• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like soccer's offside rule is so difficult to comprehend through text, but if you're looking at it, you're just like "oh."

Because the wording is so weird. It's that "second-to-last defender" bullshit. Just saw you can't be behind the last guy when the ball gets hit to you. the goalie doesn't count.

I feel like soccer's offside rule is so difficult to comprehend through text, but if you're looking at it, you're just like "oh."

Because the wording is so weird. It's that "second-to-last defender" bullshit. Just saw you can't be behind the last guy when the ball gets hit to you. the goalie doesn't count.

Basically, if you want to receive a pass there needs to be two members of the opposing team between you and the end line when the pass is made.

faridmon

Offside rule is still complicated even for us footie fans. There alot of secondary bullshit that makes the whole thing confusing, such as if the player was intended to receive the ball or not, or if he is coming back from offside. But yeah generally speaking its just that the opposing team should not be behind your last defender

danm999

Offside rule is basically to stop cherry picking so a forward doesn't sit next to the goals and wait for a pass. It ensures the forward has to get by at least one defender to make play interesting.

justjim89

Austin is putting in work with these indie reviews, good on him. Both those games sound really interesting.

Did they kill the Destiny?

RE_Player

That raid did more harm than good in my opinion for Drew and Dan. After seeing that I doubt they'll want to devote serious time to Destiny.

That raid did more harm than good in my opinion for Drew and Dan. After seeing that I doubt they'll want to devote serious time to Destiny.

I have to wonder if they'll eventually release higher level gear, or gear equivalent in level to the raid stuff but is available outside of the raid, so that people will have an easier time with it.

I wonder how many hours of Destiny they have recorded for the site since release.

Release day streams
DLC QL's
Raid 1 and Raid 2.
TTK QL.
Various UPF appearances and a handful of random Brad streams.

Got to be least 30 hours worth by now.

Zocano

I have to wonder if they'll eventually release higher level gear, or gear equivalent in level to the raid stuff but is available outside of the raid, so that people will have an easier time with it.

I imagine this will only be through Trials of Osiris (super hardcore as fuck PvP mode)

StoveOven

Banned

Sounds like it did more good than harm.

But on a serious note, I think it will definitely discourage Drew, but maybe not Dan. I feel like there's something about the idea behind the raid that might entice Dan even more now.

Zocano

Sounds like it did more good than harm.

But on a serious note, I think it will definitely discourage Drew, but maybe not Dan. I feel like there's something about the idea behind the raid that might entice Dan even more now.

Drew's problem would be that he'd play on Xbox One. He'd have to have a crew set up for it right away otherwise it's a wasteland.

justjim89

What's the difference between Destiny and Warframe? Because they seem pretty similar on the surface and Warframe looks a lot more compelling.

Joeku

For shits and gigs I looked back at the CDI stream (Inca stuff is great) and the Thunder in Paradise game made me google some stuff and then realize something:

I could build a dedicated Suburban Commando room in my home for around $300. Posters, a CRT TV, various formats of the movie, a boombox with the soundtrack...I feel like I've found my calling. I wonder if Blockbuster ever had a standee I could dig up.

What's the difference between Destiny and Warframe? Because they seem pretty similar on the surface and Warframe looks a lot more compelling.

Loot and leveling systems are very different, gun and character modding to personal taste, crafting mechanics because F2P, but everything game important is freely obtainable including some cosmetics (most are behind special currency). Space combat mode too. I mean, shit's free to install and try out, no harm in doing so. Giant Bomb Heavy Industries is a very active clan.

Been trying out some of the new stuff that dropped tonight. It's pretty nice so far.

MG310

For shits and gigs I looked back at the CDI stream (Inca stuff is great) and the Thunder in Paradise game made me google some stuff and then realize something:

I could build a dedicated Suburban Commando room in my home for around $300. Posters, a CRT TV, various formats of the movie, a boombox with the soundtrack...I feel like I've found my calling. I wonder if Blockbuster ever had a standee I could dig up.

There's a 2 foot or so tall full body Hogan standee with suction cups attached to it.

Joeku

There's a 2 foot or so tall full body Hogan standee with suction cups attached to it.

Not good enough. When I worked at Blockbuster in Canada before it shut down, we would get standees that were almost as tall as me (6') once in a while.

I need to be able to lock eyes with early 90's Space Hulkster or it's no go on this sad project, brother.

Tubobutts

I'm guessing they didn't record the NBA Live quick look before Alex left. Now I have to wait two weeks to learn about THE HOOP GAWD.

Joeku

You mean NBA 2k16? That's on the site

Naw, seeing the trainwreck that is the fantastic return of NBA Live is its own special thing.

And by the way, Breeze, I'm not done arguing MGSV with you. I'm genuinely thinking of finding a cheap PC copy of the game and comparing the stealth in it to GZ and what I feel are more successful recent stealth games on video.

I swear to god, I played the first few hours of Sniper Elite 3 earlier and had more stealthy fun with that than I did with a large chunk of MGSV, or at least what my memory of that experience collectively is.

That raid was bananas.

It really is @_@ Good job roughing it out~!

Naw, seeing the trainwreck that is the fantastic return of NBA Live is its own special thing.

And by the way, Breeze, I'm not done arguing MGSV with you. I'm genuinely thinking of finding a cheap PC copy of the game and comparing the stealth in it to GZ and what I feel are more successful recent stealth games on video.

I swear to god, I played the first few hours of Sniper Elite 3 earlier and had more stealthy fun with that than I did with a large chunk of MGSV, or at least what my memory of that experience collectively is.

Oh, I was done arguing with you a day ago >_>

AcridMeat

Banned
I just caught Austin's review of The Beginner's Guide on the site, heck yes this sounds special. The Stanley Parable is one of my favorite game stories in recent memory.

Joeku

And that's fine, that's like your opinion man.

I know, I know. Internet, etc. I'll never change your mind but in my heart I'm right and you're wrong, and I have a deep urge to correct that and keep the universe in balance. Not in the way the Jedi were wrong, but the way the Jedi believed they were right.

I know, I know. Internet, etc. I'll never change your mind but in my heart I'm right and you're wrong, and I have a deep urge to correct that and keep the universe in balance. Not in the way the Jedi were wrong, but the way the Jedi believed they were right.

The universe is already in balance, because the universe has acknowledged that your heart is wrong.

I wish they would bring Danny in when they do American sports Quick Looks. I think that could be really fun. Then again, he already seems pretty familiar with Madden. Maybe MLB: The Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom