• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

You know, I probably would have had more hope for this game, if it had been developed by anyone else than Robomodo. They have just proven way too often that they have no clue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's worse than HD.

Robomodo has no excuses. They are legit a bad developer who know nothing about the original games and why they worked. It's not even just a 'it's glitchy' it's 'you don't understand how combos work and why the Neversoft games felt and functioned the ways they felt and functioned'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean.

It's this or J Stars Victory Vs. Also I don't know where people got Create A Skater from being in this game because I haven't seen it and I don't think it's actually in the game. And THPS 3 had that.

tuxfool

Banned
The most frustrating thing is Neversoft was around for two years after THPS HD came out and they still gave that to Robomodo after they made Ride and Shred.

It is possible that all those people that worked on THPS were no longer at Neversoft. The only thing remaining might have just been the name.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skylanders looks more fun than Spyro and has cool dudes like Chop Chop and Drobot.

Spryo has always looked dumb

by the way THPS 5 doesn't even have deck customization. This is not a full retail game.

How does Spyro look "dumb"? It was just another SM64 rip-off. Generic you might say. It's exactly the kind of game you expect to see out of 1999 or whenever it was.

FStop7

Banned
I live very, very close to Infinity Ward / Neversoft. I constantly see people with NS shirts and bags at the nearby coffee shop or at the bus stop. I kind of want to ask them their thoughts on THPS5. And sincerely thank them if they were involved in THPS3 or 4. Those games were responsible for so many hours of fun back in the day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You also can't pause the game unless you are in hard offline mode. Like as in not connected to the internet at all.

Even a solo session, if you're online, you can't pause. Despite playing by yourself and wanting to play by yourself.

Xater

This game seemingly not even matching the feature set of THPS4 is just wow. I don't know how you do that and call your game THPS5.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This game seemingly not even matching the feature set of THPS4 is just wow. I don't know how you do that and call your game THPS5.

My dude it doesn't match the feature set of THPS 1. And then the shit it keeps but doesn't take from later Tony Hawks is baffling. Why keep the sticker slap but get rid of manual variants/grind variants?

Xater

My dude it doesn't match the feature set of THPS 1. And then the shit it keeps but doesn't take from later Tony Hawks is baffling. Why keep the sticker slap but get rid of manual variants/grind variants?

Baffling!

I guess Activison really wanted to kill off the franchise for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom