• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll actually take suggestions about not reading chat or if having a live chat is such a... "important" thing for streamers that there's no way for them to avoid it.

Regardless, Austin shouldn't tell anyone what to do unless they're obviously stuck.

I completely agree. It's sad because I really think Witcher 3 is a substantially better gamein every way, but everyone is so in love with Kojima it doesn't matter if he put the most reprehensible things in MSG5, they already said MGS5 is "miles away the best game this year/ever made"

The fact that they have barely touched Witcher since it came out in May, but all of them had no issue spending 80+ hours in less than 20 days says it all. MGS5 is the GOTY for GB.

Again, I'm not saying MGS is a bad game, but I think it's a very fun game for a bit, but the world is bland and boring, the story is barely there (if you can call it a story at all) and the best part of the game is the metagame and ballooning things away. So a few fun mechanics beat out anything. Witcher 3 has better storytelling, voice acting, quests, environments and everything else, but it wasn't made by Kojima so it automatically looses.
I do much prefer the Witcher 3 having spent a crap ton of time on both games but come on, they would have spent the time on Witcher if they liked it that.

Also, bringing up that comparison will lead to conversations that make both games come off like the 2 worst games ever made. I can easily say MGSV is the most disappointing game I've ever played but it's obviously good and so is Witcher despite some of the responses you've already gotten saying it's terrible.

I wonder if they'll actually take suggestions about not reading chat or if having a live chat is such a... "important" thing for streamers that there's no way for them to avoid it.

Regardless, Austin shouldn't tell anyone what to do unless they're obviously stuck.

Yeah I don't think its "important" if there's any issues with the stream and there's no way for them to know about it since they're not reading chat.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Kamek's projectile turns things into enemies or power-ups. This includes the blocks Dan used to block the exit of the level.

I just hung around and waited for there to be a big enough hole to reach the exit in.

EDIT: Also, does anyone have a link to the stream so I can watch the making of this damn thing?

The archived livestream link should be working in the OP, I don't have it readily available on my phone but that's where I watched it.

well, i didn't mean to imply that it wasn't intentional but i didn't know that it could be retrieved, cool!

I've seen a lot of people saying it's a bug, and I just don't want people discouraged from trying it out thinking it's an exploit.

Thanks

EDIT: Anyone having audio issues with the site, recently? I've had crackling audio in the first episode of MGSV, and there's some going on at the start of this stream.

EDIT: Anyone having audio issues with the site, recently? I've had crackling audio in the first episode of MGSV, and there's some going on at the start of this stream.

In the comments of the first MGSV video they warn there's some audio issues and it happened on this weeks bombcast too. I think its them switching to new mics/setups?

Morts

I'm watching Drew fight Raging Raven right now and it's the most frustrating thing not being able to tell them what to do.

danm999

I reckon in the GOTY deliberations Jeff will be more of a presence this year because it sounds like there are games he actually wants to fight for, unlike 2013 and 2014 where he had less he felt strongly about and said he could only easily fill out the middle of his top 10.

Bacon

I reckon in the GOTY deliberations Jeff will be more of a presence this year because it sounds like there are games he actually wants to fight for, unlike 2013 and 2014 where he had less he felt strongly about and said he could only easily fill out the middle of his top 10.

He's not gonna have to fight for anything. MGSV number 1, Mario Maker number 2. Lock it in

I really think Super Mario Maker's going to need Splatoon-like DLC support for it to have legs for me. Playing Super Mario World and seeing just how much of that game isn't in SMM is an eye-opener.

I really think Super Mario Maker's going to need Splatoon-like DLC support for it to have legs for me. Playing Super Mario World and seeing just how much of that game isn't in SMM is an eye-opener.
I need giant bullet bills and the ability to run at a ramp and run up the side of things.

I don't know if the latter is in the game but I haven't seen it yet so im assuming it isn't.

You play the first level of SMW and you're greeted with a slope, a Koopa Troopa outside of its shell, and a Banzai Bill back-to-back-to-back. None of those are in SMM.

I can kind of live without slopes, but the lack of enemy variety is killing me.

If I had to guess, I'd say they just didn't want to make a bunch of stuff that's unique to SMW and SMB3 in the New Super Mario Bros style since that'd take far more effort than making SMB1-style Kuribo's Shoes and things like that.

Yet another reason that NSMB can suck a fatty.

If they put Super Mario Land 2 put stuff in I would be quite happy, it's secretly the 2nd best Mario game

yessssss

it's the game boy's SMW

Still don't get why they decided to censor the game for a t rating after a billion games and every major series being rated m. No blood in that video at all :/

Ketch

watching the mario stream now, and It would have been super great to use the tricaster to put up poll options on the screen and been all like "Select your option by touching the screen" or something like the used to do in the magic shows on Nickelodeon back in the day.

Huh. Dan/the chat's level... outside of the troll pipes/doors and the Lakitus at the end, it actually doesn't seem that bad/difficult compared to a lot of Mario Maker stages I've seen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan and Jeff are better at dissecting the chat than Rorie.

Everyone is better at dissecting the chat than Rorie

Except Austin

StoveOven

Banned
I see Fallout 4 being a dark horse here.

Remember Skyrim.

You're right. I keep forgetting about Fallout 4, but I'm sure they'll all either enjoy it or at least recognize the quality. Definitely a good candidate for 2-5, but I do think Metal Gear is basically a lock at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom