• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #17 | Baby Dan Wyckert

Status
Not open for further replies.
no 7 year old wants to be Jake Lloyd, every 7 year old wants to be Harrison Ford, etc

8y5ABu4.gif

BearPawB

Banned
HOLY moly.
Just beat the first "boss" in undertale (thanks again Pliskin!) And then something occurred that has made me laugh harder than anything in any game ever.

I just had to put it down, because i was enjoying it too much and dont want to rush it

HOLY moly.
Just beat the first "boss" in undertale (thanks again Pliskin!) And then something occurred that has made me laugh harder than anything in any game ever.

I just had to put it down, because i was enjoying it too much and dont want to rush it

at that rate the game is going to take you 50 hours.

Yup it's great.

Also, anyone who's considering it, don't bothering looking at the comments section. Just lots of trolling.

Life is Strange is pretty solid, but I don't know if it's going to translate well into an actual video series. The strengths of that game mostly reside in its atmosphere and how well it evokes that Twin Peaks sense of mysticism, which isn't the easiest to play off of with 3 people sitting in a recording room. I just hope it doesn't turn into each episode being 2 hours of "eh" with 5 minutes of "WTF". I'm still on Team Phantasmagoria 2.

This thread had convinced me that Life is Strange is a game I should play. Seeing as Phantasmagoria is one of my favorite video features on the site, I'd much rather they play through 2 than LiS.

DamnBoxes

HOLY moly.

Oh nice, had no idea you were the one who won Pliskin's giveaway.

I find that game only gets better as the story progresses, hope you end up feeling the same way.

Yo Life is Strange people can you confirm or deny a prediction of mine:

Is Stupid Sexy Teacher responsible for Rachel Amber's disappearance?

I want to get into Life is Strange since I really like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, but the GBEast playthrough didn't really inspire much confidence. Hopefully the next episode is better because honestly nothing about the story makes me want to keep watching. The basic mechanic seems neat, but I really don't like any of the characters nor do I find them as engaging as the unlikable characters in Until Dawn.

I want to get into Life is Strange since I really like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us, but the GBEast playthrough didn't really inspire much confidence. Hopefully the next episode is better because honestly nothing about the story makes me want to keep watching. The basic mechanic seems neat, but I really don't like any of the characters nor do I find them as engaging as the unlikable characters in Until Dawn.

But hella! Photography! Time Travel!

Episode 1 is easily the weakest because of the nothingness happening and the cringe dialogue. When the story actually gets going, it goes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Until Dawn characters almost feel like they're happy with how terrible they are except for Sam

Life Is Strange feels like every character is Sam

GBEast's stream has convinced me to pick Life is Strange back up. Now that I'm done with MGS V, LiS will be a nice change in pace when I'm in between Destiny matches. I can't even think of where I'm up to, last thing I remember is snooping around in
Chloe's
house. Really enjoyed the overall atmosphere and style of LiS, looking forward to getting back into it.

BearPawB

Banned
Am I crazy for thinking Guitar Hero Live looks pretty cool?
Rockband 4 looked ok, but like so much of the same that it didn't seem worth the money.
And i never really got into the drums.

But man, i could go for a guitar rhythm game right now

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Jeff was talking about how the super expert levels packed in with SMM didn't scare him any more. I don't doubt it.

He's right about those. The levels are like two or three screens wide and weren't actually that difficult at all. It's only a handful of obstacles. Compared to even some normal levels online they weren't any problem.

Anjin M

Rockband 4 looked ok, but like so much of the same that it didn't seem worth the money.

There is something audacious about that crazy FMV mode. It may end up terrible, but I still kinda want to try it.

A bunch of us fucked around with SynchTube tonight as a makeshift chat for the Halo 5 Unfinished, and we ended up having a pretty good time shooting the shit and watching a bunch of classic Giant Bomb clips (as well as some decidedly less-classic non-GB stuff), so I went and made something a little more permanent:

https://synchtu.be/r/GiantSync

For those unfamiliar, this is simply a chatroom where people can cue up YouTube clips (including live content, which I can imagine could become pretty handy in the future) that play in sync with everybody else. I'll try to plug it whenever there's a live YouTube stream going on, but for now I'm loading it up with old GB clips.

If anyone else wants to put Quick Looks, Best-Of clips, or any other GB YouTube videos they like up there, feel free.

Anjin M

A bunch of us fucked around with SynchTube tonight as a makeshift chat for the Halo 5 Unfinished, and we ended up having a pretty good time shooting the shit and watching a bunch of classic Giant Bomb clips (as well as some decidedly less-classic non-GB stuff), so I went and made something a little more permanent:

For those unfamiliar, this is simply a chatroom where people can cue up YouTube clips (including live content, which I can imagine could become pretty handy in the future) that play in sync with everybody else. I'll try to plug it whenever there's a live YouTube stream going on, but for now I'm loading it up with old GB clips.

If anyone else wants to put Quick Looks, Best-Of clips, or any other GB YouTube videos they like up there, feel free.
Added to the OP for posterity.

danm999

Episode 2 is really good. And 3 and 4; man.

rObit

Banned

Oh man, this is the best idea. I didn't even know SynchTube was a thing and you've already found the best use for it!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that pretty much what that new Twitch feature is? Playing "old" stuff from your channel and making it a 24/7 thing? Could work really well for GB.

Isn't that pretty much what that new Twitch feature is? Playing "old" stuff from your channel and making it a 24/7 thing? Could work really well for GB.

How weird it's a thing on Twitch now. I remember about half a year ago Mega64 started streaming their content 24/7. Guess they kinda innovated..

Joeku

This was the most fun and needs to exist 24/7.

Quentyn

Halo 5 looks good, but I think they could do a better job of easing you into the story. I played Halo 4 around launch and that was my last contact with this franchise. I never really cared about the books, TV series and whatever else they did outside of the games. Now they start Halo 5 with a bunch of characters that seem to have an established backstory already. Who the fuck is Locke and all these other people and why should I care about them at all?

They haven't said if this has it or not, but what I think this game really needs is a codex or something like that gets you up to speed on the characters and the history of the franchise. Like, who is Locke? What are the Forerunners again? What happened to Cortana the last time we saw her? I think that would go a long way.

I think it looks pretty interesting. It's cool that they're trying something new and I think that I'll probably end up giving it a shot because of that.

Joeku

Halo 5 looks good, but I think they could do a better job of easing you into the story. I played Halo 4 around launch and that was my last contact with this franchise. I never really cared about the books, TV series and whatever else they did outside of the games. Now they start Halo 5 with a bunch of characters that seem to have an established backstory already. Who the fuck is Locke and all these other people and why should I care about them at all?

They haven't said if this has it or not, but what I think this game really needs is a codex or something like that gets you up to speed on the characters and the history of the franchise. Like, who is Locke? What are the Forerunners again? What happened to Cortana the last time we saw her? I think that would go a long way.

They honestly could have done this since Halo 1, as there's a ton of shit you don't really get told. It's been a weird thing from the beginning, since the games present a semi-distant story that you can easily fill by extraneous means. So strange and precious.

They honestly could have done this since Halo 1, as there's a ton of shit you don't really get told. It's been a weird thing from the beginning, since the games present a semi-distant story that you can easily fill by extraneous means. So strange and precious.

Bungie's been super odd with their story telling since the first game (and are obviously continuing this tradition with Destiny). I hope Halo 5 at least has some kind of recap trailer where it basically gives a 10-15 minute recap of the franchise.

Or they can do something more indepth like with Yakuza where Yakuza 4 has like a 30 minute recap for each game before it.

Joeku

Bungie's been super odd with their story telling since the first game (and are obviously continuing this tradition with Destiny). I hope Halo 5 at least has some kind of recap trailer where it basically gives a 10-15 minute recap of the franchise.

Or they can do something more indepth like with Yakuza where Yakuza 4 has like a 30 minute recap for each game before it.
Yeah, it's so weird. It lends the stories weight but it's so NOT the whole story. Like, taking out "That wizard came from the moon" reeks of trying too hard. Just let the silliness live.

Joeku

I am pretty sure I'm going to be a disgusting mess of emotions as episode 5 goes on and will have to be carried to bed by my friend who weighs half as much as me. It's gonna be straight gross.

Please, god, don't let Dontnod drop the ball.

Xater

Halo 5 looks alright, but I checked out of Halo a long time ago and don't intend to get an Xbox One.

The difference between that intro and actual gameplay was still jarring.

I am pretty sure I'm going to be a disgusting mess of emotions as episode 5 goes on and will have to be carried to bed by my friend who weighs half as much as me. It's gonna be straight gross.

Please, god, don't let Dontnod drop the ball.
I have faith they won't drop the ball as I feel like they don't have too much to tie up.

Now imagine waiting for the conclusion to that since August!
God, it has been that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom