• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, thank you very much! I'll for sure be watching that when I get home.

From the comments, I'm guessing that it's the Colecovision version he's playing. One of the things I'm looking at specifically with regard to Zaxxon is the range of versions and how they differed and yet shared little commonalities that sort of define Zaxxon, ie. the positional stuff like having a player shadow and using your bullets to 'test' your altitude through force fields, walls, etc.). I grew up on the Atari800XL port (one of the best!) and I've never tried the Coleco, only seen brief videos of it (like in this comparison youtube).

Yeah, I could've sworn I played it on an NES but reading about the game seems like it was never ported on the system. So unless there was an almost exact clone of the game for NES my only other option is the Commodore 64, which seems like a fairly good port based on that video.

Alex doesnt bother me in the bit, Austin on the other hand kinda does. I feel like he tries way to hard to make everything he talks about this overly intelligent/scientific thought out process, and ill be damned if anything coming out of VinnCo is intelligent or thought out

Myggen

By the end? Christ, it was stale two games ago.

0118_heo1l.gif

FStop7

Banned
I caught Giant Bomb Makes Mario last night. And immediately followed it with Patrick's runs through the level.

I think SMM might be some kind of milestone. I think it could influence and change gaming. The GB crew had so much fun making the level, Patrick had so much fun playing the level, and the entire arc was super fun to watch. Throw in the bonus of being able to play the level for ourselves.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the Beastcast. Wish they had more guests, though. Pretty sure they said they would have guests often in the beginning.

For some reason people really like Jeff, so I guess that's why no other guests are coming on.

Jeff's great, I'd like to see more five man podcasts though. Kotaku's in New York, right? They should try getting some people from over there on. Just not that weird ex-freelancer with the hair.

i used saved states to finish sonic 1 because that game is bullshit.

aint no shame in it, some games are just disrespectful of your time. Sonic 2 and future sonic games were alright with not being cheap as fuck but fuck sonic 1

Got the same from google cardboard, tried one of the earlier versions of Occulus and had no problem.

I was just messin' around. I wouldn't hold the whole medium responsible for my experience with a $7 piece of cardboard with shitty lenses on it. Still haven't used any actual VR but man i cant wait to see what the whole fuss is about

I've been consuming way too much Metal Gear content recently, I'm getting a couple of cats soon and I'm thinking of naming them
Rex and Ray
I played Valve VR today and now I get the raving E3 podcasts about VR.

Cool! I want to get to try out either that or Oculus with the Touch controllers. Well both, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom