• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the

I had a dream the other night about guns eating guns to level up. Is this something I absorbed by falling asleep with a podcast on?

Feeding one character to another to level up is how a lot of JPN F2P games work. Feeding guns seems a good idea though, get that shit on the App Store!

spode

UPF used to be about bringing weird old games or fun stupid stuff. Now they just bring the games too shitty for a Quick Look.
Agreed. I still can't understand why they have Drew contributing a game to it since he keeps bringing a iOS game he doesn't really care about. I'd rather have Rorie contribute a World of Warcraft minute or something.

I always saw UPF as their way to just shoot the shit while some video goes on the screen. It's fine.
That's what it is at the show's worst, which is to say that it's always worth watching, but is way better when they put in a little bit of effort.

Agreed. I still can't understand why they have Drew contributing a game to it since he keeps bringing a iOS game he doesn't really care about. I'd rather have Rorie contribute a World of Warcraft minute or something.
Drew has brought some of my favorite UPF games, but it's the esoteric Eastern bloc games, not iOS garbage.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I would not have anticipated that Jeff would know anything about Garfield and Friends. Did that show run for a lot longer than I realized?

edit: YEP. Seven years, and US Acres was based on a cartoon strip I never knew existed.

spode

Drew has brought some of my favorite UPF games, but it's the esoteric Eastern bloc games, not iOS garbage.
Yeah I like unpro fridays Drew segments whenever he brings in something that he is genuinely interested in, but I feel the iOS stuff from him usually is forced just to have something to contribute. With Rorie on the couch I think he could bring something less forced. But I dunno...

Mario maker has made me want to go back and legit finish Mario 3. I always warped whistled to the end.

I never beat Mario 1 legit but that game is messed up. I also played it as a 6 year old so maybe I didn't have what it took

I really, really wish they had picked any other level. Or gotten levels that make sense/absurdly goofy instead of impossibly hard.

I love all the effort that players put into the game, but it seems like all that gets played is garbage like this. For people who have the game, are there better levels and these just make for better broadcasts?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mario 1 is the hardest Mario to play (aside from Mario 2/Lost Levels). I even played it on a CRT, the acceleration is insane compared to other games and you need constant precision. With input lag on a modern TV I don't think I'd even be able to complete the first world.

Also Jeff is scary with how well he's understanding this level. Unless this is just him acting again and he actually wached Derek Yu beat the level on the Polygon video.

Lijik

Mario maker has made me want to go back and legit finish Mario 3. I always warped whistled to the end.

I never beat Mario 1 legit but that game is messed up. I also played it as a 6 year old so maybe I didn't have what it took

for smb1 i forgot what you have to do (i think its like you press start instead of A on the game over screen or something dumb?) but theres a way to restart from the world you game overed on which turns the game into managing four levels at a time instead of always starting from square 1

EDIT-Its hold A and press start on the title screen after a gameover

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow, Fobwashed made something cool. How utterly unexpected with Giant Bomb involved.

Guess who made Jeff's awesome shirt

for smb1 i forgot what you have to do (i think its like you press start instead of A on the game over screen or something dumb?) but theres a way to restart from the world you game overed on which turns the game into managing four levels at a time instead of always starting from square 1
yeah I remembering hearing about that a while ago. I just rather tackle Mario 3 since that's bothered me more. I can live with finishing Mario 1 like a baby but I feel like my man card will be revoked if I don't finish Mario 3 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom