• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizzy

Has there been an update since the Bombcast about whether Dan is still trying to somehow binge enough Destiny to be ready for the raid tomorrow?

demidar

So I finished Assault Android Cactus and noticed extended/honourary Giant Bomb members Mary Kish did "additional marketing" and Cara Ellison voiced a character.

btw game is pretty good

justjim89

Wasn't some game dev or personality on one of the late night shows last week? I remember some buzz about it but I don't recall exactly.

tm24

Ive found it easier to have no feelings about that game right now.

While the joke has been what is firewatch, it really should have been what is NMS?

Xater

Ive found it easier to have no feelings about that game right now.

While the joke has been what is firewatch, it really should have been what is NMS?

Only to people who pay no attention. I have a very clear idea of what NMS will be. So I am not falling for the stupid hype some people have for it and I am also not a negative nancy. I just know what to expect and that it is probably my thing.

Is the video player sucky for anyone else here in the last couple of weeks? Can't watch shit without the player falling asleep and nothing happening until I reload the page and wait.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I still think No Man's Sky looks absolutely incredible and will only disappoint people who don't get it and have been asking "Yeah but where's the game part" for two years.

Is the video player sucky for anyone else here in the last couple of weeks? Can't watch shit without the player falling asleep and nothing happening until I reload the page and wait.

it's had plenty of issues recently. I can run 720/60 QLs with youtube but half the time i suffer buffering issues on the website proper. And i'm connected to my router directly, no wifi, so it makes zero sense.

daydream

Banned
regarding no man's sky, i fully expect it to be more fluff than anything else

i do find one thing fascinating, though - it could potentially be the first real big marketing sham on the indie side, comparable to stuff ubisoft or bungie pulls if it indeed turns out to be underwhelming

it goes without saying that i'd be happy to be proven wrong, of course, and i obviously hope it turns out rad

Only to people who pay no attention. I have a very clear idea of what NMS will be. So I am not falling for the stupid hype some people have for it and I am also not a negative nancy. I just know what to expect and that it is probably my thing.

which is exactly my point. it's reaching a size of recognizability that extends far beyond the people who HAVE been paying attention all this time.

I'm sure it'll be a fun lark for a week or so while I do the universe sandbox thing, but not much more. it'd be cool if it was more though.

daydream

Banned
which is exactly my point. it's reaching a size of recognizability that extends far beyond the people who HAVE been paying attention all this time.

I'm sure it'll be a fun lark for a week or so while I do the universe sandbox thing, but not much more. it'd be cool if it was more though.

it should be more, imo. they can do what they want, of course, but the sandbox thing is really not the most stimulating design philosophy to shoot for atm

i could just play more mirrormoon ep instead, now that's a videogame

FStop7

Banned
From the Bombcast...

Vince Mechman

You build mechs and make them wrestle each other for supremacy

There's a real game in this, like a really good game.

Alfredo

Well, the Quick Look convinced me I don't NEED to get Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

I'm so done with Persona 4, it's kind of sad. The numerous spin off and animes was kind of off-putting. I know this is probably weird reason to be turned off, but the fact that they've replaced the majority of the (English) voice cast just kills it for me. Like, of the main cast, only Charlie, Yosuke, and Yukiko have the same voices! Every time I heard Rise's new voice in that Quick Look I was like, "ooh, sorry, no thank you."

I'm so ready for P5 and a whole new cast of characters (for them to milk later).

DId the Persona 4 main character have a canon name in Persona 4 or was that just something Atlus added later for the anime and stuff where other chracters had to actually use the dudes name in conversation?

TraBuch

Banned
I dunno about that Spike Lee story mode for NBA 2K16. Seems like Fight Night Champion still has the best sports game story mode.

I need a new Fight Night.

tuxfool

Banned

It won't be a problem for the audience at large. People who won't know what that game is about. It also won't be a problem for people who have really been paying attention to what the devs have said.

It will only be a problem for those really interested in the game but have spent their time fantasizing about the game instead of paying attention to the demos, dev videos.

It won't be a problem for the audience at large. People who won't know what that game is about. It also won't be a problem for people who have really been paying attention to what the devs have said.

It will only be a problem for those really interested in the game but have spent their time fantasizing about the game instead of paying attention to the demos, dev videos.

if what youre asking for is for gamers to have reasonable expectations then boy do you think well of the lot of them

daydream

Banned
undertale seems like a hot top 10 contender this year. kinda out of nowhere, too. (it always looked neat but it's hard to tell if the final game will hit those marks, especially with the writing)

do we know of any gbwest peeps playing it?

tuxfool

Banned
if what youre asking for is for gamers to have reasonable expectations then boy do you think well of the lot of them

There is a large wide line between unreasonable expectations and stratospheric expectations. I mean, there was something to be said for imaginations to be running wild at the beginning when the game was announced. But now there is enough media and statements from the developers for people to kind of know what they're getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom