• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rewatched the CDI stream and the bit where they see Dark Castle gameplay for the first time is still in the top 5 funniest things on the site.

AcridMeat

Banned
If Gamespot lost Danny and Mary they may as well shut the site.
Yeah, that's how it feels like. Ronaldo was so overpowered last year, even with how good he is in real life. But turns out I like my football games at a certain pace, this year just feels so fucking sluggish to me.
Did you try the full game or the demo? The full game is a bit faster than the demo. The only big annoyance I have is when you do really well to counter attack and have a breakaway, the ai rubberbands pretty hard so you only have a few seconds to make a play. This is on higher difficulties it might not be that significant on professional.
What's to stop a team from keeping all of their players at the mid-field line? Then nobody scores.
One forward ball to a fast wing player and they have a 1 v 1 on the goalie.

AcridMeat

Banned
There are over a million viewers for the first day of the league of legends world championship. #esports
It's been super awesome too.

I'm still sad that for years Brad praised Valve's production of The International but never gave attention to Riot's.

Phediuk

1 minute into the FIFA 16 quick look and Dan admits he thought FIFA was a brand of shoe.

Edit: Is the concept of a national team REALLY this hard, Dan?

VQohM8o.jpg

Screw Destiny, Brad needs to get on that esports money train.

tchocky

1 minute into the FIFA 16 quick look and Dan admits he thought FIFA was a brand of shoe.

Edit: Is the concept of a national team REALLY this hard, Dan?

My favourite sports ql ask Danny a dumb question moment remains Jeff asking Danny if Sinn Fein is to do with Rugby and Danny not knowing what he's talking about since Jeff pronounced it "Sin Fine".

Liamc723

Hopefully Brad doesn't tell Jeff and Austin what to do straight away in the Destiny. It would be cool to see them attempt every encounter blind a few times like we had to when it first released.

yea, the first wall I hit with that game when you first get there. now it's such a breeze.

It's still not really a breeze with me. Also, Quiet suuuuuucks to use. D-Dog is where it's at. I hate when she randomly starts killing guys that I want to fulton, especially since I have a no-kill policy.

It's still not really a breeze with me. Also, Quiet suuuuuucks to use. D-Dog is where it's at. I hate when she randomly starts killing guys that I want to fulton, especially since I have a no-kill policy.

get her a tranq rifle yo. that's the first thing i did

until then, i had her shoot low ranking peeps to cause a ruckus and then marched into bases like a pimp

popo

I know there are a fair number of people who have this opinion—which is why many are happy that GBEast mostly took over the sport QLs because of Alex and Austin's knowledge—but I'm one of the people who primarily appreciated the Jeff and Vinny "Sport Expert" duo because of their flippant attitude toward the entire thing, which is pretty much gone now.

East should do Madden, NFL and NBA - because they can do a proper QL, but if nobody plays FIFA they might as well go for laughs.

Austin has claimed some knowledge of soccer but I don't think he plays much FIFA.

Jeff got a few moments of "why don't the rest of the world do it like we do" but everybody focused on Dan because it's Dan I guess.

I mean he is american. He tried his best but it is second nature.

im with jeff, offsides is a stupid rule. if you hang back, you cost your team a defensive player so there's a risk reward to it.

it's not like basketball has been hurting due to this. It seems like a lousy rule invented by someone constantly on the losing end of the game whining that ITS NOT FAIR, like those people who complain that throws aren't fair in fighting games.

Get rid of it and you just end up with a bunch of long ball teams hoofing it up the field at every opportunity. No thanks.

I suspect you don't play or watch soccer - so thanks for coming along and telling us how wrong we have been all this time. You are just lucky FootballGAF has been banned :D

get her a tranq rifle yo. that's the first thing i did

until then, i had her shoot low ranking peeps to cause a ruckus and then marched into bases like a pimp

You can't unless you have a higher buddy rep with her, which means I just have to watch her kill everybody for a long time until it's high enough.

tuxfool

Banned
East should do Madden, NFL and NBA - because they can do a proper QL, but if nobody plays FIFA they might as well go for laughs.

Austin has claimed some knowledge of soccer but I don't think he plays much FIFA.

I think Austin has more familiarity with ProEvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom