• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frith

man this patrick stream is the perfect conclusion to the mm design stream. they should host it on the site its too good!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah watch the fucking AI Goalie on Alex's team block every shot, even the good ones, reminds me of why I don't play these games.

ArjanN

man, people really don't know how mario works, huh

watching klepeck not run through the trampolines or throw the galoomba from the pipe for ten minutes is driving me nuts

I don't know, I'm guessing 90% of the people playing a Mario game never go beyond running and jumping. Things like running through the trampolines are not intuitive at all, and a lot of the other tricks also just depend on if you played the specific Mario that featured those tricks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well damn.

Actually, I think I keep missing it because I rely more on this thread to update me on what happens on the site, than the actual site. :p

man, patrick really youtubes it up, huh

like he didn't know the one pipe dumped you to the beginning of the stage or killed you or did something else bad

he even says "well I probably should used the P-Switch"

also, I really hope we eventually get Super VinnyVania IV

It's strange to see these two average American males enjoying and even being knowledgable about hockey. I would understand if Austin was into the sport as he was in Canada long enough for the hockey bug to gestate with him but no excuses for Alex and Cnet jeff

tchocky

like he didn't know the one pipe dumped you to the beginning of the stage or killed you or did something else bad

He had already entered the door when the p block appeared (it disappeared when he came back) and then had no option but to either kill himself or enter the pipe.

ArjanN

Don't really know what you're talking about, the correct path is literally just a 50-50 chance most of the time with such trolley levels.

It's strange to see these two average American males enjoying and even being knowledgable about hockey. I would understand if Austin was into the sport as he was in Canada long enough for the hockey bug to gestate with him but no excuses for Alex and Cnet jeff

hockey's great (and much more popular in the US than you give it credit for)

best sport to watch live

He had already entered the door when the p block appeared (it disappeared when he came back) and then had no option but to either kill himself or enter the pipe.

regardless, it felt like he was hamming his reaction up

I always figured hockey was at least somewhat of a thing in the northeastern parts of the country (since I'm not American this is based entirely on what I've seen in movies/on TV)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

That's...a cynical way to look at that

You are been the worst person

faridmon

According to Dan's tweet; only 1.84% completed of that GB community level out of 34 000 tries

that can't be right. Do people like give up after few seconds because that level is totally beatable.

According to Dan's tweet; only 1.84% completed of that GB community level out of 34 000 tries

that can't be right. Do people like give up after few seconds because that level is totally beatable.

the clear rate is a little confusing

it's done by lives lost versus total clears, not by the percentage of people that clear it

if someone dies 20 times on a course but clears it once, the clear rate is 5%, not 100%

Watching the parts of this I missed live, Patrick is really overthinking the whole level. Most of the difficult parts get easier if you just run through at full speed instead of stopping to try and get through carefully. Right now I'm watching him try and jump through the circling boos instead of just running under them and I'm like what.

I'm the 12%!
(But as said the way it's calculated is a bit stupid)

I need instant gratification. I watched the first 10 min of Patrick's run and then I skipped to close to the end. I'm ashamed of my lack of patience. I destroyed the emotional impact.

DamnBoxes

I need instant gratification. I watch the first 10 min of Patrick's run and then I skipped to close to the end. I'm ashamed of my lack of patience. I destroyed the emotional impact.

Ooouh is this GB GAF confession day? Okay here goes....

After playing 70 hours of MGSV myself, I'm not getting a whole lot out of MGScanlon V.
I will still watch every episode but mostly have it on in the background while doing other things.

Xater

After playing 70 hours of MGSV myself, I'm not getting a whole lot out of MGScanlon V.
I will still watch every episode but mostly have it on in the background while doing other things.

Same.

I had more fun with the others because I have played them a while ago.

I'm getting more out of hearing how weirdly dan played through MGSV than i am from watching drew try not to hit him in the back of the head for volunteering too much information.

The irony is that back when Dan was doing Super Replays he would fight off folks trying to inform him on stuff because he wanted as pure an experience as possible. Funny how he doesn't apply the same philosophy to the MGScanlon run

edit: I just realized that Dan is the living embodiment of the chat that Austin deals with during livestreams. He's drew's live chat.

tuxfool

Banned

I did this for most of MGScanlon. However, this time it even easier to let it fall into background noise.

kAmui-

I think MGSV suits that better than previous games because there is a lot more space between the "important" parts. MGScanlon comes out when it's morning here so my plan is to put that on the second monitor while I browse the web and drink my morning coffee.

Balb

Same.

I had more fun with the others because I have played them a while ago.

There are also little to no "Metal Gear Moments" in V. I'm not anxious to see how Drew will tackle X scenario from V like I was for the Psycho Mantis fight, Fission Mailed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom