• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't let him get away with it 2 years in a row, I have more faith in the rest of the crew than that.

What other games are there that deserve to be on the top 10 that have had as much time spent in them as Destiny?

Serious question. MGSV, Mario Maker, maybe Fallout 4. Batman seemed to be a general flop around the crew, Bloodborne I can see it taking a spot...

...gotta believe in Brad. TTK for GOTY

What other games are there that deserve to be on the top 10 that have had as much time spent in them as Destiny?

Serious question. MGSV, Mario Maker, maybe Fallout 4. Batman seemed to be a general flop around the crew, Bloodborne I can see it taking a spot...

I don't think GOTY should be about how much time was spent playing a game, that's a factor sure but if it's still a disappointing game that's now less disappointing but still so, shouldn't be a top 10 game, but what do I know, they gave the base game a top 10 spot last year so anything is possible I suppose. I'm not sure if a DLC for a game is still considered a best game of 2015, they have a DLC specific if I remember right.

danm999

Witcher 3 seems likely. Splatoon. Rocket League. Axiom Verge maybe?

Zocano

It's a shame, cause I don't think enough of them will have finished Witcher 3 to have a good fervor about it. Super long cRPG gets short shirfted? Must be tuesday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Galak-Z will get a spot even if none of them finished it.

2015 has had many downs despite all the ups
godzilla-game-2015-screenshot.jpg

J-Stars-Victory-VS.jpg

destiny-taken-king-pre-order.jpeg

tony-hawk-pro-skater-5-640x427.jpg

Witcher 3 seems likely. Splatoon. Rocket League. Axiom Verge maybe?

Contradiction and a few indie darlings might make it courtesy of GB East, like maybe Her Story and Undertale.

Rocket League definitely, maybe Axiom Verge depending how much Jeff fights for it. Contradiction is probably a lock, as for the other indies it depends on how strongly Austin can fight over other games that the team liked.

danm999

Contradiction and a few indie darlings might make it courtesy of GB East, like maybe Her Story and Undertale.

Yeah between all of them it wouldn't be a struggle to fill out ten full new games. It would depend on Brad getting the rules bent.

Oh Just Cause 3 seems a likely addition at this point.

It's a shame, cause I don't think enough of them will have finished Witcher 3 to have a good fervor about it. Super long cRPG gets short shirfted? Must be tuesday.

It won't win but my guess is it will place well. Too many of them liked it too much.

Yeah between all of them it wouldn't be a struggle to fill out ten full new games. It would depend on Brad getting the rules bent.

Oh Just Cause 3 seems a likely addition at this point.

True, Halo 5, maybe Forza 6, they seemed like what they've seen of both, and knowing Jeff COD BLOPS III is a shoe in.

jtar86

I've played a lot of Destiny TTK and I don't understand people saying it's a different game. Still feels identical to me except for an increase in loot drops. You're still going to end up grinding strikes to get the gear you need for the raid, rinse and repeat. The new quest you get after the story are just busy work. Some neat stuff like the hidden quests for exotics. It's definitely a better game but I don't get how Brad can say it's totally different it's just slightly better.

danm999

I've played a lot of Destiny TTK and I don't understand people saying it's a different game. Still feels identical to me except for an increase in loot drops. You're still going to end up grinding strikes to get the gear you need for the raid, rinse and repeat. The new quest you get after the story are just busy work. Some neat stuff like the hidden quests for exotics. It's definitely a better game but I don't get how Brad can say it's totally different it's just slightly better.

I mean, jokes aside about the Brad filibuster, reading Brads review even he says it just makes Destiny an improved product and not a new game, so I don't really think he'll push it for the top ten.

I missed the Tony Hawk live QL. I am so sad.

I will now console my sorrow with the archived version.
Galak-Z will get a spot even if none of them finished it.

2015 has had many downs despite all the ups
godzilla-game-2015-screenshot.jpg

J-Stars-Victory-VS.jpg

destiny-taken-king-pre-order.jpeg

tony-hawk-pro-skater-5-640x427.jpg

Dragonball Xenoverse's formula could have saved two of those. Maybe even all of them.

Zocano

the raid will make or break Brad's opinion of putting it into top ten.

Sounds like he loved THE SHIT out of it on bombcast.

I'm sad that the thursday raid thing isn't a completely fresh blind run like last time (I really liked watching that). Looks like it'll be Brad, Jeff, and Austin and probably 3 others (Giancarlo and friends) and mostly helping Jeff and Austin through.

It won't win but my guess is it will place well. Too many of them liked it too much.

I suppose. I am not looking to see them place it at 1 (although I would love that), I would just like good discussion around it. Lack of Dragonfall discussion last year made me sad but hardcore as fuck cRPGs aren't their thing so I can't really be super upset about it. It's obvious when the time they all spend a good amount of time with Witcher is when it finally gets a really strong opening on console alongside the PC.

danm999

I suppose. I am not looking to see them place it at 1 (although I would love that), I would just like good discussion around it. Lack of Dragonfall discussion last year made me sad but hardcore as fuck cRPGs aren't their thing so I can't really be super upset about it. It's obvious when the time they all spend a good amount of time with Witcher is when it finally gets a really strong opening on console alongside the PC.

Yeah Dragonfall was amazing and really was a great candidate for best story.

But we got Austin now to cover those cRPG gaps.

Zocano

Yeah Dragonfall was amazing and really was a great candidate for best story.

But we got Austin now to cover those cRPG gaps.

I feel bad cause even I was late to it when it came to GAF voting (finally played it all like in early Feb). It was the best game of that year and one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Hot fuckin' damn was it amazing.

Haven't touched Hong Kong yet cause it has to go up against Dragonfall and my feelings about it will be skewed because of it.

Zocano

Destiny is totally going in the Top 10 instead of Bloodborne.

Thats going to be the trade. I am calling it now.

I honestly don't see enough games filling it out well enough to bump Bloodborne off. This year had a handful of HUGE heavy hitters but not a plethora of diverse games as much as other years (such as last year).

I feel bad cause even I was late to it when it came to GAF voting (finally played it all like in early Feb). It was the best game of that year and one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Hot fuckin' damn was it amazing.

Haven't touched Hong Kong yet cause it has to go up against Dragonfall and my feelings about it will be skewed because of it.

I've been playing Dragonfall for the last week or so, the game itself is great but man is it rough on Android (I have a high end tablet from a couple of years back). Load times between missions are like 5+ minutes and the framerate is often in the single digits.

Thinking abour Rock Band 3 and then remembered they kickstarted Amplitude ages ago.

What ever happened to that?

Harmonix doing the ol' Gearbox and repurposing funds?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Thinking abour Rock Band 3 and then remembered they kickstarted Amplitude ages ago.

They delayed the game, increased the size, and probably redirected staff to finish Rock Band first.

Harmonix needs a hit to put out the million fires that seem to be burning at that studio the past couple of years. I'm happy they've managed to keep going because I get the impression it's occasionally been really dire.

Harmonix needs a hit to put out the million fires that seem to be burning at that studio the past couple of years. I'm happy they've managed to keep going because I get the impression it's occasionally been really dire.

It's possible the Amplitude kickstarter was to keep themselves afloat until RB4 and they're banking on that to then finish up Amplitude?

Harmonix seem like a good bunch and I just hope the faith of the company isn't all in the Rock Band 3 basket.

They got a bunch of smaller things cooking so I hope at least one of those blows up big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom