• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny deserves some of its criticisms, but it also deserves props for its very good color blind settings. That kind of thing should be a standard.

And now I'm just thinking "man if it were Warframe you could just sail over that gap with a good bullet jump..."

Warframe's mobility gameplay is amazing. Can you imagine if Destiny had Loki's switch teleport?

Zocano

Do they implement new mechanics for the hard versions of raids in Destiny?

Not exactly? Typically just one little extra fuck you thing gets added here and there.

They've been hyping up this one though saying they're rethinking their Heroic raid approach. So we'll just have to wait and see.

this whole raid so far reminds me of like, getting out of halo campaign levels with the "platforming that doesnt look like you should be platforming on it" stuff

Not exactly? Typically just one little extra fuck you thing gets added here and there.

They've been hyping up this one though saying they're rethinking their Heroic raid approach. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Huh, I'm interested to see what they'll do in the future then. Even if I won't see it myself.

Zocano

This room is weirding me out. Why are the ships going like that.

The Hive travel by physically tearing wholes in space time and ripping through dimensions.

The big overall ship they are currently on (the dreadnaught) is like a pocket dimension on its inside and they've entered that into Oryx' domain.

What? This is bad first-person platforming. What are you talking about?

oh yeah, the platforming seems a little shitty, but it just evokes that "out of the way" feeling.

I'm not advocating having shitty platforming in first person shooters, but I have a lot of fond memories basically doing shitty platforming and trying to get out of levels and stuff.

It's the people, not the platforming.

Get rid of it and you just end up with a bunch of long ball teams hoofing it up the field at every opportunity. No thanks.

I suspect you don't play or watch soccer - so thanks for coming along and telling us how wrong we have been all this time. You are just lucky FootballGAF has been banned :D

i mentioned that i watched that dreadful argentina chile match this past summer and how terrible it was to see. That was me watching copa america, yo is that enough cred or nawwww?

Zocano

I really never got the dislike of first person platforming. It's not incredibly complex at all and the window for execution is pretty big.

I used to spend HOURS and HOURS doing this CoD4 out of map glitch. It was just so fun exploring out of bounds and trying to do these tricky little jumps. There were more ways to get out of that map too, but that bridge was a lot of it. I would just hang out with friends in an XBL party while we all tried to do the glitch in the background.

Teddified

To me these just seem to slow down the momentum. And since it's multiplayer you need everyone to get across. Maybe if they allowed everyone else to warp over if like 2-3 people already made it.

oh yeah, the platforming seems a little shitty, but it just evokes that "out of the way" feeling.

I'm not advocating having shitty platforming in first person shooters, but I have a lot of fond memories basically doing shitty platforming and trying to get out of levels and stuff.

It's the people, not the platforming.

Go look up how you find the skulls in Halo games, those are mostly all platforming.

All I was saying is it reminds me of spending hours finding the secret shit in the Halo games, not that the platforming looked fun.

Negative understands.

Ah, I got you. Still seems terrible to me as a primary objective here, but I remember having fun trying to reach weird places in games back in the day.

yeah reminds me of the good old times when I spent 3 hours trying to get that one skull in Halo 3

There was one that required you to rocket jump or grenade jump to get outside the level that took me a stupid amount of time to get.

I used to spend HOURS and HOURS doing this CoD4 out of map glitch. It was just so fun exploring out of bounds and trying to do these tricky little jumps. There were more ways to get out of that map too, but that bridge was a lot of it. I would just hang out with friends in an XBL party while we all tried to do the glitch in the background.

Glitching out of maps in COD 4 in the old school gametype was weirdly entertaining.

i mentioned that i watched that dreadful argentina chile match this past summer and how terrible it was to see. That was me watching copa america, yo is that enough cred or nawwww?

Maybe some cred for that, but you get lots of negative cred for advocating for long ball and saying that it would be exciting. You should be forced to watch the entire 2012 Stoke City Season on loop Clockwork Orange style for making such a claim.

Warframe's mobility gameplay is amazing. Can you imagine if Destiny had Loki's switch teleport?

In the last major update, they introduced entirely new movement mechanics. Switch teleporting is slow now.

SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly.gif

http://gfycat.com/SnoopyWarmBrownbutterfly (better framerate)

There was one that required you to rocket jump or grenade jump to get outside the level that took me a stupid amount of time to get.

Glitching out of maps in COD 4 in the old school gametype was weirdly entertaining.

You talking about the one where you had to shoot the jumping flood creature to get it to drop the skull? The only ones I have specific memories of are the one where you had to jump into a really hard to reach little crevice in some covenant structure, and the one where you had to jump through all the rings in order.

I also have really fond memories of doing the challenge they released in an update where you had to do a bunch of weird shit to unlock four ghosts that you could take through the end of the level instead of the usual warthog.

This Destiny thing seems to REALLY be overstaying its welcome, but I'm just saying that if it were me playing it with five of my friends and not me watching it, i'd probably be having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom