• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Stefanie Joosten, the woman who plays Quiet, has been streaming herself playing TPP, and she is actually better than Drew, no joke. I'm talking: stealth, lining up head shots, noticing helmets and such and changing her strategy. It's very impressive, considering MGSV is very systems and control heavy.

Are you saying it's impressive because a woman is playing it and doing well? lol

Anyways, Drew sucks at video games, this is known. The man can create pdf documents with step by step instructions detailing how to successfully start up a jet plane but he can't grasp very simple things in the MGS series.

What's with the pitchforks? I think he's just surprised that someone who plays a character in the game would be proficient at the game itself. I mean, how good do you think Kevin Spacey is at Call of Duty?

strafer

That is the one thing I hate, people telling me I'm playing wrong or you should do this.

It's fucking open world, let me play how I want.

CQOZgRPUEAAzXgY.jpg:medium

Navarro

Life is Strange is in my top 3.

I was really turned off by the dialogue in the first chapter or two, but that game surprised me with how good it started to play, especially by chapter... 3, I think,
when she learns how to use photos to go back in time.
And damned if chapter 4 isn't the most cliffhangery cliffhanger I've ever seen.

Is the final chapter out yet?

Still waiting on it to continue from chapter 2.

Oct 20th. I have a feeling this is why it might get snubbed from lists for some people, since it didn't all come out at once, and Chapter 5 is taking a real long time to come out... Although I have to assume that's because of the climax.

danm999

Late October for Episode 5.

And yeah I'm a broken record, Life is Strange is great and I hope GB gives it a look once all episodes are out (probably the East Coast crew would be more likely).

If we actually want to be real about our games of the year, these come to mind for me, in no real order (except MGSV probably being number 1)

Dying Light
Mario Maker
MGSV
Hotline Miami 2 (if the level editor drops by the end of the year)
Killing Floor 2
Rare Replay (okay this is cheating but still)
That Forza Horizon Fast & Furious thing (perfect thing to scratch my racing game itch this year)

I still need to play a lot of games I've bought, like Axiom Verge and Ori. Fallout 4 is probably going to be disappointing but still good enough to make my list. Same goes for Black Ops III.

Late October for Episode 5.

And yeah I'm a broken record, Life is Strange is great and I hope GB gives it a look once all episodes are out (probably the East Coast crew would be more likely).
All of the Beast crew have expressed interest in it so I'm hoping that they do.

Jintor

i really haven't played enough this year to say too much. I think the only things I played that came out this year are

Cities Skyline
GTAV (PC)
Crypt of the Necrodancer
DanganRonpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls
Metal Gear Solid V
Splatoon
P4DAN

Of those two, I vaguely regret GTAV and DanganRonpa AE. Kindasorta MGSV but not really because I played it for like 120 hours so *shrug*

Myggen

If we actually want to be real about our games of the year, these come to mind for me, in no real order (except MGSV probably being number 1)

Dying Light
Mario Maker
MGSV
Killing Floor 2
That Forza Horizon Fast & Furious thing (perfect thing to scratch my racing game itch this year)

I still need to play a lot of games I've bought, like Axiom Verge and Ori. Fallout 4 is probably going to be disappointing but still good enough to make my list. Same goes for Black Ops III.

Good man for including Dying Light.

Splatoon might be GOTY for me. I haven't taken up Mario Maker yet, but I don't think I've had such fun with a game since I first started TF2 or Titanfall. I'll have to think about it in November more, still need to pick up Dying Light when that drops in price during the sales.

God do I want Titanfall 2.

Good man for including Dying Light.

When Dead Island first came out and I got my hands on it, my initial thought was "man, a sequel to this could be really good," and DL lived up to that. Hell, the game's internal files refer to it as "DW," so it's technically even more of a sequel than most people realize.

That being said, I have a feeling that Dying Light is going to be what Wolfenstein was last year: the game that came out too early in the year to be in anyone's mind when it's time to compose year-end lists.

I should really try to put more time into Cities skylines and Crypt of the Necrodancer, I really enjoyed the couple of hours I spent with them.

Dying Light
Mario Maker
MGSV
Killing Floor 2

Glad to see a nod for Killing Floor 2, it's already great and it's still got sometime before the full release.

Myggen

When Dead Island first came out and I got my hands on it, my initial thought was "man, a sequel to this could be really good," and DL lived up to that. Hell, the game's internal files refer to it as "DW," so it's technically even more of a sequel than most people realize.

That being said, I have a feeling that Dying Light is going to be what Wolfenstein was last year: the game that came out too early in the year to be in anyone's mind when it's time to compose year-end lists.

Brad recently mentioned it as one of his favourite games of the year, and that's a good man to have in your corner.

hamchan

final chapter comes out Oct 20

also, why is everyone telling Drew to use iron sights? I barely used it and got plenty of headshots no problem.

Same. I actually think the iron sights is hurting him when he goes into Rambo mode. He seems to aim much better in third person than first person.

Myggen

s0mekindabl0g asked:Hey jeff, where's that Johnny V podcast about infinity. You mentioned it the week of the LA podfest trip and it's been 2 weeks. Just wondering when it will be up I need a Johnny V fix

Haven’t had time to take a look at it. I’d like to run it this week, but next week is probably more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom