• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

SOMA QL on the schedule for Monday (long live the Live Bomb Chrome extension).

Still here til Sunday - weather was torrential on Thursday (but I'm Scottish so I'm used to it) but today was glorious. Going to see a ballet at the opera house tomorrow...unless I crash my rental car driving all British-like beforehand!

Cool. Yeah, I heard the weather was awful yesterday - I've been an hour outside of Oslo all week preparing a court case and we missed most of that weather out there.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a Norwegian chain of games stores or not, but I'm surprised that there's still some of those stores around.

How did you find Oslo? I guess the weather was kinda shitty?
Still here til Sunday - weather was torrential on Thursday (but I'm Scottish so I'm used to it) but today was glorious. Going to see a ballet at the opera house tomorrow...unless I crash my rental car driving all British-like beforehand!

Axel was going to edit it after vinnyvania so it's probably going up soon.

I have no idea what they talked about. Night of Champions was a non event. Lucha Underground coming back is okay, but that is a 10 min news section. NXT has something cool coming up, but that is also just news. Sting almost died a bit, but that that not much either.

Maybe it is WWE2K16 centric?

Myggen

I have no idea what they talked about. Night of Champions was a non event. Lucha Underground coming back is okay, but that is a 10 min news section. NXT has something cool coming up, but that is also just news. Sting almost died a bit, but that that not much either.

Yeah, I seem to remember Alex saying on the last Powerbombcast that the next Powerbombcast would be WWE2K16 centric. He's been to some event.

convo

Seeing Patricks try at the Giant Bomb level in Mario Maker, shows several moments of accidental level design brilliance. It's sooo delicious watching him lose his mind.

FStop7

Banned

NoC was the dawn of the Kevin Owens Era of WWE.

Par Score

Seeing Patricks try at the Giant Bomb level in Mario Maker, shows several moments of accidental level design brilliance. It's sooo delicious watching him lose his mind.

I don't know if that level is a testament to the basic underlying goodness of Mario managing to make any old crap work, the surprising fortuitousness of random actions, or evidence that Dan is some sort of level design savant.

It's a horrific mish-mash of crap thrown together via a capricious (and malicious) chat, that somehow ends up being supremely challenging, entertaining, and infuriating (unless you know the secrets).

Drew, the expert on iOS f2p games and not strangling Dan while playing metal gear.

If only there was a company that could bridge that gap for us and make one of zero

daydream

Banned
chain chronicle is pretty cool

except the part where you play it

and the part where the notification setting turns itself back on automatically after i turn it off

edit: oh wait, that's not chain chronicle, lmao

daydream

Banned
IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN GAME

THEY'RE ALL THE SAME DAMN GAME WITH THE SAME UI AND THE SAME MECHANICS AND TYPES

that's why you go for the one with the least grating gameplay and the best presentation

which is one piece treasure cruise

i tried like 15 different f2p games last week so i would know

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Power Bombcast is at its best when wrestling is at its worst.

It was at its best when everybody thought wrestling was at its worst but Dan still inexplicably defended it and Jared tried to convince everybody that Total Divas wasn't like watching a staph infection develop. Without anybody caring the whole thing seems like a waste of everybody's time.

Just for once I would love drew to drag that iPad out, load a game and say "someone on Twitter recommended this to me. It's called Dragon Quest V? It's a throwback to older jrpgs from a few decades back. Jason, could you switch the monitor over? Thanks."

I just want to be proud of mah boy

daydream

Banned
This looks fun. I'll try it out.

yeah, i'll try it

i need a reason to delete chain chronicle which has more interesting art and presentation but man, the gameplay is extremely uninteresting. i guess the fact that there's an auto-battle option says a lot (though it's not as mind-numbing as final fantasy record keeper in that regard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom