• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Warframe's shooting feels like garbage to me and the end game content when I was playing it was just the same sorta garbage shooting that it was. Making me be able to literally fly through it now won't change my mind about it.

Zocano

I had to leave for about an hour (left when they were at the ship stuff still) and I joked "I'll laugh if they're only at the Basilica, but given that they have people who have beat it before, they're probably at Warpriest".

I was wrong. I was so wrong.

And it makes me happy.

Warframe's shooting feels like garbage to me and the end game content when I was playing it was just the same sorta garbage shooting that it was. Making me be able to literally fly through it now won't change my mind about it.

I think the shooting is going to be a subjective thing, and there is a proper Raid now to call endgame. But that's fair. I just like it because it's free and I like the casting abilities.

I had to leave for about an hour (left when they were at the ship stuff still) and I joked "I'll laugh if they're only at the Basilica, but given that they have people who have beat it before, they're probably at Warpriest".

I was wrong. I was so wrong.

And it makes me happy.
How long do you think this is going to take them?

Zocano

I think the shooting is going to be a subjective thing, and there is a proper Raid now to call endgame. But that's fair. I just like it because it's free and I like the casting abilities.

To be fair, I played it as avidly as I currently play Destiny (think I logged like 100 hours a week for a bit) and I've heard about the actual raids but the grind and farm couldn't win out over my apathy towards the combat. Then Destiny came out and I've never looked back.

Ha, what they're describing right now sounds like the second part of the Warframe raid, that's hilarious.

In the Raid, there's a locked door with a giant screen above it that shines symbols. People have to go and stand on the appropriate pad with the corresponding symbol, and stay there or else anyone on the pads get zapped.

It's one of the most irritating parts of the Raid because one fuck up or an ad knocking you off the pad resets the entire progress.

I really think I would like Destiny. If I get a PS4 on sale during Thanksgiving or Christmas (or as a gift) I'll probably pick it up.

Is it like this throughout? Nothing but mechanics juggling challenges that must be repeated 6-7 times without fail?

At any point do they get into a jeep and drive along an obstacle course within a time limit?

Liamc723

Is it like this throughout? Nothing but mechanics juggling challenges that must be repeated 6-7 times without fail?

At any point do they get into a jeep and drive along an obstacle course within a time limit?

Not 6-7 times, but every boss battle has very certain mechanics involved.

justjim89

I just rolled credits on Witcher 3, and maaaaaan that's a game that does it's ending right. Finishing that and MGSV within two weeks of each other is like when Dexter ended a week before Breaking Bad. One utterly failed and was actively a disservice to all the came before and the other served up a fitting, logical, if not entirely positive end for all characters and story arcs.

At this rate? 8+ hours. This isn't even the hyper complex and mechanically intense part.

edit: That's after this encounter :)
JESUS
I just rolled credits on Witcher 3, and maaaaaan that's a game that does it's ending right. Finishing that and MGSV within two weeks of each other is like when Dexter ended a week before Breaking Bad. One utterly failed and was actively a disservice to all the came before and the other served up a fitting, logical, if not entirely positive end for all characters and story arcs.
Ha, perfect analogy.

Yup.

Welcome to MMO raids!

Not 6-7 times, but every boss battle has very certain mechanics involved.

I've seen stuff like Coils of Bahamut from FF14, but each "coil" was a boss/map with a gimmick to figure out. You set aside 1-2 hours with a group to take on each stage. It wasn't running a gambit that took 6-9 hours to complete.

This thing is patently insane. I'm impressed by the sheer boldness of it.

Zocano

I've seen stuff like Coils of Bahamut from FF14, but each "coil" was a boss/map with a gimmick to figure out. You set aside 1-2 hours with a group to take on each stage. It wasn't running a gambit that took 6-9 hours to complete.

This thing is patently insane. I'm impressed by the sheer boldness of it.

There are checkpoints after each part. You don't need to do it in one sitting.

Alucrid

Banned
"At least it's not stealth."

at least the stealth section was kind of funny watching them die for an hour+

Fobwashed aka Steve Kim, (posts here, does some art stuff for GB), two community guys who have done the raid before.

Fobwashed is the only one i recognize. dunno the other two guys

ah thanks, was thinking they'd found some other industry people like before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom