• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really can be. Like, the area probably has a huge influence, but when I used it I only ever saw extremely weird things because internet.

i feel like you're only really safe in cities like SF or NY just by sheer numbers

i mean really you're rolling the dice when it comes to free dating sites.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was surprised when Dan and Danny were talking so positively about OK Cupid. Is it really that bad?
They're in one of if not the best area for OKC. I don't have a problem with it. I've seen and experienced some weird, but it's vastly outweighed by what you'd call regular people.
It really can be. Like, the area probably has a huge influence, but when I used it I only ever saw extremely weird things because internet.
I'd love to hear some of the horror stories from smaller places.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've never had bad experiences with OK Cupid, when I was living in a small city or when I first moved here. I've had not particularly good experiences obviously. But I mean... maybe you should ask yourself what about you is causing OK Cupid to match you with insane people.

When people say weird experiences with OkCupid, what're some examples?

I'd love to hear some of the horror stories from smaller places.

Here are some fun stories. Grain of salt warning of course.

When I used it, I never really got anywhere near actual dating, just messages. Most of the time it was just super normal, but it was also the first and only time I've ever been asked "do you have your red wings yet?"

It's really more the overall experience. You kind of realize how silly online dating is through this method, assuming that math and answering random questions can match you up with someone.

this animal crossing quick look

"Oh, also, here's another little thing: Teacher sits on a toilet there."

"Oh."

"That's school!"

When I used it, I never really got anywhere near actual dating, just messages. Most of the time it was just super normal, but it was also the first and only time I've ever been asked "do you have your red wings yet?"

well don't keep us in the dark

Strange question and I'm totally not a stalker, but does anybody know Alex Navarro's gamertag? I know he's playing Forza and wanted to beat his times.  

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're going ot make an Animal Crossing spinoff then just make a Tom Nook management sim which combines Papers Please, Microsoft Excel, and interactive torture scenes

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Piston does in fact speak for everyone here.

Also I think Dan's random appearances in this thread really makes it fun.

The randomness is exciting, but there's something to be said about the reliability of Brad's appearances after somebody overreacts to something he did or said.

hamchan

I like the feeling that the guys are reading this thread. Now I can ask the questions like:

When are Dan and Drew going to do more Demo Derby?

The randomness is exciting, but there's something to be said about the reliability of Brad's appearances after somebody overreacts to something he did or said.

and that something is "man, brad seems to only respond when people are talking about him"

don't you dare respond to this and fall into my trap, brad

Flandy

so where the hell does the name MonsterDunk come from

it's dope as hell, but it only really reminds me of this cancelled N64 game:

monster-dunk-mindscape-nintendo-64.jpg

What is Panic?

solid gold, babby

they played it on UPF last week

I was surprised when Dan and Danny were talking so positively about OK Cupid. Is it really that bad?
I think it's more that a lot of people aren't used to talking to random people so they don't realize that the average person is either crazy, terribly racist/sexist/etc, or full of really weird quirks(or a combination)

I am consistently surprised by how fucked up the average person is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom