• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care for 2D Mario nor games involving user creation but I kinda want this game...I could get this game...I should probably get this game.

daydream

Banned
this was really fun, they were all into it, good interaction with the chat, five outta five, would watch again

POLICE STATE

I love Mario Maker, but it's more of a game I play in very short bursts and is something I feel like I can come back to anytime, whereas I'm obsessed with finishing MGSV at the moment so that I can avoid spoilers and because it's extremely fun to play. They're definitely my top 2 games of the year so far, though.

FStop7

Banned
Jeff having fun and in a good mood is a top 10 thing ever. Mario maker brings out the best of the site.

Can't wait to see it argued off of the top 10 games of the year

Revised DotA 2 and Destiny TKK will be on there for sure

In fact, Destiny TKK might even deserve to be on there from what I've seen so far :O

oti

Banned
this was really fun, they were all into it, good interaction with the chat, five outta five, would watch again

POLICE STATE

Only person missing was Brad most likely conspiring to get Destiny on the Top 10 list and trying to prevent Mario Maker getting GOTY.

war has changed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It will be on the top 10

but it will be lower on the list than Taken King, "It's a great game but there's no storyline. It's really more of a great tool than anything else. Where as The Taken King combines both those things." Brad will say.

Ohnonono

In fact, Destiny TKK might even deserve to be on there from what I've seen so far :O
TKK is an expansion, I am sure it will be on but that will be a hard sell. Mario Maker is some special stuff. My 7 year old has as much fun as they are but in a completely different way. Also MGSV is my current guess for GOTY.

oti

Banned
It will be on the top 10

but it will be lower on the list than Taken King, "It's a great game but there's no storyline. It's really more of a great tool than anything else. Where as The Taken King combines both those things." Brad will say.

"The Taken King is better than Mario I played more Destiny than all of you combined so I'm the only one who can judge that."

"Yes, it's another one of those games. It's like, the 15th Mario game? The Taken King is still new is all I'm trying to say."

"I payed like 500 bucks on Dota items just this year. No other game has achieved that."

- Brad, the most terrible person in the universe

TKK perhaps but no way in hell Dota is getting on there. Brad is the only person who plays it and there have been a lot of good games this year. Even with the "it was a big patch!" argument it's still a 2 year old game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TKK perhaps but no way in hell Dota is getting on there. Brad is the only person who plays it and there have been a lot of good games this year. Even with the "it was a big patch!" argument it's still a 2 year old game.

I thought we all learnt to never bet against brad.

Lijik

I wonder if Brad will use his "its only a two button game, I mean it might as well be Bubsy" argument he always brings against platformers

I don't get why Jeff was so stoked about shaking the bowser sound effect.

Is it just that there were more music tracks available to the player that he wasn't aware of?

Between Scoop's and GB's coverage of Mario Maker I feel like that's enough to keep me satisfied.

I think I'm getting the same satisfaction as actually getting a WiiU/game and playing it.

Been really good.

That was a great stream, hopefully they do decide to do another. It's also convinced me to actually get back to playing some Mario Maker.

Is it just that there were more music tracks available to the player that he wasn't aware of?
Yep.

daydream

Banned

they were wondering on the podcast how you got the bonus game music as sound effect

so yeah, they didn't know you could shake the sfx to get different ones

I'm halfway through this

Doesn't this need to be beaten by the creator to get online?

Because fuuuuuccckkkk

Also I suppose I missed that tidbit on the podcast about the bonus music. Thanks dudes

hamchan

TKK is an expansion, I am sure it will be on but that will be a hard sell. Mario Maker is some special stuff. My 7 year old has as much fun as they are but in a completely different way. Also MGSV is my current guess for GOTY.

Didn't Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls get excluded from the top 10 because it was an expansion? I feel TTK will receive the same fate, even if Brad really wants it on the list.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I missed the whole Mario Maker stream, I also apparently misunderstood what the Mario Maker stream was going to be. You people are all monsters. Particularly the one who suggested the lakitu throwing a flying chain chomp.

KQP7zRn.gif

That's you. A real monster.

FStop7

Banned
Didn't Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls get excluded from the top 10 because it was an expansion? I feel TTK will receive the same fate, even if Brad really wants it on the list.

"well then Mario Maker can't be on the list either because those are all old games"

I can hear it now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom