• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an aspiring marine biologist, I've got my undergrad in biology with scuba certification, I'm working at my graduate degree opportunities, and it's literally one of the things in my life I have to do.

I swear there's 50,000 prospective marine biologists in the world and like 8 actual jobs in the entire field, kinda sucks

I swear there's 50,000 prospective marine biologists in the world and like 8 actual jobs in the entire field, kinda sucks

Totally right but fuck me I love the ocean. It's why I also have a teaching degree. Research is easier to get into as well, versus actually doing things out at sea. Dream job is abyssal work, but more realistically I'd like to end up teaching university or high school level.

Also, you could say that about a lot of jobs anyway.

Vinny's bridge building courses have definitely been helping some of his students.

pA8SfKm.gif

Totally right but fuck me I love the ocean. It's why I also have a teaching degree. Research is easier to get into as well, versus actually doing things out at sea. Dream job is abyssal work, but more realistically I'd like to end up teaching university or high school level.

Also, you could say that about a lot of jobs anyway.

Word. I'm planning on spending a couple years in marine resource management with a volunteer position in SE Asia, after that though I'll pry jump back into biotech to have some more flexibility jobwise.

Sorry for the thread derail, back to the wrestling talk!

Word. I'm planning on spending a couple years in marine resource management with a volunteer position in SE Asia, after that though I'll pry jump back into biotech to have some more flexibility jobwise.

Sorry for the thread derail, back to the wrestling talk!

i thought this was the mgsv thread?

Resource management/aquaculture actually looks like a pretty hot field right now. Just do all you can for that volunteer position, especially if you don't need to worry about a job/room and board, and keep in contact with your supervisors/fellow volunteers. It's that kind of work that sets the foundation for the future.

If you want to get into wrestling you can watch all tonights RAW highlight videos on the WWE YouTube channel later. Honestly, it's the best way to consume wrestling.

Tonight's RAW started really strong, but they kinda blew it by starting with Cena vs Xavier and New Day vs Dudley Boyz. Everything else after was really bad, especially with the low point being Mark Henry vs Big Show being a fucking thing in 2015.

Kane was pretty great though, which I really can't believe was a fucking thing in 2015.

Getting around to watching the new Skylanders QL.... boy I am really glad I'm not into those games, it looks super boring (I know I'm not the demographic for it. but good grief!) I do wish I could just play the Lego dimensions game without buying a bunch of crap I don't want. I really just want to play the Back to the Future, Portal, and Simpsons parts. Oh well, maybe years later I'll somehow come across it for super cheap.

stump I'm an aspiring marine biologist, I've got my undergrad in biology with scuba certification, I'm working at my graduate degree opportunities, and it's literally one of the things in my life I have to do.

So you're not a weirdo. Whale sharks are rad and mind blowing.
I saw a 10m model of one in a museum just outside Oslo on Sunday.

I didn't realise they were real!

Is it as comlicated as the previous raids? Not that those were difficult but they definitely needed some prep.

Once you know it, and your group knows it, it'll take about an hour or so

If you don't know it, prepare to spend time in the raid. It's a load of fun though.

Myggen

That game is also fucking tiny for a game on current gen systems. Although the assets look like shit so probably not that surprising,

Yeah, the assets look very much last gen (early last gen), so I wasn't really surprised by the size. But yeah, $60 might be a tad much for this game.

Xater

Yeah, the assets look very much last gen (early last gen), so I wasn't really surprised by the size. But yeah, $60 might be a tad much for this game.

Yeah it really looks like something that was not intended for current consoles.

The impressions Data West gave you always slam down. No matter what. That's just so jarring to see and weird design decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom