• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Although the Youtube Gaming UI is questionable given how 'busy' it is, I do love that it is much easier to search through archived content for two reasons. The first is that the tabs for each type of video content per producer is easily viewable, accessible and quick to load. It might be useful to add a search button within each category to make searching even easier. However, this is much better than Twitch. The second is given that Twitch players usually archive streams on YouTube, there is a near exhaustive list of content available.

Moreover, the stability, reliability and DVR functionality of YT livestreams means it makes it my preferable place to watch livestreams or search for content. I hope it grows fruitfully in the future.

Myggen

Although the Youtube Gaming UI is questionable given how 'busy' it is, I do love that it is much easier to search through archived content for two reasons. The first is that the tabs for each type of video content per producer is easily viewable, accessible and quick to load. It might be useful to add a search button within each category to make searching even easier. However, this is much better than Twitch. The second is given that Twitch players usually archive streams on YouTube, there is a near exhaustive list of content available.

Moreover, the stability, reliability and DVR functionality of YT livestreams means it makes it my preferable place to watch livestreams or search for content. I hope it grows fruitfully in the future.

Yeah, Twitch's technology is garbage compared to YT. I at least hope Twitch gets a HTML5 player soon.

The YT Gaming channel rules is a bit eh though, from teh looks of it if anything content id matches they take down your stream, as opposed to muting archives of it like Twitch.

That's the downside ._.

Volotaire

The YT Gaming channel rules is a bit eh though, from teh looks of it if anything content id matches they take down your stream, as opposed to muting archives of it like Twitch.

That's the downside ._.

Oh, I completely forgot about the creator standpoint. I wonder if this would affect GB. They're not part of a MCN on YouTube or a publisher partner program, but are allowed to make and comment on content on their own website and Twitch. I would guess they have a deal, helped by the fact they're part of CBS, to prevent this. They are probably monetising on all their YT content.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

That's the downside ._.

Wow, is that the policy? That's super harsh. It basically means any of the big streamers that play music over their games (Dota 2, Hearthstone, LoL, etc) will never ever show up on YTGaming. Most of those people all have random licensed music playing over their stuff. Unless all of them are licensing on the back end (some might have deals or play royalty free stuff, but lets be real, that isn't happening) it will impact those communities big time.

1 screw up and your channel is done? No one is going to take those terms no matter how good the tech is.

Wasn't the whole thing that she sacrificed herself and her reputation to keep the US looking good?

To her it was simply the matter of Loyalty. Loyalty to her unit, to herself, to her comrades. She keeps questioning Big Boss about it because he just follows what the US tells him. She tells him that it's about loyalty, to her, to his comrades. Todays ally is tomorrows enemy. In a way, when she's telling BB to be loyal, it's sort of mocking, but it's also reminding him that he has to kill her because that is how BB defines loyalty. She was hoping to teach BB a lesson through this, that blind loyalty isn't good. That if BB is loyal to anyone, it should foremost be himself, that he should live how he wants to and not loyal to any country that can change sides at any moment. That BB has to be able to make choices for himself.

Basically 'Do as I say, not as I do' I suppose of sorts. She didn't want BB to fall victim like she did, being a scapegoat for Volgin and having to die for him setting off the nuke.

With that in mind, didn't Big Boss successfully understand her point then? What with founding multiple organizations that had no loyalty to anyone but themselves. I thought the whole thing was that Zero and BB misinterpreted her will in different ways. I guess Big Boss was closer to the mark but still ultimately wrong?

Zaph

Oh, I completely forgot about the creator standpoint. I wonder if this would affect GB. They're not part of a MCN on YouTube or a publisher partner program, but are allowed to make and comment on content on their own website and Twitch. I would guess they have a deal, helped by the fact they're part of CBS, to prevent this. They are probably monetising on all their YT content.

Going by Youtube history, I'd say no deal/partnership/arrangement can stop you getting screwed over by their nonsense. I doubt it'll be much of a problem for GB though - they don't upload trailers to YT and most of their live streams that could be flagged are Premium.

With that in mind, didn't Big Boss successfully understand her point then? What with founding multiple organizations that had no loyalty to anyone but themselves. I thought the whole thing was that Zero and BB misinterpreted her will in different ways. I guess Big Boss was closer to the mark but still ultimately wrong?

I dunno if PW retconned that aspect from MGS4(Since it was only mentioned by Big Mama that they both misinterpreted her), but yeah they were both off the mark. Zero wanted total control, and thus in a way creating 'loyalty' that way by creating a sort of Big Brother utopia, whilst BB wanted the opposite, to have a threatening force on a global scale that works for the highest bidder, but in the end always having loyalty only for themselves.(That is, until the events of MG1/MG2 where BB stops leading a mercenary group and wants to become a superpower of sorts).

I mean...the definition of Outer Heaven has changed so much in terms of what their goal is. First it's a soldiers utopia, then they try to be the deterrence of war, and MGSV is setting it up that Diamond Dogs are against Cipher/Skullface whilst retaining merc status?

Volotaire

Going by Youtube history, I'd say no deal/partnership/arrangement can stop you getting screwed over by their nonsense. I doubt it'll be much of a problem for GB though - they don't upload trailers to YT and most of their live streams that could be flagged are Premium.

That's true. I was thinking of the most aggressive firms such as Nintendo. It makes me wonder if all their Nintendo content has been content ID'd (although this would be a small percentage of the YT coverage).

I'm almost certain its just the controls that are HTML5.

As I said I do not have flash installed on Safari, I have their html5 controls controlling an html5 video. Probably a beta version for flash-less browsers before they offer it as a selectable version for everyone. I think the quality is still stuck at auto for the moment, though.

A couple weeks ago all I would get was the html5 native player, which was a little janky.

screenshot:

kXzIlSv.png

As I said I do not have flash installed on Safari, I have their html5 controls controlling an html5 video. Probably a beta version for flash-less browsers before they offer it as a selectable version for everyone. I think the quality is still stuck at auto for the moment, though.

A couple weeks ago all I would get was the html5 native player, which was a little hanky.

screenshot:

To be fair you said "fleshless"

:p

OSX/Safari and, I believe, Edge support HLS streaming.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Anybody else just type fleshless into their phone to see if it was recognized as a real word without some prior prompting of "No, god dammit, how many times do I have to tell you it's F-L-E-S-H-L-E-S-S?"

Just me?

I'ev always wondered if Kojima does his own tweeting in English or if he has someone who translates his Japanese tweets for him.

Not out of like "oh he probably doesn't speak english very well" but im just thinkin it would probably be annoying to have to maintain two separate twitter accounts in two languages.

I'ev always wondered if Kojima does his own tweeting in English or if he has someone who translates his Japanese tweets for him.

Not out of like "oh he probably doesn't speak english very well" but im just thinkin it would probably be annoying to have to maintain two separate twitter accounts in two languages.
I've wondered that too but then sometimes completely different things are posted on the different accounts. The mystery deepens

Megasoum

Banned
Guys... I'm about to change job which mean I will most likely have to change phone....

I've been an iPhone user since day 1 (started with a 4 then changed to a 5c).

Now I'm looking at my options... I could by an iPhone 6 or maybe go fucking wild and switch to Android... I could get an HTC One for half the price. I'm kinda scared of Android tho lol... I know nothing and never used it. I'm sure I could get used to it quickly but still.. It's daunting lol.

Also have no idea if the HTC One M9 is good... It has good reviews on Google but who knows.

Megasoum

Banned
Motorola x.

If you have apps on the apple ecosystem though you might as well stick with it.

Hmmm... They actually have the Moto X Play and it's free (on contract obviously) instead of 99$ for the HTC or 200$ for the iPhone 6... Hmmm...

It's a 5.5in tho... That's kinda big.

Guys... I'm about to change job which mean I will most likely have to change phone....

I've been an iPhone user since day 1 (started with a 4 then changed to a 5c).

Now I'm looking at my options... I could by an iPhone 6 or maybe go fucking wild and switch to Android... I could get an HTC One for half the price. I'm kinda scared of Android tho lol... I know nothing and never used it. I'm sure I could get used to it quickly but still.. It's daunting lol.

Also have no idea if the HTC One M9 is good... It has good reviews on Google but who knows.
DEALWATCH: Amazon Fire phones will probably be pretty cheap in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom