• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's not dearly-departed TOGS.

I enjoy(ed) the Old Games Show, but I think I prefer the angle of Demo Derby, where they get a smattering of games sight-unseen as well as a bunch of dated video content. Demo discs are a better window into what gaming at the time was like than individual games are. You avoid the issue of certain games running long and also get to see games that, for better or for worse, they would've never picked for TOGS.

and we also get the best members of giant bomb on every video

zoozilla

That Animal Crossing QL is great.

The game looks like....nothing. If Dan had a problem with $40 for Captain Toad, I don't think this game will fare well (though I'm not sure if it will be reviewed).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
TNT was actually a great feature when they played old shit.

If they did it now it'd just be fibbage tho
zWVbK.gif

Zebetite

Banned
the nicest things i can say about happy home designer are that it made for a good QL and it kinda gave me a weird itch to start a new town in new leaf and try make more headway into attaining a true animal crossing experience

the nicest things i can say about happy home designer are that it made for a good QL and it kinda gave me a weird itch to start a new town in new leaf and try make more headway into attaining a true animal crossing experience

It seems like it makes good changes in regards to the home design systems, but I'd want that in a normal AC game, not a game solely about building houses.

I feel like the thing with AC is that unless you're a very specific kind of person, that game is best played for, at most, a 30-60 minutes a day. So you kind of have to have something else going on in your life to make the most of it.

BearPawB

Banned
I was surprised when Dan and Danny were talking so positively about OK Cupid. Is it really that bad?

I met my fiancee on ok cupid and we are getting married in October!

I found paid datings sites to be WAY WAY WORSE.

Less response rate, less interaction, less everything.
You would think people would be more serious about finding someone on a paid site. But I found it much easier to get people to respond to me on OK Cupid

Alfredo

Dude...this new Animal Crossing was absolutely made for ME.

I get my kicks in Animal Crossing by subverting the lighthearted, happy tone by creating the weirdest, darkest towns filled with murder and conspiracy. And it looks like I'll be able to do just that with the homes in this game, and I absolutely look forward to making meth labs and serial killer lairs and having the animals become ecstatic over it.

Man I want to like Patrick's playthrough of Soma, but if the first episode is to go by he just plays everything so slow and is dead silent 90% of the time. He barely voices his thoughts about what's going on at all. And I get that maybe there's some absorption of the moment going on, but it's so painfully boring when he's staring at the objective for ten minutes and doesn't do anything. Hopefully things pick up in subsequent episodes.

He did so much better at GB. I know he's capable of interesting commentary.

Man I want to like Patrick's playthrough of Soma, but if the first episode is to go by he just plays everything so slow and is dead silent 90% of the time. He barely voices his thoughts about what's going on at all. And I get that maybe there's some absorption of the moment going on, but it's so painfully boring when he's staring at the objective for ten minutes and doesn't do anything. Hopefully things pick up in subsequent episodes.

If he spoke more it'd be a Quick Look (or perhaps a Spookin' with Scoops) and CBSi would have to take action against him. Patrick knows his legal loopholes well.
/s
I enjoy(ed) the Old Games Show, but I think I prefer the angle of Demo Derby, where they get a smattering of games sight-unseen as well as a bunch of dated video content. Demo discs are a better window into what gaming at the time was like than individual games are. You avoid the issue of certain games running long and also get to see games that, for better or for worse, they would've never picked for TOGS.

and we also get the best members of giant bomb on every video
Demo Derby's games aren't retro enough to be cool. They're just edgyXtreem2damax, which isn't very cool at all.

If he spoke more it'd be a Quick Look (or perhaps a Spookin' with Scoops) and CBSi would have to take action against him. Patrick knows his legal loopholes well.

Demo Derby's games aren't retro enough to be cool. They're just edgyXtreem2damax, which isn't very cool at all.

He should fear the wrath of Pewdiepie now instead of GB, he's on his turf now.

It's still Spookin with Scoops.

Also CBSi doesn't own commentary over video. So I don't buy that as a reason. No, I totally think since this is supposedly while he was reviewing the game, he's genuinely taking things in. It just makes for a bad video.

hamchan

My feelings too and I think it's holding back his channel from becoming more popular.

AcridMeat

Banned
Neon Indian are still pretty good, if anyone listens to them. Just saw them live, he had a great supporting band.
Here are some fun stories. Grain of salt warning of course.

When I used it, I never really got anywhere near actual dating, just messages. Most of the time it was just super normal, but it was also the first and only time I've ever been asked "do you have your red wings yet?"

It's really more the overall experience. You kind of realize how silly online dating is through this method, assuming that math and answering random questions can match you up with someone.
I've seen that subreddit, I was hoping for some GB GAF duder stories. I'm not sure you could entirely judge a dating site without having met a couple people on it. Some of the questions on the site are hilarious and ridiculous, glad they have a skip feature.
More Panic!

By the way I challenge you to Puzzle Fighter 2 HD Turbo at Folsom St. Foundry. Let's
drinks

justjim89

SOMA is real good, hopefully we get a QL for it, maybe out of GBEast. I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable than Amnesia, though Amnesia was scarier. But towards the end it just turned into a bad adventure game and I could never finish it.

Jothel

I just bought Far Cry 4, even though I'm far from finishing MGSV and have dragon age to play through. Also a shit load of other games are coming out.
I might be an idiot

convo

His taste in comedy is a lot better than his taste in games.

His own integrity and knowledge of games balances it out for me. He has a much more professional stance in the face of the emotionally loaded MGSV discussion on the internet. He generally is a bigger pro at his job than any gaming podcast or show i listen to.
His experience in this industry trumps a majority of 'internet-personalities' out there for me so his opinion still holds some regard even if i have a different one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Funny. The things I want out of animal crossing is the compete opposite to what Dan wants. Which should make happy home designer everything I want out of animal crossing. Still, I need some challenge. It seems to have even less management and ruleset to the design than style savvy.

SOMA is real good, hopefully we get a QL for it, maybe out of GBEast. I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable than Amnesia, though Amnesia was scarier. But towards the end it just turned into a bad adventure game and I could never finish it.
I played an hour or so yesterday but I came away really impressed. The atmosphere is incredible but the narrative has also been really interesting so far.

Really looking forward to Dan's Super Mario Maker stream. I've been watching a lot of that game lately. It is something special. I don't think I've ever been so tempted to buy a WiiU.

I found paid datings sites to be WAY WAY WORSE.

I got like a month's pass to one of the paid sites, can't remember which, a number of years ago, and within the first few days I got messages from women who were opening conversations asking about dating with the intent to marry, asking about having kids with them, asking about living a life in the image of jesus, just weird shit to ask strangers

changed the email, bailed the fuck out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom