• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played through SMB1 and SMB3 so many times, for me playing Mario Maker has made me want to go back to World, only 2D Mario I've never completed. Maybe I'll reassess after a more recent playthrough but GB dudes are nuts for preferring World over 3.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wii U once again proves that it's the only console worth owning this generation. The best two game segments were both Wii U games, so by science I think the only conclusion is that Wii U is like a PC, but better in every way.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, a 5/5 Undertale review. It's also sitting at 97 on Metacritic and has very positive Steam reviews. Guess I have to check that out now.

daydream

Banned
15%2B-%2B1

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't want to say anything about the consensus game of the year or anything, but nobody comes around and complains that they're doing too much Mario Maker.

Just sayin.

Patryn

I don't want to say anything about the consensus game of the year or anything, but nobody comes around and complains that they're doing too much Mario Maker.

Just sayin.

I'm honestly starting to think that Mario Maker may steal GOTY out from under MGSV, simply because it sounds like most of team has now disengaged from MGS, while Mario Maker is just gaining steam.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
real talk, guys

I beat that GB level without even realizing there was a cape there

Patrick didn't really need it either. I think the idea that it made the level easier was the worst part for him, when the reality was he spent like half an hour solving the boo circle mystery. His way to skip the thwomps and get the easy circus car was no worse in getting to the pipe.

You used Kamek right?

Mario maker has made me want to go back and legit finish Mario 3. I always warped whistled to the end.

I never beat Mario 1 legit but that game is messed up. I also played it as a 6 year old so maybe I didn't have what it took

Coincidentally I did just that after a string of rotten Mario Maker levels. SMB3 used to kick my ass; now it is a comfortable challenge up to World 8. Modern Mario Boos gone soft. SMB3 Boos book it the second you turn.

I keep forgetting I bought Alpha Sapphire when it came out. Is there any point to beating xy beforehand? Does anything transfer?

You can send any of your dudes from XY to ORAS (and back in most cases) if that's what you mean. Story wise the games are all pretty well self contained, except for BW and B2W2 which were obvious sequels.

Anjin M

what the

I had a dream the other night about guns eating guns to level up. Is this something I absorbed by falling asleep with a podcast on?

I know I'm super late with this, but that's the Infuse mechanic from Destiny. They talked about it on the last Bombcast.

Which explains 1) why no one here answered you, and 2) why you fell asleep listening. :)

As if you needed confirmation, but, Pingu is the best.

I had never heard of Pingu before until I was looking for something that wasn't Lalaloopsy for my daughter to watch on Netflix.
Fuck Lalaloopsy.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan inspired me to get the free trial to WWE Network. Watching Wrestlemania 17. This is bad.

You're watching what is considered by many to be the literal highest point in WWE history.

Now, if you want to get the most out of your WWE Network subscription...WCW is where you want to be. Capital Combat 1990, Halloween Havoc 1995, and Uncensored 1995 have some of the real low points in wrestling history, which are really the high points in wrestling history.

Scizzy

OK, I just finished MGScanlon 5-1 and one moment utterly shocked me. How was Dan able to name Phineas Gage off the top of his head? He is barely even aware of WWI!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You're watching what is considered by many to be the literal highest point in WWE history.

Now, if you want to get the most out of your WWE Network subscription...WCW is where you want to be. Capital Combat 1990, Halloween Havoc 1995, and Uncensored 1995 have some of the real low points in wrestling history, which are really the high points in wrestling history.

Yeah I don't think you can go back without nostalgia and watch wrestling.

I like Andre the Giant and Macho Man and Ultimate Warrior. I might watch Wrestlemania 2 or something.

was gonna write an email/tweet/whatever to dan but maybe I can just ask you guys

what's the absolute shittiest I can go on the WWE Network

I was just gonna watch a bunch of 1994 WWF, but is there a better option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom