• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

the wheels came off mgscanlon v real quick. such promise of stealth action at the start, only for drew's blood lust to make him run into bases in broad daylight to murder potential diamond dogs in a hail of bullets.

he's already a demon.

the wheels came off mgscanlon v real quick. such promise of stealth action at the start, only for drew's blood lust to make him run into bases in broad daylight to murder potential diamond dogs in a hail of bullets.

he's already a demon.

I find it awesome, but maybe because that's the way that I play. I've never been great at stealth games and I find it easier than planning and setting up a sneak attack for 10+ mins waiting around and then it going bad somewhere in the middle and end up killing anyways... but again, that's just me. I'll delve in deeper into MGS5 once I'm done with Witcher 3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I hope they look at how broken NBA Live is during UPF. And someone tries to to scan their face in. Hopefully Jeff.

You mean the champ?

2649883-2649513-4971103124-26495.gif

Spaghetti

I find it awesome, but maybe because that's the way that I play. I've never been great at stealth games and I find it easier than planning and setting up a sneak attack for 10+ mins waiting around and then it going bad somewhere in the middle and end up killing anyways... but again, that's just me. I'll delve in deeper into MGS5 once I'm done with Witcher 3.
my post was mostly tongue in cheek. he can play how he likes.

but we're going to get to a point where dan has to give drew a talk.

drew: "why aren't my levels high enough to build these higher tier weapons?"
dan: "because you killed everyone drew. you killed everyone."

the sooner he realises he can still play with loud and lethal weapons and fulton the wounded, the better.

Vinny is terrible at video games. He has secretly been the worst of the Giant Bomb guys; people simply don't want to admit it because they like him so much.

Vinny is terrible at video games. He has secretly been the worst of the Giant Bomb guys; people simply don't want to admit it because they like him so much.

I think we've always known but he doesn't show his frustration as obviously and quickly as Brad so we make fun of him more for it.

Vinny is perseverant, which is why he eventually beats games. But he's not good. Everytime he plays games on Giant Bomb, four times out of five when he fails or dies, it could have easily been prevented. He has trouble picking up on enemy patterns and executing actions. But he eventually succeeds with perseverance and luck.

Nothing anyone has done at GiantBomb has been as bad as Drew vs Gray Fox and Drew vs Ocelot

Drew never plays games like this though. So many things in Metal Gear were just foreign to him, so of course he would have a lot of difficulty coming to grips with the game. But he got good very quickly, which is proof that he's good at games.

Vinny, on the other hand, is bad at games that he plays regularly and has been playing all his life.

strafer

Everyone at GiantBomb is pretty bad at games imo.

They are however very good at talking about games, especially Jeff who is a walking Wiki.

Everyone at GiantBomb is pretty bad at games imo.

They are however very good at talking about games, especially Jeff who is a walking Wiki.

I don't believe that's really the case. It's just the "people are watching" aspect that makes people not be great, a kind of performance anxiety of sorts.

That being said... as much as I hate to say it, Dan pulls out some great gameplay a lot. Although that is due to easily 60% luck most of the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I've played a good bit of MGS V and I want to know why Reflex Mode doesn't get as much shit as Conviction's Mark and Execute?

Like, it's not super duper easy to get head shots and the guards have pretty good range, but I've only ever once not nailed a headshot. And all the stun/KO weapons make nonlethal runs really fucking easy.

So I've played a good bit of MGS V and I want to know why Reflex Mode doesn't get as much shit as Conviction's Mark and Execute?

Like, it's not super duper easy to get head shots and the guards have pretty good range, but I've only ever once not nailed a headshot. And all the stun/KO weapons make nonlethal runs really fucking easy.

Because the game is not built around its use. I turned it off before starting the game and it didn't break the game.

I turned it off before even starting. I knew how it worked in Ground Zeros and it's not necessary at all. You get the same amount in real time to react, it just doesn't slow time and auto aim for you. No Reflex mode is 100% manageable and not even what I would call some kind of hardcore way to play. Just keeps the tension a little higher.

Works great for one guard, multiple spotting you at once can be tricky, and everything gets slowed down so if you miss, you're kinda fucked with that gun's reloading animation (until you get the upgrade that extends reflex mode). Helmets become a problem too.

Also I think it's turned off on higher difficulties?

Myggen

But Myggen...you didn't tell us that Nintendo resurrected their trade show in Oslo...!!

WCrZfGQl.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a Norwegian chain of games stores or not, but I'm surprised that there's still some of those stores around.

How did you find Oslo? I guess the weather was kinda shitty?

tchocky

So there is going to be a new Powerbombcast? I don't think anything justifies that existing.

Yep, Alex asked people to e-mail in questions a few days ago on twitter will probably go up tomorrow. That will be one depressing podcast with the exception of the news that Lucha Underground is getting a second season.

tm24

I cant get over how good the Giant Bomb Mario Maker level is. There's multiple solutions to all the platforming sections/puzzles. For something thrown together as a fun experiment, it holds up really well. The P Bridge is just really brilliant in the ways you can get past it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom