• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difficulty here comes from the fact that there is no way to correct or adjust an input. Every difficult execution doesn't only require good timing, everything is an anticipation because you aren't cancelling or adjusting anything. Say what you will about animation priority in Souls games, it's no where near this rigid .

popo

I looked up the kotaku kickstarter story they were talking about on the beastcast.

Look who got quoted and what a quote to single out.

2785642-unsung+story+is+a++660+000+kickstarter+disaster.png

All them feels :'(

first time i've heard someone call sonic 1 difficult

not trying to discredit that feeling, i'm just surprised

It's designed like a platformer that had sonic mechanics bolted onto it later in development. Too many sections require precise timing and learning stage layouts, which the former isn't conducive to how one typically plays a sonic game and the latter is a real kick in the nuts when the game is extremely thrifty with its 1 ups and continues have to be earned playing that shitty ass bonus stage which sucks ass.

Sonic 2 gets that shit right, yo. Fun stages designed around Sonic's abilities, not too difficult but not easy either, and bonus stages dont make you want to punch your local preacher. Sonic 1 is an interesting start for the series but it feels like the Mega man 1 of the franchise where the sequel refines and improves on the prequel in almost every single facet.

I looked up the kotaku kickstarter story they were talking about on the beastcast.

Look who got quoted and what a quote to single out.

2785642-unsung+story+is+a++660+000+kickstarter+disaster.png

All them feels :'(
feel. He only had one feel regarding the kickstarter.

Until Dawn's production values are all AAA. The budget must have been way beyond anything you'd consider B-Tier. Mid-tier game development can't approach that in a reasonable way without a 1st party behind them.

Heck yeah! Care to share some of thoughts about your experience?

I was just smiling the whole time. The Portal demo was hilarious, and stuff like making food in the chef demo felt so natural and fun. It became second nature easily.

And then watching GAF's Donkey Show play it was hilarious, he almost knackered the demo computer, ahaha.

Man if this episode goes with not accomplishing anything...

I kind of want them to just skip this game. Go to Super Castlevania.

mfw Hot Coldman changed his avatar and I briefly forgot who he was

I was just smiling the whole time. The Portal demo was hilarious, and stuff like making food in the chef demo felt so natural and fun. It became second nature easily.

And then watching GAF's Donkey Show play it was hilarious, he almost knackered the demo computer, ahaha.

Aaahhh so awesome. I hope I get the chance to use the Vive soon.

daydream

Banned
It's designed like a platformer that had sonic mechanics bolted onto it later in development. Too many sections require precise timing and learning stage layouts, which the former isn't conducive to how one typically plays a sonic game and the latter is a real kick in the nuts when the game is extremely thrifty with its 1 ups and continue have to be earned playing that shitty ass bonus stage which sucks ass.

Sonic 2 gets that shit right, yo. Fun stages designed around Sonic's abilities, not too difficult but not easy either, and bonus stages dont make you want to punch your local preacher. Sonic 1 is an interesting start for the series but it feels like the Mega man 1 of the franchise where the sequel refines and improves on the prequel in almost every single facet.

i don't disagree with your verdict, i just never had a hard time playing through it

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
VioletNeatHeron.gif

I'd like to see some co-op Assault Android Cactus on UPF. Or right now. Or better yet, I just want to go home and play some more.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's much more...decipherable...in the early going. It takes a little bit (or the daily challenge) before it ramps up to total chaos. But really I'll accept anything that's moving quickly and looks different than this Castlevania 3 level.

edit: Well, I guess that solves that. Internet Explorer crashed and I can only watch GB live videos from before the actual stream starts for some reason. Can never join one in progress from work.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You're all kidding, right? Because I know that they didn't move on just moments after I got locked out of the stream. All these funny jokes.

Vinny's still stuck on the same level and that's all I'm missing and I refuse to accept a reality where this is incorrect.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I dare @DanRyckert to beat that stage without using the cape. Cape is baby mode. Are you a baby, @DanRyckert?

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 29s seconds ago

Dan Ryckert retweeted Patrick Klepek

I have decided that I am not a baby. I am a man. Challenge accepted on today's Unprofessional Fridays.

I hope this starts some sort of Mario Maker war of attrition between Patrick and Dan. I think Patrick's the only person stubborn enough to beat Dan's abominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom