• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I really hope someone on the staff finishes SOMA. That game is so good, especially the ending. Really leaves you with some haunting questions.

It's a shame the protagonist is such an unlikable, ignorant dick.

Joeku

I really hope someone on the staff finishes SOMA. That game is so good, especially the ending. Really leaves you with some haunting questions.

I want to play it but my PC crashes after an hour in any 3d-accelerated game. How long is it?

So good! I hope Austin plays it. I think Alex would enjoy it, too. And Vinny.

I guess I just think BEast would appreciate the game more? I can't see Jeff or Dan enjoying it much. Maybe Brad?
I want to play it but my PC crashes after an hour in any 3d-accelerated game. How long is it?

That sucks! It took me 12 hours to play through.

Didn't Alex say he was gonna get back to it after he got home from his trip?

Myggen

Looks like it's related to that video he posted on twitter
https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/649920567705866242

thatsmyfetishz4phw.gif

GBeast playing Life is Strange has to be one of my favorite things GB has done. I really hope they play through this series because that game gets pretty fucking crazy.

Speaking of fetishes, I've been playing a lot of the Corpse Party series recently and if you have a weirdo disgusting fetish, then it's probably in there somewhere.

For example, I just unlocked a chapter about people eating obscene amounts of cake that mentions "food babies" and becoming bigger than a sumo wrestler. In a horror game. It's also an hour long for some reason. I'm on to you, Corpse Party.

What an age we live in.

I haven't gotten around to Flash yet but Daredevil is fucking good.

I would watch Flash first, because if you watch Daredevil before it you will realize how garbage Flash is in comparison.

Daredevil is better but season 2 of The Flash is airing now so you should watch The Flash first to catch up.

Hmm, I think I'll watch Daredevil then. There's too many shows I haven't seen to watch ones that aren't good.

Hmm, why can't you all just have the same opinion so I'm not conflicted?

I like Flash more as a superhero, conceptually, but I don't have much patience for not good stuff.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't seen the Flash show, but I would probably go for the one less reliant on special effects. After Quicksilver in X-Men and Avengers, the Flash would have to be crazy underwhelming on a CW show. So that's my completely uninformed opinion.

I like Flash more as a superhero, conceptually, but I don't have much patience for not good stuff.

The Flash has a much lighter tone and the dynamic of the cast is terrific. A lot of fan service done great.

I haven't seen the Flash show, but I would probably go for the one less reliant on special effects. After Quicksilver in X-Men and Avengers, the Flash would have to be crazy underwhelming on a CW show. So that's my completely uninformed opinion.

You'd be surprised how good it can get. There are rough spots, but man, when it's good it's good

Flash and Daredevil are both great for completely different reasons

i loved the focus Daredevil put on the villains, in that regard it actually reminded me of other tv dramas like The Wire and stuff like that

Flash on the other hand is just extremely fun and entertaining, and the characters are all super loveable. the Barry/Joe relationship is endearing as fuck

Messiah

Okay played through the available content of Life is Strange for now after buying it after their stream yesterday.

Really hope GBeast keep on playing, would be a shame if it didn't get any mention during the GOTY deliberations.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Daredevil is the best live-action superhero adaptation period. Compared to the other crap on TV it's not even a fair contest.

Zornack

I can't get over how nonchalant he is. Really enjoying the game, though.

Daredevil is the best live-action superhero adaptation period. Compared to the other crap on TV it's not even a fair contest.

Yeah DD was great.

Last post about The Flash
What duckroll had to say

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181641903&postcount=1616
Started watching this last week, caught up in time for the latest episode. The scope of what they're willing to do in a season is really impressive. Tons of villains, lots of easter eggs, and a really cohesive and satisfying plotline. In particular
Captain Cold
and
Grodd
were really well done. The entire
Reverse Flash
arc throughout the season was fantastically executed. Tons of respect for the showrunners for how they're willing to embrace all the cheesiness of Flash and play it with a straight face. The mileage they get out of the TV budget effects is really surprising too. Probably some of the best effects in a superhero TV series.

If you can't trust duckroll, who can you trust? The dude is straight up anime.

Now that Flash is on Netflix, do I watch that or Daredevil first?

If you want a gritty crime show that happens in a comic universe, watch Daredevil first.

If you want a comic book-ass comic book show about comic characters being awesome, watch Flash first.

If it's a tie, winner goes to the one with Tom Cavanaugh.

popo

Hate to be the practical one - but watch the first three eps of both and then see how you feel. Flash has 10 more episodes, but both series are about the same length if you FF through the garbage love interest melodrama in Flash.

hamchan

If you want a gritty crime show that happens in a comic universe, watch Daredevil first.

If you want a comic book-ass comic book show about comic characters being awesome, watch Flash first.

Should be noted that both shows are very faithful to their respective comic books.

Anyways, The Flash benefits from being a fast paced CW TV show. Even when you feel something doesn't work they're immediately onto the next thing.

I like both shows a lot. Daredevil is definitely the more premium feeling show though.

popo

Can we just all agree that Arrow sucks? I mean the ten minutes of action per episode are okay but you have to sit through an awful lot of teen soap for it. The first season especially.

Can we just all agree that Arrow sucks? I mean the ten minutes of action per episode are okay but you have to sit through an awful lot of teen soap for it. The first season especially.

Arrow is fine. Season 3 was pretty bleh, but the current season is miles better already.

hamchan

I'll be honest with everyone. I highly enjoy all these teen soapy shows from the CW. The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Flash, Arrow, Reign, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Supernatural, I like all these shows.

I also like anime, wrestling and Giant Bomb so this is no surprise.

popo

I'll be honest with everyone. I highly enjoy all these teen soapy shows from the CW. The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Flash, Arrow, Reign, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Supernatural, I like all these shows.

No shame. If that is what you like, then that is what you like. Even if it is anime you like.

Messiah

Wow, you blasted right through that.

Had a day off and the story is pretty enthralling after it gets going I found.

The time mechanic, which seemed really interesting to me after watching the stream especially after hearing a lot of praise for the game's story here on GAF pushed me over the edge to give it a shot. I'm glad I did.

Certainly didn't expect to like it so much after only seeing some footage and screenshots of the tacky dialogue before the stream.

CW is pretty legit overall

i thought Arrow season 1 was alright, but season 2 lost me pretty early on

still think Jane The Virgin is still the best CW show

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the use of "gritty" to describe anything.

it's so fucking empty. And it doesn't communicate anything about the quality of anything. The word has been thoroughly killed by overuse, like "epic".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom