• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heimbeck

Banned
God dammit, I don't want to try Destiny again! Stop talking about it on the bombcast and making me maybe wanting to give it a try!

Yeah I really want to go into it again with all the content just to see if I like it more now.
But I want to finish MGS V before I jump into anything else.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i watched the afro samurai 2 ql and now i feel a little bit better about thps5. sorta.

i love love love rhythm games

i actually hate hate hate rhythm games like that with no personality in the presentation

Beatmania totally has a personality.

It's just that the personality is anime and E'd out EDM/rave culture.

Also sweet jesus my sides can't handle seeing Alex's created character.

d940bd41b4b18bef1103a4b9b30d8bf2.png

Yeah, "Freq".

demidar

In a weird way I find it touching that Ryan's life could still make such a big impact and resonate still after so long.

Giantbomb definitely bounced back incredibly well.

Drinking nacho cheese-drowned liquids ain't no flushing a cake down a toilet. We need escalation here.

Antiwhippy

Dan Ryckert said:
I'm pretty public about my issues with anxiety so doing these panels and being in front of camera is certainly nerve-racking, but I've really enjoyed getting my personality out there. I love pro wrestling, and I've always loved the idea of these big personalities, but I never could be a wrestler because I'm tiny and weak. When I first came to Giant Bomb I could finally be that. It was a release for me.

Huh, that's certainly an interesting way to look at it.

Huh, that's certainly an interesting way to look at it.

I have anxiety issues too, but I've always been kind of in the same boat. public performance can kind of provide social armor, it's kind of empowering and feels good. when I was younger I couldn't really put into words why I was so shy around people but could get up on stage with no fear.

LiK

Dan seems so carefree and open that it's almost unbelievable to me that he has anxiety issues. but I read his book so I know how he is when it happens.

Zaph

Jeff said:
"There are moments after 20 years of death threats and forum wars where you lose sight, but I really enjoy doing what we do."

I know why Jeff doesn't like to bring it up a lot (inviting more of it etc), but I'm glad he does occasionally mention this. Given everything that's gone on over the past couple years, it's easy to assume this is something new and directly inspired by gaming's increasingly diversifying audience, but nah, people in the industry have been quietly putting up with this shit for decades.

Antiwhippy

I have anxiety issues too, but I've always been kind of in the same boat. public performance can kind of provide social armor, it's kind of empowering and feels good. when I was younger I couldn't really put into words why I was so shy around people but could get up on stage with no fear.

Nah, I was more talking about how being on giantbomb is giving him an outlet to be a WWE character.

mattp

that vice article is GREAT

and, this quote from dan..
"Whenever I spoke with him he was just the nicest, funniest guy in the world, I never considered myself a replacement and it was never presented to me as such. I'm just the new guy. I'm pretty public about my issues with anxiety so doing these panels and being in front of camera is certainly nerve-racking, but I've really enjoyed getting my personality out there. I love pro wrestling, and I've always loved the idea of these big personalities, but I never could be a wrestler because I'm tiny and weak. When I first came to Giant Bomb I could finally be that. It was a release for me."

it makes so much sense. dan is a pro wrestler

Xater

It's too early in the morning for me to comprehend what I'm seeing in this NBA QL.

I have not watched it yet. I assume it's a lot of the story mode? I saw some of that on a stream and gave up as soon as i heard that the main character's name is Frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom