• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happening in that clip and why are they doing it?

Okay, so in the mid 90s, the new jersey devils built a dynasty by playing a super boring defensive style of hockey called the trap. it basically keeps the team with the puck from proceeding out of their own zone because you just stack the neutral zone.

A few years ago the Lightning (team in blue) started playing a modified trap called the 1-3-1. One guy on your own blue line, three guys on the center (red) line, and one guy on the opponent's blue line. Same idea. Keep the team with the puck from getting through the neutral zone

So, peter laviolette, the flyer's coach, and a colorful guy (ever seen that POUND THE FUCKING BODY gif? That's him) basically said "yo, this is bullshit, fuck this" and his players agreed, so he told them to basically protest the lightning system by refusing to move the puck into the 1-3-1. Basically daring the lightning to break their system, or get boo'd by their own fans in their own building.

tumblr_inline_mh21zxUcEo1qc252i.gif

that gif.

erawsd

Hopefully Brad doesn't tell Jeff and Austin what to do straight away in the Destiny. It would be cool to see them attempt every encounter blind a few times like we had to when it first released.

I think they talked about that on the bombcast and decided that Brad would just would explain the strat.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Competitive league of legends is dreadful. I'm almost at the point where I want to watch fucking Destiny content from turning this on for ten minutes.

Why are new GAF members so weird? Everytime the amount of weird shit I read goes up I check the join dates and it's recently joined posters.

Myggen

Okay, so in the mid 90s, the new jersey devils built a dynasty by playing a super boring defensive style of hockey called the trap. it basically keeps the team with the puck from proceeding out of their own zone because you just stack the neutral zone.

A few years ago the Lightning (team in blue) started playing a modified trap called the 1-3-1. One guy on your own blue line, three guys on the center (red) line, and one guy on the opponent's blue line. Same idea. Keep the team with the puck from getting through the neutral zone

So, peter laviolette, the flyer's coach, and a colorful guy (ever seen that POUND THE FUCKING BODY gif? That's him) basically said "yo, this is bullshit, fuck this" and his players agreed, so he told them to basically protest the lightning system by refusing to move the puck into the 1-3-1. Basically daring the lightning to break their system, or get boo'd by their own fans in their own building.

Okay, that's pretty cool. I'm on Philly's side there.

Bacon

Competitive league of legends is dreadful. I'm almost at the point where I want to watch fucking Destiny content from turning this on for ten minutes.

The game that's currently being played is the slowest game of the day by far. Go back and watch the c9 game if you want to see some really cool plays

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this FIFA QL. Never would I have thought that the concept of national teams would need an explanation.

KingKong

watching Metal Gear Scanlon 5 just reminds me of how well MGS5 plays. what a game, I thought I'd sour on it after I beat it and had time to think of its flaws but nope, it's just making me want to play it more

Normal Alexander is pretty boring to me ): The third section is fun but everything else is a bit too nothing for me. Even mechanically, I'm not a huge fan of savage minus Liquid Man.

I loved Binding Coil of Bahamut.

I definitely prefer Coil over normal Alexander, I think that I might actually prefer some of the Crystal Tower raids over most of normal Alexander. Alexander has the best music though.

I still can't get over how that game managed to turned itself around

I'll probably tune into this Destiny Raid after Worlds are done for the day, if it really grabs me I might make the decision to get back on PS+ and get Destiny. I'm bored and I need something to play before Fallout 4 comes out.

I don't know if I can go back to 30 frames though.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is what happens when America calls themselves the world champions of American Football.
Or when the "World Series" is a domestic event, I guess.

But still...Hockey against Canada or Russia is a thing, right? So are the Olympics....

AcridMeat

Banned
I'll probably tune into this Destiny Raid after Worlds are done for the day, if it really grabs me I might make the decision to get back on PS+ and get Destiny. I'm bored and I need something to play before Fallout 4 comes out.

I don't know if I can go back to 30 frames though.
Play Undertale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom