• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Hmm, I dunno if Jeff has the heart of a monster to pull off an asshole level that reaches this height.

He does I think. When they make their stream levels Dan's ideas are chaotic evil, whereas Jeff's are lawful evil.

And Drew is the evilest of all in that he lets it all happen.

tchocky

Jason Oestreicher ‏@unastrike 1h1 hour ago
@Fobwashed @DanRyckert @patrickklepek oh god. Is he doing The Voice? The irritating, talking to a baby Voice?

Steve Kim ‏@Fobwashed 59m59 minutes ago
@unastrike @DanRyckert @patrickklepek All hell is breaking loose

Jason Oestreicher ‏@unastrike 57m57 minutes ago
@Fobwashed @DanRyckert @patrickklepek somebody call periscope and get him off the air. Shut it down.

kAmui-

They raised over 10k? That's amazing. That much money for a stupid mario maker feud is pretty funny. Also good for them for splitting the money between the two charities!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I had my doubts along the way, but I always believed in scooper's resolve

Kelas

How many viewers did it get? Sounds like it was popular.

I only caught the very end after he beat it, and I think there were 3k+ watching at the time.

I'm looking forward to a best of highlights video. The stream was long but the high points were something else.

Hey, remember when Patrick
ran into the flames right at the end?
Good times.

danm999

Lets start a GoFundMe to somehow force the US government to change Dan's name to Baby Danny Scoops.

I'm sure that's legal right?

LegoArmo

7k on Patrick's twitch
2k on Dan periscope

I like when actual gaming journalists/enthusiast press stream on Twitch and constantly get accused of view botting.

Like "this is our turf, what are you doing here, you couldn't possibly get this many views legitimately"

Kelas

I'd watch a stream of vinny playing fighting fantasy cyoa books

They can borrow some of mine

There was a mobile game dev making official versions of these. The ps1 deathtrap dungeon game on the other hand was a huge pile of shit iirc and controlled terribly. That would be an interesting game to watch someone try to complete.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I must say though, with this dumb feud and crowdsourced Mario maker, Dan continues his output of video series that seems OK in concept yet turns out amazing in execution.

Zaph

Just catching up, sounds like an awesome stream. Good job Patrick - great content happens when you play along with Dan's nonsense.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Patrick did it? Damn it I knew I shouldn't have slept at all ever.

Zoggy

theres still gonna tons of discussion on whether patrick cheated or not lol.

I cannot wait for the bevy of videos from the Ryckoning Truthers who must be primed and ready to blow this thing wide open.

POW BLOCKS CANT MELT STEEL BEAMS

Jothel

People saying earlier that Dans internet messed up right after they saw his Skype on the stream and how those two were connected... What's that about?

Zaph

People saying earlier that Dans internet messed up right after they saw his Skype on the stream and how those two were connected... What's that about?

If you are even a slightly popular twitch streamer and show a skype account on screen, you will get DDOS'd almost immediately. Most steamers either don't use it, or open a new account and share the name with very few people.

Jothel

If you are even a slightly popular twitch streamer and show a skype account on screen, you will get DDOS'd almost immediately. Most steamers either don't use it, or open a new account and share the name with very few people.
Wow you can DDOS with just a Skype name?!

Wow you can DDOS with just a Skype name?!

It's an old exploit that Skype used to have, not sure if it still exists but it wouldn't surprise me because that software went to shit after it became an ad-laden mess so sell to Microsoft.

I'm sad I missed the conclusion but I was way too tired to participate in the stream any longer. Sounds like it was a hell of an emotional roller coaster at the end there. What did Patrick challenge Dan with?

Zabant

Probably already been mentioned, but seeing Vinny reach out and ask for requests for games to play on video has me really excited about the future.

A return to the random PC game format would be some serious wish fullfilment for me, a return to what was in my opinion; some of the best content the guys ever did. (along with the Endurance runs, which some are also suggesting in that thread PERSONA 3 PLZ)

Contradiction really had that feeling of the old days of playing games like Phantasmagoria, and I think it's safe to say that the community reception to that series from the GBeast crew was incredibly positive.

Heimbeck

Banned
I was listening to the bombcast and I think it's weird how Jeff thinks 360 dominated the last generation.
It was a great step up sales wise then the original Xbox, but outside of the US it didn't seem to gain that much ground.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was listening to the bombcast and I think it's weird how Jeff thinks 360 dominated the last generation.
It was a great step up sales wise then the original Xbox, but outside of the US it didn't seem to gain that much ground.

But it sold a shit ton in the US.

They are still a pretty US centric crew.

That's just the way it goes, they (and any other US based media) only really care about how the market looks like in the US. In the US the 360 sold over 50% more than the PS3.

Though Jeff's brought the PS3's overseas performance up a few times when they've talked about sales before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom