• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeshakag

Just watched the Madden 16 QL. Huh, this actually looks way better than 15 and 14. Seems much more polished, it actually looks good (animations and stuff, better camera simulation, good crowd) and seems to have some cool new features. I haven't bought a Madden game since 06 so I might pick this one up eventually.

Edit: Regarding the video asset package that Vinny and Alex mentioned, it's totally true.

MLB World Series broadcast package tends to convey a sense of old time 1920's classic baseball, the smell of fresh cut grass and old leather/bats and stuff. Definitely in line with the marketing of the series moniker, "The Fall Classic". Use of "blue collar" fonts.

ABC's NBA Championship video packages always has some jazz, funk or hiphop, lots of gold or and wooden color, alluding to the era of 1970's and 1980's basketball. Cursive writing.

Whoever broadcasts the Super Bowl always goes all out on the future, bombastic spaceman stuff. Even the overlays unfold and make noises like some poor autobot that should have been aborted.

William

The Gamespot playthrough of Until Dawn is great, that game seems really cool and Mary gets really into it. Also Danny's Fallout playthrough is a lot of fun too. Gamespot peeps are excellent for this Lets Play style streaming stuff, I wish they would do it more often.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The Gamespot playthrough of Until Dawn is great, that game seems really cool and Mary gets really into it. Also Danny's Fallout playthrough is a lot of fun too. Gamespot peeps are excellent for this Lets Play style streaming stuff, I wish they would do it more often.

I get the impression that Danny and Mary really want to move towards a more video-based approach (basically Giant Bomb-lite) but they receive a lot of resistance due to the nature of Gamespot as it is right now and as it has been. Just a hunch though!

Volotaire

Guys... I'm about to change job which mean I will most likely have to change phone....

I've been an iPhone user since day 1 (started with a 4 then changed to a 5c).

Now I'm looking at my options... I could by an iPhone 6 or maybe go fucking wild and switch to Android... I could get an HTC One for half the price. I'm kinda scared of Android tho lol... I know nothing and never used it. I'm sure I could get used to it quickly but still.. It's daunting lol.

Also have no idea if the HTC One M9 is good... It has good reviews on Google but who knows.

DO not get the HTC One M9. There are far better options for a phone that reportedly overheats and is underclocked due to the SD 810 chip problems.

Can you wait until the end of next month? You will see the Xperia Z5 and Z5C, the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and a few other minor updates.

What do you want out of a phone? What's your budget like?

Volotaire

What about the Nexus phones? I always just want the basic Android without the third party bloat and I've been enjoying it so far.

The Nexus 6 has not only got a huge screen (which may turn off most users), but the battery life is questionable for a large device.

The Nexus line are great, but at the time the Nexus 6 was launched, it was quite expensive relative to other flagships and had other compromises at that pricepoint. I would suggest waiting on a Nexus until October (there are two out this year), but Mega says he has to get a phone in a week.

Him goofing and saying "morning musume" but not giving a shit just made me lose it

jeff's frame of reference for jpop is so specific to a certain chunk of time that it's obvious that he went down a dark hole for just a little while and then crawled back out

every time he references SMAP it cracks me up

Jintor

jeff's frame of reference for jpop is so specific to a certain chunk of time that it's obvious that he went down a dark hole for just a little while and then crawled back out

every time he references SMAP it cracks me up

Mandatory relink to that cover he did in phonetic Japanese

Megasoum

Banned
DO not get the HTC One M9. There are far better options for a phone that reportedly overheats and is underclocked due to the SD 810 chip problems.

Can you wait until the end of next month? You will see the Xperia Z5 and Z5C, the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and a few other minor updates.

Yeah I can't really wait since I'll be losing my corporate phone next week and I obviously need a phone after that lol.

I'd like to go with the same company I use as an ISP and TV provider here so here are my choices: http://www.videotron.com/residential/mobile/devices-and-accessories#tab/catTelephones

I'm leaning heavily towards the Moto X Play right now. Everyting i've seen online last night about it is super positive and can't beat the price at 0$.

I'm still waiting to see how much it will cost me if I want to keep my old phone number (the one on the corporate account) and I bet that phone company (not the same as the one where I want to go to) will be more than happy to charge me a lot of money for that...ugh.

I promise you the Moto X is a solid phone. minimal bloatware usually, excellent construction, usually quick to get upgrades. unless you're looking for some very specific features, it's a good choice for almost anyone.

Megasoum

Banned
I promise you the Moto X is a solid phone. minimal bloatware usually, excellent construction, usually quick to get upgrades. unless you're looking for some very specific features, it's a good choice for almost anyone.

Yeah that's what I heard from everybody online too.

I'm just waiting for IT now to know how much Bell will charge me to keep my number... I have a feeling it will be something like 200$ and this is such bullshit...ugh

Btw... How do you do backups and restores on Android? Do each brand has it's own software or something?

depends on what you want to back up. your google account will keep a backup of all your settings and contacts, etc. when i upgraded, it even downloaded my wifi settings from my old phone. if you just want a copy of stuff on your computer you can just drag and drop. it's stone simple.

I've also been looking at the new Moto X models and they seem pretty great, but I'll probably wait until Nexus 5 before I make my decision.

repeater

I feel like everyone pronounces it that way that is not familiar with the real pronunciation . I sometimes add an extra "a," just cause. Storm-a-mare!

I don't think I ever heard the actually pronunciation (at least according to Wikipedia) spoken by anyone in UK/US media.
I should preface this by saying that it (obviously) isn't a big deal in any way. (I couldn't pronounce "Militaires sans frontieres" properly to save my life!). I think the "proper" swedish pronounciation (which is indeed given in the Wikipedia clip you linked) is probably a bit too unnatural for native english speakers; but I'd think there would be more natural "anglified" pronounciations of the name that would be less far off the mark than the "Storm'heir" one. :p

Do any US people not familiar with the name know how to pronounce "Aoife"

Being from Northern Ireland I find some Irish names completely impenetrable, they are from an entirely different language after all, you do learn a few of the more common ones as Aoife is, along with things like Clodagh, Niamh and Siobhan.

Edit: Also most people do tend to use a more Anglicised version of their name now. I have noticed a move to people from Northern Ireland using the Irish version of their name as well, mainly on social media.

My M9 is fine. It's only throttled if you have power save mode on. You can choose what you want in the developer options.

As for names...there's definitely a trend in Scotland to go back the the original spelling/Gaelic perhaps in contrast to redmethod's experience.

It's all that unionist propaganda! :p

I have to say kudos to the Madden folks. that's the first time i've seen the game where the animations looked so good that i felt I was actually looking at the real thing at times. Sure, if you look close enough the animations break plenty of times but on first blush it looks damn good.

somewhat less powerful, somewhat worse screen, but better battery. as long as you're not planning to do a bunch of gaming (and even then you're probably ok) it's still an excellent phone. especially for free.

Still the best thing he's ever done musically next to Mattress Disco.

��~Wishing youuu were heeere in jail, Kiss one more time yeah~��

Tommy kind of sings with a weird accent (almost like a fake american accent) so Jeff is imitating a japanese woman imitating an american...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been on a tommy february6 binge recently thanks to that song.

That song was the only good tommy february6 song.

February & heavenly is ok I guess.

rakhir

Tommy kind of sings with a weird accent (almost like a fake american accent) so Jeff is imitating a japanese woman imitating an american...
Is that fake imitation or her actual accent? I always wandered about that.

I think it's really funny that Jeff sings 'in jail'.

I hate you.

Is that fake imitation or her actual accent? I always wandered about that.

She has a totally normal manner of speech. first time I heard her speak was several years after first hearing her music and it weirded me out a little. it sounds NOTHING like the spoken word parts on her albums. so I've always assumed it's a put-on accent like the Green Day guy.

Antiwhippy

I dunno man, I thought her sound would be that sort of fuzzy dreaminess in that song, but it was all just some pretty generic electro pop.

Megasoum

Banned
somewhat less powerful, somewhat worse screen, but better battery. as long as you're not planning to do a bunch of gaming (and even then you're probably ok) it's still an excellent phone. especially for free.

Yeah the price is hard to beat. I pretty much never play games on my iPhone so I assume I will even less on an Android phone anyway...

It's a work phone/Neogaf machine anyway.

I dunno man, I thought her sound would be that sort of fuzzy dreaminess in that song, but it was all just some pretty generic electro pop.

the 80's pop throwback stuff is super in vogue now but she did it a decade before and miles better than pretty much anybody. that first album is basically Japanese Cyndi Lauper and it's glorious. there's plenty of generic stuff across her career but that album is untouchable, imo.

I only like about 1/10 of Heavenly6 songs, but when she's on point, she's on point

Jintor

I've been on a tommy february6 binge recently thanks to that song.

February & heavenly is ok I guess.

i regret discovering this.

her other band also kinda rubbishy

still... it's not ALL bad. I just gotta get around to moving those songs out into their own playlist at some point

LiK

looking forward to Mario Party Party archive. hopefully the audio won't be too much of a mess with the audience.

She's also a juggalo apparently.

woop woop

NlUvbhu.gif

Antiwhippy

There is something about Asian girls with light brown hair that, y'know, just makes you feel like life is worth living again.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
That girl's tie knot is awful would not bang. Please don't turn this thread into a post asian girl gifs thing :/

Can't wait for MPP5! The live dynamic could really add a layer of cringe to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom