, shields, and armour away from the enemy. Thus it's a tranqfest. Even when I'm not keeping up with the enemy's materiel or the enemy is otherwise armoured (like the armoured unit side missions) the AI is just too abusable to make individual encounters work within this open world.

I can agree that it being a tranqfest is a legit complaint, but you can't deny that Metal Gear has always been a tranqfest (where it was at its worst especially in 3 and 4) and the AI have always been really abusable since the days of MGS1. At least some kind progress was made on the tranq being less broken by having limited suppressor/ammo.

Its also why I usually don't do those helmet/riot suits/body armor deployments since I can try new things instead of tranqing my way through the game.

Z1TJJbY.jpg

Yeah they should probably do a Film & 40s for this.

Lijik

i was actually going to try and pop into jeffs game but turns out i dont have this installed anymore so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Joeku

I can agree that it being a tranqfest is a legit complaint, but you can't deny that Metal Gear has always been a tranqfest (where it was at its worst especially in 3 and 4) and the AI have always been really abusable since the days of MGS1. At least some kind progress was made on the tranq being less broken by having limited suppressor/ammo.

Its also why I usually don't do those helmet/riot suits/body armor deployments since I can try new things instead of tranqing my way through the game.

4, yes. Buying things from the pause menu made scrounging effectively meaningless. I never played it on the hardest difficulty, though, so that might have been corrected there? Not sure.

3, though, I cannot agree at all. Unlike 4 or 5 I never felt like I had ammo and suppressors a few buttons and seconds away, so I genuinely tried to come up with creative methods to get past encounters.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I cannot peel my eyes from this fucking game Dan's playing.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member
the sega cd's kinda underrated, you guys

Yuuuup. So glad I talked my parents into buying one back in the day. I still hook it back up to do a Snatcher playthrough every couple of years. I will never sell that disc no matter how high the going eBay rate gets.

On the flip side, I regret and feel guilty about talking them into buying a 32X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom