• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Rewatching this old mailbag I got from the Vice article thread that was shot right after Ryan's passing.... It's so weird to see Vinny in that office now.

Rewatching this old mailbag I got from the Vice article thread that was shot right after Ryan's passing.... It's so weird to see Vinny in that office now.

Yeah. When the article said it wasn't even a year later that Vinny moved back East, I had to stop and think. It's been a pretty hectic time for GB the past two years. 2013 still feels like yesterday. But then again, I have a very strong memory and things for me always seem like yesterday.

Harpuia

Yeah. When the article said it wasn't even a year later that Vinny moved back East, I had to stop and think. It's been a pretty hectic time for GB the past two years. 2013 still feels like yesterday. But then again, I have a very strong memory and things for me always seem like yesterday.

GB was very lowkey after Ryan passed. It was especially rough after Vinny left. It's amazing that we got Dan and Austin within the span of a year. Better yet, it felt like they fit in so goddamn easily. They were the breath of fresh air that they needed.

Megasoum

Banned

You know what's an amazing fitness/weight loss motivation when you're feeling down? Buying clothes lol...

Last week I bought jeans that are 14 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing 15 months ago.

Tonight I bought a fall jacket because I thought it looked great... First time in my life that I actually enjoy buying clothes and actually bought something for pleasure instead of necessity.

justjim89

You know what's an amazing fitness/weight loss motivation when you're feeling down? Buying clothes lol...

Last week I bought jeans that are 14 sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing 15 months ago.

Tonight I bought a fall jacket because I thought it looked great... First time in my life that I actually enjoy buying clothes and actually bought something for pleasure instead of necessity.

I'm about 25 pounds down from when I started C25K 5 or 6 weeks ago, and while I'm not yet to the point where I require new clothes, it does feel good to use the tighter notches on my belt for sure.

valeo

They really need to work on the premium content right now, because if you don't like MGS then the pickings are wafer thin. At the very least they should commit to having Wednesday live-streams.

Agreed. I couldn't care less about the MGS playthroughs - it was fun for the first one, but I don't understand why people are so into it.

Megasoum

Banned
Agreed. I couldn't care less about the MGS playthroughs - it was fun for the first one, but I don't understand why people are so into it.

Yeah I liked the older "seasons" of MGScanlon but it doesn't really make sense to continue with MGS5... It's really not the kind of game that works for a LP like that.

Jintor

if i didn't know I had to move in like a year and send boxes back home i would probably buy more clothes here. hell i probably still should.

AcridMeat

Banned
Destiny: The King's Fall Raid
LIVE SHOW ON OCT 01, 2015 12:00 PM Pacific
I shouldn't be excited, especially knowing Brad has already done it so he's just going to be barking orders at people.

Congrats, that's one hell of an accomplishment. I have the opposite problem regarding weight, but similarly it feels amazing finding clothes that fit well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sneaking suit sucks. Fatigues are the way to go. Who ever even needs to sneak up on someone other than the first guy in a base just to get the POI location?

Tranq gun OP

Jintor

it's nice being able to sneakwalk at full speed, but I find the fact that you can be spotted more easily during the day not to be worth it usually.

justjim89

Sneaking suit looks more badass than fatigues, as well. Although the leather jacket is the best look.

I used sneaking suit the whole game, as well. CQC'd as much as I could.

Looks so badass.
Metal-Gear-Solid-Ground-Zeroes.jpeg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sneaking suit looks more badass than fatigues, as well. Although the leather jacket is the best look.

I used sneaking suit the whole game, as well. CQC'd as much as I could.

How can sneaking suit look more badass when it doesn't have a scarf option?

But then you miss out on how nice it looks. And sunsets and sunrises.

I find playing ASAP mode most fun anyway.

Me too. Plus, sometimes the middle of day sneaks can be just as tense. There was an extraction (i think) in Yakho Oboo and the blinding light made opening doors super tense.

Mature

Just from this first mission, it's really easy to tell Drew's comfortable with the controls. Diving out of the way of grenades, taking down people with CQC, and generally being able to execute on ideas without much hassle.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just re-listened to a blmbcast from 2012 where Brad was questioning why Konami/Kojima was even considering making another MGS (ground zeroes / V). Unnecessary was the word he was searching for.

🐸

Zebetite

Banned
But then you miss out on how nice it looks. And sunsets and sunrises.

I find playing ASAP mode most fun anyway.

That's the ticket. ASAP and if you expect most/all of your mission to be during the nighttime, sure bring the sneaking suit along. But getting spotted from a mile away by some idiot in a watchtower during the day fucking blows and I'm not gonna crawl like an idiot all game to get past them when I could just as easily let off the analog stick a bit when I'm gettin' up on a guy. And if you aren't gettin' up on every guy, what are you doing with yourself?

#teamartificiallyhandicappingyourselfbyonlyusingtranqdartsinemergencies

justjim89

I just re-listened to a blmbcast from 2012 where Brad was questioning why Konami/Kojima was even considering making another MGS (ground zeroes / V). Unnecessary was the word he was searching for.

🐸

I mean, from a narrative standpoint he's not wrong. The end of Snake Eater perfectly illustrated why Big Boss would turn against the United States and become a villain. Everything since, especially V, just muddied the waters and made it worse.

unless they're already on full alert i've never seen any reason to throw or choke

seems like the best option is always hold them up --> 'lie down' --> interrogate --> fulton

or if you need to move them first just kick them to stun and then do whatever

if you're going to throw them, might as well just do the full melee combo since it lasts a lot longer

🐸

Good thing he was wrong, MGSV is one of the most important open world games of this generation.

unless they're already on full alert i've never seen any reason to throw or choke

seems like the best option is always hold them up --> 'lie down' --> interrogate --> fulton

if you're going to throw them, might as well just do the full melee combo since it lasts a lot longer

If you fulton a guy who is lying down but awake, he'll scream for help before the balloon takes off which alerts guys more than just seeing the balloon would.

Holding them up isn't reliable.

CQC grab interrogations are always the best choice for neutralising an enemy quietly. The sheer speed and flexibility it gives you is unparalleled. And, with a magazine in hand, you can CQC multiple people.
Good thing he was wrong, MGSV is one of the most important open world games of this generation.
It's barely an open world game. The Witcher 3's the only game I can think of that's really advanced the genre in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom