• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised to see the same issues I had with NBA 2K10 are still in the game 6 years later. Why do they miss so many layups? Why don't players fill lanes and follow through on fast breaks? Ball handling is still terrible, AI ignores easy steals on defense, inbounding after scoring is still super slow.

If they put nearly as many resources into the core game mechanics as they do stupid gimmicky bullshit like Spike Lee's terrible career mode, I would probably buy those games every couple years.

They really need to work on the premium content right now, because if you don't like MGS then the pickings are wafer thin. At the very least they should commit to having Wednesday live-streams.

I'm watching the QL of Cargo: The Quest for Gravity as i'd never seen it. What in the world am I watching? Something about it is transfixing. I... I like this?

santeesioux

I'm watching the NBA 2K16 QL, and I can't believe Alex is unfamiliar with rolling the ball inbounds to maintain clock. It has been a while since I followed basketball, but that occurs really often.

I'm just glad he realized Portland still has a team, the West guys thought we were the ones that got moved to Oklahoma.

daydream

Banned
more like tony hawk's pro skater 1/5

lzP2oM7.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does anybody know if Brad's run of the new Destiny raid was streamed/archived anywhere? I don't play Destiny but I'm fascinated by it and I loved the video of him and Jeff doing the first raid.

Does anybody know if Brad's run of the new Destiny raid was streamed/archived anywhere? I don't play Destiny but I'm fascinated by it and I loved the video of him and Jeff doing the first raid.

Destiny: The King's Fall Raid
LIVE SHOW ON OCT 01, 2015 12:00 PM Pacific

Mr. F

Banned
They really need to work on the premium content right now, because if you don't like MGS then the pickings are wafer thin. At the very least they should commit to having Wednesday live-streams.

As much as I was looking forward to MGS I think I'm good on the series a couple episodes in. Kind of burnt out on their dynamic and Phantom Pain is way too long a game for that to not get even more grating.

In short, yeah I wish other features would return. I think they alluded to a potential Demo Derby on the bombcast, at least.

Scizzy

Demo Derby is the best because it has Jeff.

I would love it if Jeff eventually wrote some memoirs that were just his encyclopedic memories of playing various games, like on the last Bombcast when he reminisced about a bunch of Sega systems and random arcade ports. Every single thing he said was fascinating.

jtar86

are we still holding up these tweets like he was loving the game or something
He used a good bit of the lobby to defend it and say it wasn't that bad and that he was going to attempt 100% it. Maybe he doesn't want to get on the hawk man's bad side since he got to do that point episode with him or maybe he legitimately likes it. Who can say.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Destiny: The King's Fall Raid
LIVE SHOW ON OCT 01, 2015 12:00 PM Pacific

I assume that's going to be a 2nd run of it for Brad with Jeff on board. On this week's Bombcast Brad was talking about how he did a blind run of it over the weekend, I guess that run wasn't recorded? The Vault of Glass raid happening live and mostly blind was great fun to watch.

tchocky

Danny is in the pocket of Big Publisher.

Has he updated us on how he felt after the hour?

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer
THPS 5 is technically janky, incredibly repetitive & uninspired. But my nostalgia gland still like it a little bit. Not worth $60 at all.

This would be is a sort-of okay downloadable skating game. Blows my mind it's full price. But whatever, it's got "School 3" so I'll play it.

The THPS5 soundtrack isn't a classic, but there are some solid tracks on here.

daydream

Banned
first witcher 3, now thps5. clearly a pattern of getting too close to the source is emerging with danny

(actually, the difficulties of being 100% candid when dealing with the awkwardness of having to criticise an interviewee is a real thing in cultural reporting but i guess you can't really discuss that on the internet without sounding like a conspiracy nut)

anyway, i am with danny insofar as i find the soundtrack a redeeming fragment of the game. but that's about it. i'd rather play thps hd and that is a "sort of okay downloadable game" at best.

I assume that's going to be a 2nd run of it for Brad with Jeff on board. On this week's Bombcast Brad was talking about how he did a blind run of it over the weekend, I guess that run wasn't recorded? The Vault of Glass raid happening live and mostly blind was great fun to watch.

Don't think he streamed that.

Lijik

He used a good bit of the lobby to defend it and say it wasn't that bad and that he was going to attempt 100% it. Maybe he doesn't want to get on the hawk man's bad side since he got to do that point episode with him or maybe he legitimately likes it. Who can say.

Alright i guess thats more substantial than a pair of tweets that be summed up as "I think its mediocre not hot garbage!" which imo is more damning to the game if thats the most positivity someone can muster than to the person holding the opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom